Walking Dead

ajzepp

Okay, I'm not sure what's going on, but the last two episodes of this show have sucked. Is it just me? Was this the point when Darabont got the shaft? I dunno, but it's boring me to tears. Boring dialogue, then people go out in the woods looking for the girl (again), someone gets shot, people freak, the end. Tonight there was like ten mins of boring banter between the cop and the head shaved guy about girls they banged in H.S...mmmkay.

Let's get this back on track, people.

I thought the seaon premiere was pretty awesome, and I thought last nights episode was really good too...but, I agree, eps 2,3,4 kind of dragged...I know, all of this is supposed to be taking place over three days, and you can do stories like that, but they are not doing a good job of building it as a three-day period. The end of last nights episode (#5- Chupacabra) was pretty good...I think the story may finally be moving again...too much hand-wringing by Rick, this season, about faith, and leadership...but last nights show kind of focused on the red-neck guy (can't remember his name at the moment), who I think is one of the stronger characters on the show.

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought the seaon premiere was pretty awesome, and I thought last nights episode was really good too...but, I agree, eps 2,3,4 kind of dragged...I know, all of this is supposed to be taking place over three days, and you can do stories like that, but they are not doing a good job of building it as a three-day period. The end of last nights episode (#5- Chupacabra) was pretty good...I think the story may finally be moving again...too much hand-wringing by Rick, this season, about faith, and leadership...but last nights show kind of focused on the red-neck guy (can't remember his name at the moment), who I think is one of the stronger characters on the show.

I don't know why I didn't connect the last couple of shows...I posted that just prior to the end of watching last night's episode on DVR, so after the barn scene hit I was feeling better about it. And I totally agree about the redneck guy...he's been one of my favorites too. I just feel like Im stuck in this cycle of argument-someone gets shot - back to looking for girl. I was happy the one kid got some action...that was a funny dynamic, especially being juxtaposed with him getting the pregnacny test for the lady. I dunno, I was just wanting more....when the blonde did what she did to the redneck toward the end, my eyes rolled. I hope next week is either a stronger offering or I'm in a different mood than I was last night lol

I don't know why I didn't connect the last couple of shows...I posted that just prior to the end of watching last night's episode on DVR, so after the barn scene hit I was feeling better about it. And I totally agree about the redneck guy...he's been one of my favorites too. I just feel like Im stuck in this cycle of argument-someone gets shot - back to looking for girl. I was happy the one kid got some action...that was a funny dynamic, especially being juxtaposed with him getting the pregnacny test for the lady. I dunno, I was just wanting more....when the blonde did what she did to the redneck toward the end, my eyes rolled. I hope next week is either a stronger offering or I'm in a different mood than I was last night lol

I have never read the books, and don't intend to. But, I did hear them say on the talk show afterwards (which I don't really watch, cuz I don't want to know about the books too much), in the books, the blond woman is supposed to be a "sharp

shooter"... like Annie Oakley...hence the cowboy hat, I suppose.

I liked the ending, but I have some questions about it...not indoctrinated in "zombie culture". But, something didn't make a lot of sense...

I have never read the books, and don't intend to. But, I did hear them say on the talk show afterwards (which I don't really watch, cuz I don't want to know about the books too much), in the books, the blond woman is supposed to be a "sharp

shooter"... like Annie Oakley...hence the cowboy hat, I suppose.

I liked the ending, but I have some questions about it...not indoctrinated in "zombie culture". But, something didn't make a lot of sense...

I can't imagine why they weren't jumping on her ass more than they did, you know? You had like three of them standing in front of the redneck as he came out of the woods, and at least one of two of them were armed, so no reason for taking a shot like that and putting the other three at risk. If I were Shane or Rick, I'd take that gun back from her again like they did before.

You're right about that ending...the old guy will have some 'splainin to do next week!

For as much as I like this show and Fringe, and the 1st seasons of Eureka and Warehouse 13, these just reinforce how far above the bar LOST was. Man I miss that show.

Walking Dead emphasizes to me how bad the acting in LOST always was and how often they threw away episodes for no reason. Dead is tightly written with excellent actors. So far there has been no Hispanic Cop, Hurley's girlfriend, and other meaningless stupid detours.

I can't imagine why they weren't jumping on her ass more than they did, you know? You had like three of them standing in front of the redneck as he came out of the woods, and at least one of two of them were armed, so no reason for taking a shot like that and putting the other three at risk. If I were Shane or Rick, I'd take that gun back from her again like they did before.

You're right about that ending...the old guy will have some 'splainin to do next week!

There is that, but, I also am wondering, like I did in an earlier post, what makes zombies tick? Are they looking for food, constantly? Do they need to eat to continue? They seem to be able to rip through things, why not a wooden barn? I still think the doctor might be responsible for the zombie "plague". But, I don't think we have ever heard anything about where it started, or how far it spreads, have we? Is it only in Georgia, the whole continent? Other continents?

One thing I really liked about last nights show, was the opening seen, the flashback, where the helicopters were dropping napalm over Atlanta..it was pretty chilling...wish we could see more of that story.

I am not a big horror or fantasy buff...when I was a kid I loved all the classic science fiction movies and shows (Star Trek, Planet of the Apes, Barbarella :blush: ), but kind of grew away from them...but, this show, to me, is like a real good sci-fi show, at least that is the way I watch it...

Edited by Buftex

Walking Dead emphasizes to me how bad the acting in LOST always was and how often they threw away episodes for no reason. Dead is tightly written with excellent actors. So far there has been no Hispanic Cop, Hurley's girlfriend, and other meaningless stupid detours.

Funny, a good friend of mine, who is a complete comic nerd, says he watched a few episodes of Walking Dead with his wife (she loves it) and just "can't get past the horrible acting and writing"... personally, I think he is just an "elitist" if there is such a thing in comic-nerd culture! :P

There is that, but, I also am wondering, like I did in an earlier post, what makes zombies tick? Are they looking for food, constantly? Do they need to eat to continue? They seem to be able to rip through things, why not a wooden barn? I still think the doctor might be responsible for the zombie "plague". But, I don't think we have ever heard anything about where it started, or how far it spreads, have we? Is it only in Georgia, the whole continent? Other continents?

One thing I really liked about last nights show, was the opening seen, the flashback, where the helicopters were dropping napalm over Atlanta..it was pretty chilling...wish we could see more of that story.

I am not a big horror or fantasy buff...when I was a kid I loved all the classic science fiction movies and shows (Star Trek, Planet of the Apes, Barbarella :blush: ), but kind of grew away from them...but, this show, to me, is like a real good sci-fi show, at least that is the way I watch it...

In the CDC Jenner told them the French held out the longest. So it is pretty much global.

In the CDC Jenner told them the French held out the longest. So it is pretty much global.

The French? Really? So this is more fantasy than sci-fi! :lol:

Thanks...have to go back and watch that...I just couldn't remember...

Edited by Buftex

When I seen the look on the girl's face when she read barn. I looked at my wife and said there's zombies in the barn and they are probably friends or family. haha

Didn't think of that angle on things. Good call!

It makes some sense. I am still thinknig, somehow, the doctor is responsible for the plauge (in the second episode of the season, he tells Rick something like "everything is curable, in time...mankind has suffered plauges like this throughout it's existence, it is god's way of leveling things out". If the doctor is keeping his afflicted family members locked up, thinking he can cure them at some point, he really does have a "god-complex".

When I seen the look on the girl's face when she read barn. I looked at my wife and said there's zombies in the barn and they are probably friends or family. haha

I thought that when they split the one in the well in half.

Maggie wasn't surprised there was one in the well and she was very upset they crushed its skull.

I think Hershel is bad **** crazy, but I don't think he started it.

agreed, no way the doctor started all this - I think the people in the barn are either friends/family or walkers that have come onto the property that they somehow corralled into the barn...and perhaps the doctor is working on some sort of a "cure" - but it makes sense for them to just be "holding" the zombies there b/c they are religious and dont believe in killing them

agreed, no way the doctor started all this - I think the people in the barn are either friends/family or walkers that have come onto the property that they somehow corralled into the barn...and perhaps the doctor is working on some sort of a "cure" - but it makes sense for them to just be "holding" the zombies there b/c they are religious and dont believe in killing them

Good call!

Another so-so episode last nigth...only one more, before the "Season 2, Part 2" starts in February.

Really? I thought that episode was MUCH better than anything else this year. Much creepier and exciting...

To me, the season opener, and last weeks, "Chupacabra" episode were the best of the season...I like this show, but the writing has been a little underwhelming so far this season...and it has been really repetitive. The scene in the drugstore, where the walker attacks the girl was so predictable, almost laughably so..and, unless I missed something (very possible) how did they draw the conclusion that Sophia "might be" in one of those houses? Or, was that the cop just making it up, because he wanted to go there for some other reason? It just didn't make sense. I have no problem with slow moving plots, but it is starting to feel like the gang (or moreover the show)is kind of stalled on the farm there...from what I can tell, all that has happened over this season is supposed to have taken place in 3-4 days...but it seems like an eternity. They keep having these clumsy scenes where we are supposed to be seeing some sort of factions being built up amongst the ranks, but there is no dramatic payoff to them. Maybe there will be...

I agree....this show is kind of letting me down, I had hopes of them trapesing all over the country in search of "free zones" or military installations..running into rogue groups of bikers, wacko scientists, dealing with trying to survive...not looking for one lost little girl all season while they sit nice and protected on some old dudes farm...

lets have them DO SOMETHING - or is that too expensive to do? Im sure it was cheap to shoot this entire season from the farm, but good god, your ruining a great idea

when the biggest drama of the episode is "you slept with Shane when you thought I was dead?"...thats LAME

Guess we can only pray for a better Season II part II....

(anyone watching Hell on Wheels after on AMC...im diggin that so far)

I agree....this show is kind of letting me down, I had hopes of them trapesing all over the country in search of "free zones" or military installations..running into rogue groups of bikers, wacko scientists, dealing with trying to survive...not looking for one lost little girl all season while they sit nice and protected on some old dudes farm...

lets have them DO SOMETHING - or is that too expensive to do? Im sure it was cheap to shoot this entire season from the farm, but good god, your ruining a great idea

when the biggest drama of the episode is "you slept with Shane when you thought I was dead?"...thats LAME

Guess we can only pray for a better Season II part II....

(anyone watching Hell on Wheels after on AMC...im diggin that so far)

One problem that the show seems to be falling into, which it avoided in the first season, they are needing clumsy, awkward dialog to explain what is happening, or to make sure the viewer understands the context of what is happening. Sci-fi has always had to deal with that problem...

I might watch "Hell On Wheels" at some point, though I have heard pretty mixed things on it...I just can't afford the time to add anything else to my viewing cue right now...between "Walking Dead" "Boardwalk Empire", "Dexter" football and hockey I spend too much time in front of the boob-tube during the fall and winter months.

Edited by Buftex

It seems to me what they are trying to do through recent episodes is some "Character biulding"

Still some awkward moments.....

- They are driving down the road and from out of nowhere the Blonde needs a sexual fix? WTF where did that come from as these two have biult absolutely no chemistry in that way so far through the series. While I am wondering why it has taken this long for someone to notice the blonde is a hot female she to me seems a bit on the "quiet crazy" side.......I would sleep with one eye open there

- Why does the old man care what the blonde does? He just seems entirely over protective of her and needs to realize he is dealing with adults not children.....

- The contfrontation between the old man and Cop #2 seemed overly dramatic.....

- I like the setting they are laying out with the Cop #2 and how he might be put out as a villian in the future.....he saved himself by wining the fat guy earlier....was banging the cops wife (even though they thought the cop was dead) but still and have been holding it secret (and now the secret is out)

My favorite charactor so far is the cops wife.....excellent actress and she is portraying her conflict awesomely......when she came out that she had been banging Cop #2 because she thought her husband was dead I found myself say "That took grit to come out with that and tell the truth" she forced me to engage her charactor and want to understand her a little better....thats acting.

It's gotten to the point where I genuinely do not care about this show any more. The first ep of the season was pretty good, but the last few have just been a bunch of idiots standing around complaining. And seriously, how long are we looking for this girl? It's not like she was any sort of major character beforehand so there is no way anyone in the audience is emotionally involved in the search. So yeah, plot is going nowhere. More than that every character complains incessantly/acts without logic. I mean honestly, who on earth would advocate going through a pregnancy IN THE MIDDLE OF A ZOMBIE HOLOCAUST?!? Really no one sees the downside of a crying infant or an 8 month pregnant woman trying to outrun the marauding hordes of the undead? I realize dropping the a-bomb pisses off the silent majority(kind of like our zombies...but with progress)but there isn't going to be any form of honest conversation about the logistics of post-apocalyptic pregnancy? We just go straight to the judgmental tongue lashing? And really, do morning after pills just have the words "morning after pills" printed on the front of the package? And if Herschel won't let them stay on the farm fine, but there is another farm like half a mile away. The house is always slightly in the distance. Just go there. Hey look, I just secured safe haven in the end times. Such a frustrating show because the concept is great, the comics are good enough, but the show is a disaster. Think we need to start thinning out the cast. This endless search has killed (pun!) the momentum. It no longer feels like the stakes are life and death which makes all the histrionics that much more unpalatable. Let the walkers in the barn loose and chomp a good 4-5 people out of my misery.

It's gotten to the point where I genuinely do not care about this show any more. The first ep of the season was pretty good, but the last few have just been a bunch of idiots standing around complaining. And seriously, how long are we looking for this girl? It's not like she was any sort of major character beforehand so there is no way anyone in the audience is emotionally involved in the search. So yeah, plot is going nowhere. More than that every character complains incessantly/acts without logic. I mean honestly, who on earth would advocate going through a pregnancy IN THE MIDDLE OF A ZOMBIE HOLOCAUST?!? Really no one sees the downside of a crying infant or an 8 month pregnant woman trying to outrun the marauding hordes of the undead? I realize dropping the a-bomb pisses off the silent majority(kind of like our zombies...but with progress)but there isn't going to be any form of honest conversation about the logistics of post-apocalyptic pregnancy? We just go straight to the judgmental tongue lashing? And really, do morning after pills just have the words "morning after pills" printed on the front of the package? And if Herschel won't let them stay on the farm fine, but there is another farm like half a mile away. The house is always slightly in the distance. Just go there. Hey look, I just secured safe haven in the end times. Such a frustrating show because the concept is great, the comics are good enough, but the show is a disaster. Think we need to start thinning out the cast. This endless search has killed (pun!) the momentum. It no longer feels like the stakes are life and death which makes all the histrionics that much more unpalatable. Let the walkers in the barn loose and chomp a good 4-5 people out of my misery.

This is some of what I've been struggling with the last few episodes. This season started out mad balls for me...I was REALLY excited for the first few weeks, but the last three episodes have had me watching the clock. I don't know if this was the point where Darabont was shown the door, but the show just has completely lost its mojo for me right now. As for this little girl, God bless her, but I'm at the point now where if she shows up healthy as a horse I'm gonna hve to call bullshiznit. Every time these people go off on their own, they get attacked by the walkers and sometimes barely make it out of the confrontation alive. Are you telling me some little girl can find a way to stay alive out in the woods all by herself for days at a time and end up being found/rescued?

There's no way I'll abandon the show, but somethign fishy is goign on here. The last three have been totally different than almost every other episode, and I really hope they get back to what made this show great.

Maybe this show needs more Tgreg? haha

Didnt the wife cover the reasons for NOT being pregnant just as you point them out in your post?

it was addressed.....I think husband was just but hurt he wasn't consulted.

she took the pills, changed her mind, and then the two of them started shrieking at each other. The characters don't have interesting shades to the personalities...nothing seems to be thought out, discussed and placed into the logic of the situation. During that conversation did Rick have any concern for his wife? Was there any closeness between the two? No, just a judgmental dink yelling at a harpie. It makes the scene so shallow because it really doesn't respect the history between the characters. We are talking about a husband and wife whose love propelled season one, a little bit of tenderness would just make sense. Same thing is going on with Shane (cop #2). Since shooting otis he has been acting like a sociopath. The conflict isn't being folded into Shane's previously established personality...he shoots Otis and now we have a brand new character who happens to look exactly like Shane. The melodrama works when the characters are fighting to survive. However they are (physically) in a safe and calm place, yet everyone's spazz dial is still set to 11. It's an exhausting way to deal with conflict since the behaviors don't make sense in context. All the yelling and crying is great awards bait, but it's totally derailing the show. Right now the show is like Desperate Housewives...except for about 2 minutes every week when teri hatcher offs a zombie. I'm pretty sure the popularity of the show is now because dudes are willing to sit through a lot in the name of watching a zombie attack. It's all zombie porn but we're being forced to dissect the motivations of the pool boy. Or pizza delivery guy..nurse...I don't know, other porn occupation.

This is some of what I've been struggling with the last few episodes. This season started out mad balls for me...I was REALLY excited for the first few weeks, but the last three episodes have had me watching the clock. I don't know if this was the point where Darabont was shown the door, but the show just has completely lost its mojo for me right now. As for this little girl, God bless her, but I'm at the point now where if she shows up healthy as a horse I'm gonna hve to call bullshiznit. Every time these people go off on their own, they get attacked by the walkers and sometimes barely make it out of the confrontation alive. Are you telling me some little girl can find a way to stay alive out in the woods all by herself for days at a time and end up being found/rescued?

There's no way I'll abandon the show, but somethign fishy is goign on here. The last three have been totally different than almost every other episode, and I really hope they get back to what made this show great.

I can see this being a possibility based solely on how cheap the show looks now. I know darabont's exit had a lot to do with money...perhaps he balked at wasting so much time in one location just spinning wheels. You see the same problem with Hell on Wheels. Not a bad show, but the whole thing takes place in a field. Kind of boring to look at. I was hoping this season was going to be like a long road movie. Having been familiar with the books, I thought they'd play up the nomadic aspect of their lives with season three taking place...I won't spoil the books...in the destination they end up in. But no, we are just going to stand outside and mope over some girl I would not be able to recognize if I saw again. The best way to judge genre tv is: would you still watch if the central gimmick was gone? If we were told there would be no more zombies, rather these knuckleheads were just going to make a new society for the rest of the series, I highly doubt any of us would be tuning back in.

Edited by Astrojanitor

I guess I don't hate it as much as you, but I have noticed a lot of what you are talking about...I still find it interesting enough, and and entertaining...I just thoght the first season had a much better tone. Though, the hamfisted use of the Bob Dylan song at the end of season one should have been a clue of what was to come...

The writing/editing, or whatever is just not very strong. According to the dialoug, they have only been at the farm for three days (at least in the episode prior to this one) but they have done a poor job of establishing time, so it seems like they have been there for weeks on end...funny, it doesn't even seem like the mother of the little girl is as concerned about her as the others...

I agree with John, they are trying to establish the characters a bit more...which is why (I guess I am in the minority) I thought the episode last week, where Darryl (redneck?) gets lost in the woods, was really good...the corny end, where the blond lady shoots him by mistake was sort of silly...but all in all, a good episode. Rick (good cop) going on about being a reluctant leader, or "is there a god" is getting kind of tiresome.

I also think they are setting up (obviously) factions in the group...bad cop and blondie, Glenn and the farmers' daughter, Darryl and the missing girls mother...Rick and his family...Old man and "T-Dog"...with as many conflicts as they all seem to have, I find it kind of hard to fathom that they made it as long, toghether, as they have.

Agree with whoever said it, the scene between the old man and the bad cop was a little over the top...

I can see this being a possibility based solely on how cheap the show looks now. I know darabont's exit had a lot to do with money...perhaps he balked at wasting so much time in one location just spinning wheels. You see the same problem with Hell on Wheels. Not a bad show, but the whole thing takes place in a field. Kind of boring to look at. I was hoping this season was going to be like a long road movie. Having been familiar with the books, I thought they'd play up the nomadic aspect of their lives with season three taking place...I won't spoil the books...in the destination they end up in. But no, we are just going to stand outside and mope over some girl I would not be able to recognize if I saw again. The best way to judge genre tv is: would you still watch if the central gimmick was gone? If we were told there would be no more zombies, rather these knuckleheads were just going to make a new society for the rest of the series, I highly doubt any of us would be tuning back in.

The "Ralph Wilson bug" started showing up with "Mad Men", AMC's first real successful show. They wrote a few characters out of the show, and when the company moved to a new office, on the show, I understand, they worked on a really small set and had difficulty getting a lot of standard camera angles down, due to space limitations. Somebody in another thread, maybe the "Breaking Bad" thread, suggested that, perhaps, AMC had struck "too much gold" with "Mad Men", "Breaking Bad" and "The Walking Dead" and just couldn't afford to sustain shows with such unexpected, lofty, reputations. Perhaps the dreadful "Killing" will help get them back on track!! :lol:

Edited by Buftex

I guess I don't hate it as much as you, but I have noticed a lot of what you are talking about...I still find it interesting enough, and and entertaining...I just thoght the first season had a much better tone. Though, the hamfisted use of the Bob Dylan song at the end of season one should have been a clue of what was to come...

The writing/editing, or whatever is just not very strong. According to the dialoug, they have only been at the farm for three days (at least in the episode prior to this one) but they have done a poor job of establishing time, so it seems like they have been there for weeks on end...funny, it doesn't even seem like the mother of the little girl is as concerned about her as the others...

I agree with John, they are trying to establish the characters a bit more...which is why (I guess I am in the minority) I thought the episode last week, where Darryl (redneck?) gets lost in the woods, was really good...the corny end, where the blond lady shoots him by mistake was sort of silly...but all in all, a good episode. Rick (good cop) going on about being a reluctant leader, or "is there a god" is getting kind of tiresome.

I also think they are setting up (obviously) factions in the group...bad cop and blondie, Glenn and the farmers' daughter, Darryl and the missing girls mother...Rick and his family...Old man and "T-Dog"...with as many conflicts as they all seem to have, I find it kind of hard to fathom that they made it as long, toghether, as they have.

Agree with whoever said it, the scene between the old man and the bad cop was a little over the top...

The "Ralph Wilson bug" started showing up with "Mad Men", AMC's first real successful show. They wrote a few characters out of the show, and when the company moved to a new office, on the show, I understand, they worked on a really small set and had difficulty getting a lot of standard camera angles down, due to space limitations. Somebody in another thread, maybe the "Breaking Bad" thread, suggested that, perhaps, AMC had struck "too much gold" with "Mad Men", "Breaking Bad" and "The Walking Dead" and just couldn't afford to sustain shows with such unexpected, lofty, reputations. Perhaps the dreadful "Killing" will help get them back on track!! :lol:

That may be what they are trying to do, but it's not working out very well. Think proof is so few people remember character names. In this thread they are getting described as "old man" and "cop #2". They spend all this time developing characters and we still have a bunch of one-dimensional archetypes. Therefore the old man acts even more like an old man, bad cop acts like a crazy person, distraught blonde is borderline suicidal, moral center (rick) is an ineffectual reactionary...etc etc. So in lieu of characters that matter we are stuck with several weeks worth of propping up cliches. It's making watching the show such an empty experience. A drag since there is so much potential.

And if it does indeed take place over three days that opens up a whole new set of problems. Look at how well carl is doing. A kid is going to be up and running around 3 days after being shot? 2 days after a surgery done under those circumstances? I realize reality is not something I should turn to during zombie fiction...but you have to make sense at least. I got the impression they've been hanging around for several weeks based on the depth of glenn's relationship and Carl's progress. But I'm sure I'm wrong, I really do think they are claiming this is going down over the course of a holiday weekend.

The scenes in the house reminded me of the movie Aliens as they explored where people made their last stands. I think the Walking Dead is amazing at their set pieces, and last night's visuals in the garage were no exception.

absolutely, the show is so powerful when it interacts with the world. Probably my favorite sequence ever in a film is the rural airport scene in the original Dawn of the Dead. Some of the details in that scene are devastating...in particular the note left on a pizza box. Such a true detail. Walking Dead hits little details like that all of the time. Also why its so frustrating watching them dick around in a field for the past three weeks. Listening to them bicker is irritating, few zombies and nothing interesting to look at.

Edited by Astrojanitor

:lol:

I need to hire you as my agent.

I'm still catching up with the show now that my other project has wrapped. I'm hoping watching them in marathon sessions will help push me through some of the rough patches in Season 2. I hope?

It seems to me what they are trying to do through recent episodes is some "Character biulding"

- They are driving down the road and from out of nowhere the Blonde needs a sexual fix? WTF where did that come from as these two have biult absolutely no chemistry in that way so far through the series. While I am wondering why it has taken this long for someone to notice the blonde is a hot female she to me seems a bit on the "quiet crazy" side.......I would sleep with one eye open there

- Why does the old man care what the blonde does? He just seems entirely over protective of her and needs to realize he is dealing with adults not children.....

- The contfrontation between the old man and Cop #2 seemed overly dramatic.....

- I like the setting they are laying out with the Cop #2 and how he might be put out as a villian in the future.....he saved himself by wining the fat guy earlier....was banging the cops wife (even though they thought the cop was dead) but still and have been holding it secret (and now the secret is out)

My favorite charactor so far is the cops wife.....excellent actress and she is portraying her conflict awesomely......when she came out that she had been banging Cop #2 because she thought her husband was dead I found myself say "That took grit to come out with that and tell the truth" she forced me to engage her charactor and want to understand her a little better....thats acting.

My least favorite is the cop's wife. She comes across as a self centered brat. Ripping her husband for not telling her about the walkers in the barn and then non-justifying not telling Rick about her pregnancy was teeth grinding. But.....it's the writers, not her (I keep telling myself).

My least favorite is the cop's wife. She comes across as a self centered brat. Ripping her husband for not telling her about the walkers in the barn and then non-justifying not telling Rick about her pregnancy was teeth grinding. But.....it's the writers, not her (I keep telling myself).

I think she was ripping the husband for not telling him that the doctor wanted the gang off his land, once her son was healthy. It makes sense, cuz she was having inner-turmoil about whether to have her baby or not...maybe on the farm, you could bring a kid up with some joy, but not out in the world...

I saw the mid-ride romp as an adrenaline rush thing after she just blasted all those zombies.

I think she was ripping the husband for not telling him that the doctor wanted the gang off his land, once her son was healthy. It makes sense, cuz she was having inner-turmoil about whether to have her baby or not...maybe on the farm, you could bring a kid up with some joy, but not out in the world...

You are probably right. However, it still a double standard. She is hardly the only one coping with inner turmoil.

wow....I did not expect that girl to be in the barn. Well, looks like we will be waiting until February now.

I have to admit, I hated this show after the first season, but the second season has been much better. The characters are still weak, but at least they (the writers) are trying to be original.

Edited by Buff_bills4ever

That episode redeemed the last few for me. I thought it was pretty strong with a nice intensity and a powerful final scene. I love the way they've developed Rick and Shane, and the fallout from this will be very interesting.

Good show...looking forward to February (which is much better than having to wait until Oct again!)

That episode redeemed the last few for me. I thought it was pretty strong with a nice intensity and a powerful final scene. I love the way they've developed Rick and Shane, and the fallout from this will be very interesting.

Good show...looking forward to February (which is much better than having to wait until Oct again!)

Yeah, I thoght it was real good too. Just wondering though, do you think Herschal (the doctor) knew Sophia was in the barn all along? I can see why he wouldn't tell the gang, when he was still trying to keep the barn walkers secret, but once the news was out, why wouldn't he tell them? It might have helped the gang understand his point of view, that these were people, not walking dead carcasses.