Did anyone just see that BOMB from Cam Newton?

The Big Cat

mallet/luck and locker even ponder are gonna run circles around him once the combine and interviews start. wanting to take this guy in the first 4 rounds is insane. unless he is gonna play TE then yah lets take him. our oline cant hold people off for 12 seconds that this kid needs to read a basic cover 2 Defense.

lets just take fairley or quinn in the first and hinezrich in the second and keep adding front7. there will be another cam newton next year that you guys will fall in love with and forget cam ever lived.

And you know how long it takes him to read a defense based on.... :unsure:

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A larger-than-you-think percentage of Bills fans (whether they admit it or not) would never want a black QB on their team.

Period.

That's quite a bizarre, unfounded, and ridiculous, assertion (IMO) - since the Bills are the first professional football team in the modern are to have had a black starting QB (1969 8th-round draft pick James Harris).

Bills fans care about winning. Period.

Edited by The Senator

That's quite a bizarre, unfounded, and ridiculous, assertion (IMO) - since the Bills are the first professional football team in the modern are to have had a black starting QB (1969 8th-round draft pick James Harris).

You beat me to it, Senator.

Though one could argue that the evidence suggests that Lou Saban, who traded away James Harris, was opposed to black QBs. Marlon Briscoe, whom Saban ran out of Denver and then traded away from Buffalo as well, certainly thought so. That, however, is a different historical argument.

mallet/luck and locker even ponder are gonna run circles around him once the combine and interviews start. wanting to take this guy in the first 4 rounds is insane. unless he is gonna play TE then yah lets take him. our oline cant hold people off for 12 seconds that this kid needs to read a basic cover 2 Defense.

lets just take fairley or quinn in the first and hinezrich in the second and keep adding front7. there will be another cam newton next year that you guys will fall in love with and forget cam ever lived.

Obviously you don't watch college football or you would know...

He is not going to get blown away at the combines. He moves inside the pocket as good as anyone in CFS, he is extremely elusive. Always looks downfield for a big play. Takes off running on a pass play only when option 1-4 are covered or the percentages for getting the firstdown are too high. High football IQ. Ohh yeah, strongest arm, strongest legs, best body and best play-action ball fakes to running backs. Not counting the body fakes he does like Tebow.

Contrary to the all-or-nothing positions often taken in discussions like this, all of these statements can be true:

1. Cam Newton is an excellent football player with enormous potential

2. Whether his amazing skills will translate to the NFL is an open question, since plenty of great college QBs (black and white) fail to make the transition

And:

1. His family clearly broke NCAA and SEC rules by soliciting money from Southern Miss

2. The NCAA is far from morally pure when it comes to athletes and money

How it all plays out, on both scores, remains to be seen.

You are spot on. They will cheer and boo a qb, black or white, based on performance. :thumbsup:

You are spot on. They will cheer and boo a qb, black or white, based on performance. :thumbsup:

By "They" is most Bills fans -- and to that, I agree.

I'm simply asserting that there's a larger-than-you'd-think faction of fans who would prefer otherwise.

Edited by Dawgg

I would like to add that the best case scenario for Cam in Buffalo is watching Fitz take the reigns for AT LEAST the first 20 games of Cams career while he's sprinkled in for a specialty play here and there.

My main concern; ONE YEAR WONDER.

How will he like getting SUCKED back into orbit, presumably for a span of time that exceeds his college glory days?

Correct...for the most part. Of course there will be some mooks who will boo more quickly, or perhaps never cheer for a QB, simply because of the amount of melanin in his skin. But other than that, there is no reason to think a black QB won't be accepted in Buffalo.

Correct...for the most part. Of course there will be some mooks who will boo more quickly, or perhaps never cheer for a QB, simply because of the amount of melanin in his skin. But other than that, there is no reason to think a black QB won't be accepted in Buffalo.

I love Buffalo and Buffalonians. Always will. My favorite city in the world. I could easily imagine moving back there even though I have lived away (for business reasons) a long time. I still have the same friends I grew up with, and they are an awesome group of guys.

I am appalled when I go back to Buffalo and see how racist it is. I was watching the Bills game in Washington State last week with a Bills fan I have known my whole life. Still lives in Buffalo. Great guy. Everyone loves him. Would do anything for you. We were talking about whether the Bills should draft Luck because of Fitzpatrick. We both agreed we had to draft Luck if he was available. I said none of the other guys are worthy of a first round pick for the Bills. I asked him about Cam Newton. He said, "Nah. He's a spook. Don't want no &^%$ quarterbacking."

Amazing.

I love Buffalo and Buffalonians. Always will. My favorite city in the world. I could easily imagine moving back there even though I have lived away (for business reasons) a long time. I still have the same friends I grew up with, and they are an awesome group of guys.

I am appalled when I go back to Buffalo and see how racist it is. I was watching the Bills game in Washington State last week with a Bills fan I have known my whole life. Still lives in Buffalo. Great guy. Everyone loves him. Would do anything for you. We were talking about whether the Bills should draft Luck because of Fitzpatrick. We both agreed we had to draft Luck if he was available. I said none of the other guys are worthy of a first round pick for the Bills. I asked him about Cam Newton. He said, "Nah. He's a spook. Don't want no &^%$ quarterbacking."

Amazing.

Like I said, a mook (your friend, that is). Compared to some places I have lived (specifically Long Island and here in Florida) Buffalo doesn't seem as racist to me. But let's be very clear. Racism is very alive and thriving in the USA despite what many (white people) may think.

By "They" is most Bills fans -- and to that, I agree.

I'm simply asserting that there's a larger-than-you'd-think faction of fans who would prefer otherwise.

There is always a faction going against the mainstream view. It is impossible to have unanimity on any player or issue. Do you think there is a singular view on Fitz being a franchise qb?

Like I said, a mook (your friend, that is). Compared to some places I have lived (specifically Long Island and here in Florida) Buffalo doesn't seem as racist to me. But let's be very clear. Racism is very alive and thriving in the USA despite what many (white, hispanic and black people) may think.

fixed

Edited by Magox

Do you think there is a singular view on Fitz being a franchise qb?

Of course not. But do you think the majority of those who don't think he is a franchise QB hold that belief because he is white? Irish? Has a beard?

fixed

I have no problem with the correction, but I don't think many Hispanic or Black people think racism is dead. They know it isn't.

Of course not. But do you think the majority of those who don't think he is a franchise QB hold that belief because he is white? Irish? Has a beard?

I am a hair bigot. I don't believe than any qb should be a starter who has a scraggy beard. It's hideous. Brohm should be the starter until Harvard Fitz shaves off that tangled monstrosity. :devil:

Like I said, a mook (your friend, that is). Compared to some places I have lived (specifically Long Island and here in Florida) Buffalo doesn't seem as racist to me. But let's be very clear. Racism is very alive and thriving in the USA despite what many (white people) may think.

The funny thing is, this is a guy who is an unbelievably great guy. The (sporadic) racism is the only thing I can think of I don't like about him, although it's a big thing for me. He's awesome. If you asked 100 people who knew him, 99 or 100 would say he's a great guy. He doesn't ever (in my knowledge and I talk sports with him all the time) distinguish between liking white players more than black players. His personal email address is the name of a black athlete. But black QB on the Bills? Nah. A spook.

i think tebow was a better college player to tell you the truth. and yes i have been watching him. hes had some really good games this season but too many of you are on his jock. seriously you thik bhe will be able to do this at the next level?

everyones go their own views. and for me i just dont se him being a QB at the NFL level and pair that with what i think this team needs are(front7) i want nothing to do with project players like cam is