Props for the O-line from BBaldinger

TPS

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: Though the w-l record is not what we would prefer I love the fact people are stepping up and taking notice. Personally, I think we are probably 2 defensive lineman and 2 LB's away from really emerging out of the hell of the last decade. Props to Gailey for turning the offense around and let's hope the D - especially against the run - can take the same step forward.

Again, it's all the more impressive in Bell's case, since he missed all off the off-season, up until before the 2nd pre-season game. Hopefully he and Wood have healthy off-seasons and continue to improve. What they need is to find a RT. And I'd be curious to find out whether they think they can/need to upgrade the center spot.

Bills most improved in league, and props to to Levitre and Bell. He also mentions something I posted about the Pitt game--the toughnous of the Bills as they went "toe-to-toe" with one of the toughest teams in the league.

Brian Baldinger

Courtesy of rumblings.

He just had a segment of NFL network for about 3-4 minutes about how well the Bills are playing while showing film of WHY they are playing better. He notes that D. Bell had a standout game blocking one of the best rushers in the league, and Levitre had an awesome day too, picking up stunts, and commented on the Steve Johnson drop how well Levitre excuted his kick out block on his pull. Also commented more on Steve Johnson saying he is one of the best in the league running with the ball after the catch. Good watch, just happened about 10 or so minutes ago.

Solomon Wilcots was the only one to pick us to lose :rolleyes:

Again, it's all the more impressive in Bell's case, since he missed all off the off-season, up until before the 2nd pre-season game. Hopefully he and Wood have healthy off-seasons and continue to improve. What they need is to find a RT. And I'd be curious to find out whether they think they can/need to upgrade the center spot.

Don't count Wrotto out. The guy converted from Dline to O his last year at GTech. He could develop into a solid RT...could.

Don't count Wrotto out. The guy converted from Dline to O his last year at GTech. He could develop into a solid RT...could.

Yeah, hopefully he can develop at RT. He's been in the league for 4 years, but previously had just played OG (4 games at RG in 2008 and 1 game at LG in 2009).

He might but then again he better because as it stands right now the Bills OL is a player and a half away from being an adequate unit,

The one is obviously the RT slot where I hope you are right that Wrotto will one day shape up to be the man but right now its a fairly reasonable assumption that a big part of the story on Sundays was that opponents did not have enough film on him to develop his tendencies and identify weaknesses in his game that he may well be talented enough to improve. However, his performance Sunday became more impressive as the Bills finally got their O together and Wrotto was a part of that success, Even if opponents had not yet been able to figure out a gameplan to take advantage of his weaknesses he did a good job simply reading and reacting against a talented O.

If things work out well for him you gotta figure a good year til he is adequate.

The half player comes in because the significant injuries which unfortunately have cost both Wood and Bell some significant PT and practice time, nagging injuries (and age in Hammy's case) and the role IR has played in the revolving door at RT speaks to the need that even with some good position flexibility from out OL players we need another experienced swing guy,

When you add into that the fact we have not found a TE with a well rounded game making him both a receiving threat and 6th blocker when needed we are a player and a half away on OL.

I was very negative at the beginning of the season because of our oline. Personally I wasn't to concerned about won/loss record but more about improvement overall and especially the oline. It seems to be happening so now I know at least we can compete. A completely different attitude watching the games now. It seemed so hopeless before but now I know the Bills can score against anybody. Sure there are big questions still but it appears that the Bills have turned the corner to some extent. Long way to go but progress being made

He might but then again he better because as it stands right now the Bills OL is a player and a half away from being an adequate unit,

The one is obviously the RT slot where I hope you are right that Wrotto will one day shape up to be the man but right now its a fairly reasonable assumption that a big part of the story on Sundays was that opponents did not have enough film on him to develop his tendencies and identify weaknesses in his game that he may well be talented enough to improve. However, his performance Sunday became more impressive as the Bills finally got their O together and Wrotto was a part of that success, Even if opponents had not yet been able to figure out a gameplan to take advantage of his weaknesses he did a good job simply reading and reacting against a talented O.

If things work out well for him you gotta figure a good year til he is adequate.

The half player comes in because the significant injuries which unfortunately have cost both Wood and Bell some significant PT and practice time, nagging injuries (and age in Hammy's case) and the role IR has played in the revolving door at RT speaks to the need that even with some good position flexibility from out OL players we need another experienced swing guy,

When you add into that the fact we have not found a TE with a well rounded game making him both a receiving threat and 6th blocker when needed we are a player and a half away on OL.

I am sure the Bills will draft an OL or two, but I don't know that it is such a need that they target in the first 3 rounds. Urbik is a solid back up, and Howard seems to be a versatile back up. Who knows about Wang yet. Overall, it is less of a priority than most of us thought.

From the video, that play to Johnson, with the exception of the drop, was executed to perfection. The blocking was outstanding--what a pocket!

He just had a segment of NFL network for about 3-4 minutes about how well the Bills are playing while showing film of WHY they are playing better. He notes that D. Bell had a standout game blocking one of the best rushers in the league, and Levitre had an awesome day too, picking up stunts, and commented on the Steve Johnson drop how well Levitre excuted his kick out block on his pull. Also commented more on Steve Johnson saying he is one of the best in the league running with the ball after the catch. Good watch, just happened about 10 or so minutes ago.

Solomon Wilcots was the only one to pick us to lose :rolleyes:

Let's hope we disappoint him! I think the Bills have a decent shot at a win this weekend.

I am sure the Bills will draft an OL or two, but I don't know that it is such a need that they target in the first 3 rounds. Urbik is a solid back up, and Howard seems to be a versatile back up. Who knows about Wang yet. Overall, it is less of a priority than most of us thought.

From the video, that play to Johnson, with the exception of the drop, was executed to perfection. The blocking was outstanding--what a pocket!

Given D. Bell's problems staying healthy and what I, in any event, foresee as a potential D. Bell contract-extension/holdout problem down the line, I think we ought to draft OL if we can get a good player. If we're drafting in the top-5 and have a chance at a premier LT prospect, might be hard to pass him up.