December Movies: Tron: Legacy, Narnia:VOTDT, True Grit, and

Mark Vader

Just saw "Black Swan". Very dramatic, dark & twisted. What more would you expect from Darren Aranofsky. Natalie Portman is very good as is much of the acting with Mila Kunis & Vincent Cassell.

It'll get nominated for Best Picture, but I do not think it should win. Portman could very well walk away with the Best Actress Oscar. So check it out.

Also to give some of you guys a little extra motivation, there is a big Natalie Portman on Mila Kunis scene that will leave you either :o or :w00t: or :unsure: .

Movie was a let down to me. Thought it was over dramatic sometimes with over the top music score that didn't fit the situation. I guess the acting was ok and the lesbo scene was hot but thats about it. True Grit, The Fighter, and 127 Hours were all far better December offerings imho :thumbsup:

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw Tron 3D. If you remember or refresh yourself with the first one you will be better off...

[size="4"]SPOILER:[/size]

This movie was good up until the very end. I compare it to Batman Returns where the sequel could be better then the first - but does not take away from the first. It is clearly a set up for a trilogy. The acting was interesting, the graphics were great, and the experience was better then Dancing with Smurfs Avatar. It was more real and not so cheesey.

True Grit was terrific. Although the Coens could make that movie in their sleep at this point. Very very well done, but didn't feel as alive as their best work.

Tron was visually amazing...but every line of dialog was painful. Can say it's the last time I'm every seeing something in 3D. The payoff just isn't there.

True Grit was terrific. Although the Coens could make that movie in their sleep at this point. Very very well done, but didn't feel as alive as their best work.

Tron was visually amazing...but every line of dialog was painful. Can say it's the last time I'm every seeing something in 3D. The payoff just isn't there.

I'm with you on the 3-D thing. The only film that I thought was really enhanced with the 3D was the recent Jackass film lol. I've seen Avatar both in 3D and 2D, and I just don't think you gain much with the former.

I cannot WAIT to see True Grit...

Movie was a let down to me. Thought it was over dramatic sometimes with over the top music score that didn't fit the situation. I guess the acting was ok and the lesbo scene was hot but thats about it. True Grit, The Fighter, and 127 Hours were all far better December offerings imho :thumbsup:

I still have to see those movies. True Grit is getting almost no awards recognition which could hurt in the long run.

Right now it looks like it's going to be either The Fighter or The King's Speech that will win Best Picture. Although I still think Toy Story 3 should be a serious contender. Yes, Toy Story 3 was that good.

Black Swan may have been a bit overdramatic, but that is'nt surprising. Another reason why I do'nt think Black Swan should win best picture. I do think the acting was good though.

I still have to see those movies. True Grit is getting almost no awards recognition which could hurt in the long run.

Right now it looks like it's going to be either The Fighter or The King's Speech that will win Best Picture. Although I still think Toy Story 3 should be a serious contender. Yes, Toy Story 3 was that good.

Black Swan may have been a bit overdramatic, but that is'nt surprising. Another reason why I do'nt think Black Swan should win best picture. I do think the acting was good though.

I wasn't going to see Toy Story 3, but when I read the description of the plot I thought it was brilliant. Now I cant wait to see it. Have it next on my netflix, so just need to get a few movies watched and sent back. I heard it's a pretty amazing film.

Toy Story 3 was fabulous, especially if you have kids that mirrored Andy's age....

I wasn't going to see Toy Story 3, but when I read the description of the plot I thought it was brilliant. Now I cant wait to see it. Have it next on my netflix, so just need to get a few movies watched and sent back. I heard it's a pretty amazing film.

Don't forget your tissues! Really tugs at your heartstrings at one point in the movie. You will know when you see it. :)

I can't wait to see True Grit. I've been having a thing for cowboys lately. :blush:

Edited by LanaK6

Saw The King's Speech yesterday...oh my god. Simply one of the best films I've ever seen. Certainly, the best period piece. Perhaps I'm overreacting, but it's an absolute crime if Colin Firth doesn't win Best Actor for his portrayal of Albert.

I was worried about this being a little boring. Not so?

Saw The King's Speech yesterday...oh my god. Simply one of the best films I've ever seen. Certainly, the best period piece. Perhaps I'm overreacting, but it's an absolute crime if Colin Firth doesn't win Best Actor for his portrayal of Albert.

People have been saying how good Firth is, and that he may finally win the Oscar.

I am looking forward to seeing this movie.

Saw "The Fighter", and I have to admit that it was as good as many people have been saying. Christian Bale & Amy Adams are top notch in this movie, as are Mark Wahlberg & Melissa Leo. See this movie if you already have'nt.

See, I thought that Wahlberg did a really good job but got out-acted by a mile when it came to Bale. It was pretty easy to tell which was the naturally born actor and which one learned the trade.

See, I thought that Wahlberg did a really good job but got out-acted by a mile when it came to Bale. It was pretty easy to tell which was the naturally born actor and which one learned the trade.

Can't argue with that. I think Wahlberg did well though. I guess you can argue that Bale had the more interesting character to portray. Still, Bale was amazing. I also thought whomever played the mother did a fantastic job. Have no idea who she is though

Awesome work, as always Mark!

One small clarification, though...True Grit is not so much a remake as it is a re-interpretation. That's partly why I'm so excited about the film. It was arguably the most intense and well-done trailer I've ever seen, and the early reviews have only served to increase my level of anticipation for this project.

Here's the first review I came across from one of the sources I trust most - AICN

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/47626

Fockers was OK. Saw True Grit this past weekend. Awesome movie! Highly recommend. Might be the best western since Clint's "Unforgiven"

Edited by MarkyMannn

Fockers was OK. Saw True Grit this past weekend. Awesome movie! Highly recommend. Might be the best western since Clint's "Unforgiven"

Well that would be huge then, cause I loved Unforgiven...if this one is in that league, I'll really enjoy it.

Today would have been a good day for me to go, but we're actually snowed in down here in ATL...very weird feeling