Steve Johnson Should Not Blame God

NaPolian8693

Stevie is an emotional guy who wears his heart on his sleeve. There's not a person on Earth who hasn't said something similar out of frustration so anyone bashing him for this really needs to do some self-reflection and get a clue.

Most of us would let out a "Jesus Christ" and that would be it.

Anyway, if Stevie is praising Him 24 hrs a day, is that why he couldn't speak to the cops after ML plowed into that Canadian?

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not sure who he is actually blaming in is Tweet, but he only has one person to blame and that is Stevie himself. Like Cris Carter said this morning on ESPN Radio, he didn't drop the ball on sunday, he dropped it on monday, tuesday, wednesday and thursday by letting his success from the Bengal game get to his head and not concentrating on football this past week. He spent all week on talk shows, radio shows, acting like a celebrity and not a young inexperienced football player. Maybe now he can throw away the ignorant T-shirt he wore last week, get a real haircut and shave that retarded crap off of his head and focus on football. If someone doesn't corral this young talented football player, his ego will get the best of him, and will will have our own Ocho Stinko on our hands. I just hope he learns from this and his ego is somewhat knocked down a peg or two for costing his team a win over a much superior team, that would have went miles for the entire teams confidence.

Edited by billsfreak

Well, Ryan Clark said it was a perfect route that got him beat, so responsibility, check.

Respect, listen to any interview the guy has given and the way he speaks of others, check.

And humility, yeah I'd say he's got this covered too. Listen to his post-game interviews.

Has it been this long since we've had an honest-to-god (oops) entertaining star here in Buffalo that we don't know how to react? Every little thing is under the microscope here. :wallbash:

There is no problem unless he creates one. He dropped the ball. Now he needs to pull himself up and resume his career.

If he is under a microscope then he put himself there. Please recall the Minuteman celebration in New England and and the Tee-shirt celebration in Cinci? He has already been fined twice for his antics. Now he is leaning a painful lesson in humility.

Coach Gailey said a lot when he said these words and they were directed at Stevie Johnson: “In this business, there’s two types of people — the humble and the humbled — and if you’re not in the first group, you’ll be in the second group at some point in time,”

Well Stevie says he is now humbled. Good news Mr. Johnson, so please stop the premeditated celebrations and the tweetings and dedicate yourself to your craft. If you do that you will have a rewarding career. (See Examples: Jerry Rice and Andre Reed.)

From his Twitter:

He really should accept the responsibility solely on his shoulders, and not blame God. Also, he should probably leave God out of this entirely. Some religious people may find that Tweet offensive.

Mods I know there is another thread about this but it has a subject line that is kinda misleading

I hope this is a joke.

We're always complaining about players thanking God when they win a game. Blaming God for the loss is way overdue. Besides no Bills fan can possibly believe in God.

First he is upset, he is frustrated and with that if we accept that he was tweeting to GOD, which would be pretty cool if God has a twitter account. Ask yourself, is Stevie's tweet blaming God any worse than all those players wearing their faith on their sleeve and thanking "my lord and savior for helping me win (fill in the blank).

The God I know could give a rip about who wins a game.

I think blaming God for the drop is awesome! It made my day, after a tough loss...just another reason to dig Steve Johnson...

As for religious people possibly finding it offensive...boo hoo! Never hear any of them get offended when athletes praise the God, for letting them win a big game, or make a big play. If the big man and his followers want to accept the praise, they gotta take the criticism...this NFL is a tough business, nobody is above reproach.

My thoughts, exactly.

That actually makes a lot more sense...and I believe you...but it was funner when I thought he was blaming God!

Indeed

There is no problem unless he creates one. He dropped the ball. Now he needs to pull himself up and resume his career.

If he is under a microscope then he put himself there. Please recall the Minuteman celebration in New England and and the Tee-shirt celebration in Cinci? He has already been fined twice for his antics. Now he is leaning a painful lesson in humility.

Coach Gailey said a lot when he said these words and they were directed at Stevie Johnson: “In this business, there’s two types of people — the humble and the humbled — and if you’re not in the first group, you’ll be in the second group at some point in time,”

Well Stevie says he is now humbled. Good news Mr. Johnson, so please stop the premeditated celebrations and the tweetings and dedicate yourself to your craft. If you do that you will have a rewarding career. (See Examples: Jerry Rice and Andre Reed.)

The celebrations are fun from a kid who loves playing the game.

As for his twittering? It has absolutely zero effect on his play on the field. Guess what? He drops that ball whether or not he has a twitter account, a facebook account, a myspace account, a bank account, a playstation, etc. That stuff doesn't matter, and the people that make it a big deal make themselves look foolish and childish.

From his Twitter:

He really should accept the responsibility solely on his shoulders, and not blame God. Also, he should probably leave God out of this entirely. Some religious people may find that Tweet offensive.

Mods I know there is another thread about this but it has a subject line that is kinda misleading

Dear Stevie,

Thank you for bein accountable! Forget all this crap about "keep your head up," "let it go," etc, etc...Like you said, "never forget it," keep it in the back of your mind and remember it! Use it to make yourself better. It's refreshing to hear someone else shoulder the blame aside from a PC QB. The great ones never forget...the great ones go out the next week and run the same route and make the catch! Good for you Stevie! You''re a good WR that came from nothing and out of no where. Every drop, every missed assignment, blown route, missed block downfield should stay fresh and be used to make yourself better! Here's to you becomming great!

From his Twitter:

Why should he leave God out of it? Players thank God when they do good things. If God gets the credit for the good stuff, they he should probably accept responsibility for the drop as well. In fact I think God is a me-first player and should be cut.

Seriously though, I've never understood why any of these players bring God into it at all. It's real life and it's gotta go one way or the other. The game itself creates moments that allow players to rise to the challenge or fall on their butt. People should accept the fact that they win and lose on their own and God has nothing to do with it. I certainly don't thank or admonish God when I win/lose at the craps tables.

Actually he was responding to the fans that were blasting him, after he praised them...Not God.

Really dramatic thread, though.

If true (it's possible) then it was either light-hearted fun with the fans right after the loss and I say "Screw you" or it is serious anger at the fans and I say "Screw you."

STFU and get to work funny boy.

It's called freedom of speech! I am so sick of reading these threads where you, or someone you know, or someone else may get offended by what someone said...seems like he's thinking aloud and posting his convo w/God.

More exactly in terms of what someone noted generally before.

Freedom of speech is a right guaranteed to us in the Constitution not giving all the ability to say or believe whatever they want without comment from anyone else.

It guarantees that GOVERNMENT SHALL MAKE NO LAW abridged free speech, establishing a religion and stuff like that.

Unless the police want to arrest or hassle Stevie in any way about his speech or hassle someone about how they talk about his speech then this not a freedom of speech issue at all.

The celebrations are fun from a kid who loves playing the game.

As for his twittering? It has absolutely zero effect on his play on the field. Guess what? He drops that ball whether or not he has a twitter account, a facebook account, a myspace account, a bank account, a playstation, etc. That stuff doesn't matter, and the people that make it a big deal make themselves look foolish and childish.

Your opinions are your opinions Ramius.

The celebrations are fun to some people but to others they look "foolish and childish".

Tweeting (as opposed to "twittering") may indeed have zero effect on his play on the field. I kind of doubt it though.

I have no problem with him tweeting, or playing video games, or rapping, or doing any of that stuff. I understand that it is part of today's culture. I have three kids ranging in age from 18 to 22, I see it. It does not make me look "foolish or childish" just because I think he should lay low and channel his energy on football.