Jason La Canfora has us at 19

The Bills have been playing better than their record, but even if you only go by record, I don't see how you can't have them as fourth worst. There's two other teams with the same record, and the Bills beat both of them head to head.

I agree that the Bills have played well at times, and have been competitive.

But bad teams lose games. Good teams win games.

No excuses.

If we went on how a team looked, or how a team played for 3/4 quarters, or any number of subjectives... I'd agree, the Bills look better than the bottom dwellers.

BUT

None of that stuff matters in the slightest. The *only* thing that matters at the end of the day is what is in the win/loss columns.

We are losers.

I'm not going to accept close losses. I want victories.

No excuses.

If we went on how a team looked, or how a team played for 3/4 quarters, or any number of subjectives... I'd agree, the Bills look better than the bottom dwellers.

BUT

None of that stuff matters in the slightest. The *only* thing that matters at the end of the day is what is in the win/loss columns.

We are losers.

I want wins too, and agree that you are what your record says you are. I'm just saying that even going by record alone, I would have us as the fourth worst team because we are tied for the second worst record with two other teams, but we have shown we are better than those two teams in head to head competition.

No excuses.

BUT

We are losers.

And you don't accept that if the players are improving, that probably means that the team will soon start winning (or that young teams tend to lose before they learn to win) and that losing close games against good teams forebodes better than getting demolished week after week by mediocre teams?

Does anyone not believe the Bills would be leading the NFC West right now? They are 2-9 but have played an absolute beast of a schedule. They are in the hardest division in the NFL, with 2 9-2 teams and another 6-5 one.

They may be the greatest 2-9 team ever, though this is a pretty sad statement I agree.

Does anyone not believe the Bills would be leading the NFC West right now? They are 2-9 but have played an absolute beast of a schedule. They are in the hardest division in the NFL, with 2 9-2 teams and another 6-5 one.

They may be the greatest 2-9 team ever, though this is a pretty sad statement I agree.

Thanks! I've been waiting and waiting for someone to answer my question from this thread:My link

stony, on 04 November 2010 - 02:18 PM, said:

Well said. Jim Rome called us the best 0-7 team of all-time.

Buffalokie

That's some funny stuff. So, if we win Sunday, will that make us the best 1-7 team of all time? Or, do we have to keep losing close ones to keep such a distintion?