Wikileaks under major attack

DrDawkinstein

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Link

"If Wikileaks founder Julian Assange is trying to turn himself into a Bond villain, he's succeeded: the ongoing distributed denial of service attack against Wikileaks has forced his minions to move the site to a fortified data center encased in a cold war-era, nuke-proof bunker encased in bedrock. Really."

:lol: :lol:

Puuh-lease. If these countries all "trusted" each other so much, then they wouldnt need all the spies and espionage.

How about the ill will being caused now because North Korea sees the frank US assessment that China looks at North Korea as the kid on the short bus. So now North Korea has the benefit (and embarassment) of our State Deparatment's (probably correct) read on China's support for NK, which helps destabilize the already unstable NK.

Thank that has some impact on things? Think those sparks need to be thrown about in the Korean-China powder keg right now?

Who said "so" much? I didn't, you just made that up. I don't see things through a black or white prism, there are many shades of grey in between. Example, let's say there is a trust scale that ranges from 1-10, 1 being the lowest level of trust 10 being the highest.

So now, Gates makes comments and observations about Russians, that were suppose to of been seen only by US officials from the Need to know list. Now the cables are leaked and in those leaked cables is information of Gates making his candid yet unflattering observation of Russia. Well, what may have been a Trust level of 3, now becomes a trust level of 2.

This is just one instance and example, and there are many other damaging cables that had been leaked. So when I say trust has been compromised, this is what I am talking about.

+1

What he said.

So in this post, you believe it is the correct and moral thing to do to:

1. Have an affair

2. Lie about it for the rest of your life

This is the exact moral code that our governments have been working off of too. And the exact reason we NEED to have this transparency.

The government has been cheating on the people for decades and lying to us about it. Now, we discovered the password to their email, and are forced to find all of the love letters ourselves.

And your going to blame the guy who gave us the password, instead of the government?!?

Well, sonny. You don't belong in your parent's bedroom.

the problem is people in power abuse this "classified" designation, and use it to hide their own dirty tricks. the other thing critics fail to realize is that it wont only be the US that gets exposed on wikileaks. all of the governments will be targets. this is the information age, let's get it all out.

no more secrets = no more wars

Unbelievable. :lol:

Texas Republican Ron Paul doesnt think the government should charge WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange with treason, arguing that the Australian who facilitated the unprecedented document dump should be considered part of the free press.

In a free society, we are supposed to know the truth, Paul wrote on Twitter Friday. In a society where truth becomes treason, we are in big trouble.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2010/12/03/texas-rep-ron-paul-don%e2%80%99t-prosecute-wikileaks-julian-assange/#ixzz17ETSDLhR

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

Ron Paul kind of scares me but I agree with him sometimes too. All you guys jumping on Joe for the less secrets = no more war are aiming at an easy target (sorry Joe). But the fact is the transparentness in the US government is like seeing through a steel wall. I also totally disagree with most of you on North Korea (for reasons stated earlier in this thread.

Ron Paul kind of scares me but I agree with him sometimes too. All you guys jumping on Joe for the less secrets = no more war are aiming at an easy target (sorry Joe). But the fact is the transparentness in the US government is like seeing through a steel wall. I also totally disagree with most of you on North Korea (for reasons stated earlier in this thread.

Actually, Ellsberg expands on that point, watch from 8:10 to 10:00 ... scary stuff

Excellent interview, btw, highly recommend watching it in entirety

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

Assange was arrested in London earlier today. Basically turned himself in to fight the "rape" charges.

He's better off in custody anyways. Probably where he is safest since he is the government's responsibility at that point.

http://edition.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/europe/12/07/uk.wikileaks.investigation/index.html?eref=rss_topstories&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+rss%2Fcnn_topstories+%28RSS%3A+Top+Stories%29

Edited by DrDankenstein

Assange was arrested in London earlier today. Basically turned himself in to fight the "rape" charges.

He's better off in custody anyways. Probably where he is safest since he is the government's responsibility at that point.

http://edition.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/europe/12/07/uk.wikileaks.investigation/index.html?eref=rss_topstories&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+rss%2Fcnn_topstories+%28RSS%3A+Top+Stories%29

Yeah, I hear blondes have more "fun" in prison. So you thought it a good idea for them to publish a list of sites critical to the US? Keep in mind a lot of that list is civilian sites.

ARGGGGGGH! This guy will never see prison time for the Wikileaks stuff so it is just a dog and pony show to appease people.

This makes me want to write a check to wikileaks and support it.

Might want to make it a money order as they seem to have a problem finding a bank...

DrDank doesn't seem to have an issue with him putting civilians in harms way, how about you?