Poz is bad

Wooderson

we need more talent around him. he had a bad game. half of you crazies wanted lindell gone recently. our LBs are the weak point of the D. we got a few journeymen back uos starting. lets replace them first.

if poz leaves he will be like spikes/fletcher being solid pieces of a D. we need to keep those kinda guys.

Poz got handled worse than I have ever seen in the first half of the Pitt game. He was getting picked up by the Center and Gaurds 7 and 8 yards down field. I am not positive but would be surprised if he had more than 1 tackle in the first half. He looked better in the 2nd but defintely played flat footed for the first 30 minutes and it showed.

Just curious, does anyone think that Poz is an upgrade over Fletcher or Spikes? I don't.

As to the issue of OL, Poz doesn't need to stand there and be a stationary target. If he had better anticipation he could blow up a play before the OL makes it to the second level.

He's a great guy and a solid person. That doesn't mean I want him as my middle LB.

Ask yourself this, how often does Poz make a play that changes a game? I can't remember the last big play he made not to mention the last time he blew up a play in the backfield.

funny that you bring up fletcher. because if you replace Poz in this thread with Fletcher, this exact thread was a weekly occurance in 2005. Everyone said Fletcher did nothing but make tackles 8 yards downfield and wasn't a dominant force in the middle.

funny that you bring up fletcher. because if you replace Poz in this thread with Fletcher, this exact thread was a weekly occurance in 2005. Everyone said Fletcher did nothing but make tackles 8 yards downfield and wasn't a dominant force in the middle.

I remember those posts. And all he's done since his departure to Washington is get lauded for being a still solid MLB as well as a great mentor to Orakpo and the younger defenders. I miss Fletch.

Doesnt mean a hill of beans when you're giving up 100 lbs. It's why DLinemen weigh 30 to 100 lbs more than LBs.

Wrong. Sheer size isn't the be-all and end-all.

And when I said technique, having a smaller guy run directly into a huge guy and let the huge guy fall straight onto him wasn't what I meant. Willis, Lewis, Beason, Urlacher, etc. don't outweigh NFL lineman either, but they know how to get off a block. Jeremiah Trotter was a real down-hill thumper from the ILB position, who could get low in the hole and wreck havoc.

I think for the most part Poz looked bad on Sunday because they are giving there d-lineman the green light to get into the backfield as quick as possible. When your D-line shoots gaps and beats o-lineman the o-lineman move there attention to the linebackers. Williams consistently beat guys into the backfield letting OGs and the center get to the second level quicker. Poz looked good when we ran the 3-4.

Poz is not very good. People want him to to be good because he is a hard working, blue collar, Polish, white, high draft pick linebacker.

He's also not the biggest liability in the linebacking corps, either, though.

But the LB's are the teams biggest liability. They can all be replaced.

we need more talent around him. he had a bad game. half of you crazies wanted lindell gone recently. our LBs are the weak point of the D. we got a few journeymen back uos starting. lets replace them first.

if poz leaves he will be like spikes/fletcher being solid pieces of a D. we need to keep those kinda guys.

Replace the one's whose contract is up first, hopefully with better players.

I don't think Poz has the talent to be compared with Fletcher or Spikes.

If Poz leaves we would probably be awarded a 4th round pick for losing a free agent.

I would rather take my chances getting an additional 4th rounder.

I remember those posts. And all he's done since his departure to Washington is get lauded for being a still solid MLB as well as a great mentor to Orakpo and the younger defenders. I miss Fletch.

Yeah, just like he was in Buffalo. Ramius is right. These posts about Poz are the same as Fletcher.

I never watch the games so obviously I am at a disadvantage here. Poz averages 10 tackles a game, has 4 pass deflections, and 1 sack. Looking at that the stats seem decent.

Listening to people critique his game Poz is about on par with everyone else in that one week no one mentions him and the next 80% of people say he is terrible with 20% who focus on the larger picture (Kelly, Raimus, Dean, etc...) speaking of which as Raimus pointed out these complaints rival that of Fletcher, which probably means that Poz is doing fine if he is even being compared to Fletcher.

As to whether Poz is a poor player I sort of see as irrelevant. The better question is, is there a feasible to get better talent at ILB than what we have with Poz and if so how many of our resources do we have to use in order to accomplish this? If we draft the best player each time then chances are we will draft a player worse than Poz. Also, as someone mentioned earlier we need to compare Poz to our other linebackers and it seems that none of them play better than him at this point in time. Poz could be the 100th best linebacker in the NFL, but if the rest of our LB's are 120 and beyond then the one we should hold on to the longest is Poz.

Is there any legitimate reason to not resign Poz?

Just curious, does anyone think that Poz is an upgrade over Fletcher or Spikes?

Of course not. Fletcher was very good for many, many years. Ram fans were pissed off when we got him, and he was even good after he left the Bills.

As for Spikes, I have been blasted for saying this but imo the pre-injury Spikes was Hall of Fame material. His game was complete; he was very, very good at every phase of his position. The step and strength that he lost due to the injury is what seperates good from great.

So no Mike, I don't liken Poz to these 2, but I think he is better than what is being posted about him in this thread. He is usually around the football and gives it his all on every play. He is strong and pretty agile imo.

PS: Fitz isn't as good as Kelly, but he looks OK, ya know? :);)

Just curious, does anyone think that Poz is an upgrade over Fletcher or Spikes? I don't.

As to the issue of OL, Poz doesn't need to stand there and be a stationary target. If he had better anticipation he could blow up a play before the OL makes it to the second level.

He's a great guy and a solid person. That doesn't mean I want him as my middle LB.

Ask yourself this, how often does Poz make a play that changes a game? I can't remember the last big play he made not to mention the last time he blew up a play in the backfield.

Couldn't agree with you more.

All fair points...

Most of us are old enough to remember some pretty decent Defensive Players in Buffalo...And even the younger ones have seen Lewis, Willis, and Urlacher...These top ILB's make plays in the backfield because they have a knack for diagnosing plays, getting off blocks, and knifing into the gaps...You may go a whole Game without seeing the same from a Bills LB...It simply does not happen much anymore...

I think IF the Bills upgraded 2 out of their other 3 LB spots Poz could be serviceable on the Inside. But from what I've seen he's never going to be a great ILB...And that may be OK...You can't have a Roster full of Pro Bowl Players...The risk the Bills are flirting with is paying guys like Poz and Whitner as if they are top tier core Players, when in actuality their play overall is closer to average or slightly below...This is not going to leave enough cash to truly upgrade where it is needed with the type of talent necessary...It puts TREMENDOUS pressure to hit on each and every Draft Pick...That's why in the case of these two I'd rather see The Bills let them go an take a shot at getting a better Player in Free Agency or in The Draft...Cause we know what we have with them now, and yes I realize they are good locker room guys...But unless The Bills get a SERIOUS Home Town discount, based on their play on the field overall, I don't see why they would want either of them back... B-)

Edited by KOKBILLS