Steve Johnson Complaint/Snarky response thread

Since 1972

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, but that school of fish is responding in repulsion to losing. That's a good thing. When fans stop caring about who wins or loses I think it's called major league soccer.

I steadfastly refuse to laugh at a soccer joke! (lol)

I wish there wasnt a chance for me to post it. But unfortunately, stupid people come out of the woodwork when there is someone they can bash to make themselves feel better.

I was thinkng the same thing.

I don't have a problem with people calling out SJ today. I think Stevie deserves whatever he gets this week. I hope he learns from this as well, but it is not a good sign to me that he had as bad of a game as he had, immediately following a week in which he drew so much attention to himself last week. It wasn't just the drop in the endzone, it was the whole game. It just smacks too much of someone who folded under the pressure.

I was thinkng the same thing.

I don't have a problem with people calling out SJ today. I think Stevie deserves whatever he gets this week. I hope he learns from this as well, but it is not a good sign to me that he had as bad of a game as he had, immediately following a week in which he drew so much attention to himself last week. It wasn't just the drop in the endzone, it was the whole game. It just smacks too much of someone who folded under the pressure.

I wouldnt say he folded, as much as he was the go-to-guy against the best defense in the league. And this time, the best defense in the league beat the young WR on a 2-8 team. It happens. Moving on to next week! Go Bills! and Go Stevie!

1st year as a starting WR, has one bad game in a year full of decent/good performances... and we are all sh :censored: on him?

Absolutely ridiculous.

I still support Stevie, I think he's played lights out this year. I have every bit of confidence that he'll get it back next week.

Go #13

I wouldnt say he folded, as much as he was the go-to-guy against the best defense in the league. And this time, the best defense in the league beat the young WR on a 2-8 team. It happens. Moving on to next week! Go Bills! and Go Stevie!

True. I also think he'll bounce back from this, but I'm also not going to make him some hot cocoa and cookies and tell him it's alright. It's not alright. He f'ed up and he needs to hear about it.

Next week is going to be very interesting.

True. I also think he'll bounce back from this, but I'm also not going to make him some hot cocoa and cookies and tell him it's alright. It's not alright. He f'ed up and he needs to hear about it.

Next week is going to be very interesting.

Agreed, He'll come back stronger. Not going to excuse or coddle him either. Just trying to deflect all the irrational heat the poor guy is taking.

He needs to hear about it... from the COACHES. To imply that the fans have some important say in all of this is ridiculous (I dont think thats what you are saying, but its obvious some people feel their anger needs to be addressed by Stevie himself)

You all suck. This team played their hearts out today. Offensively and defensively. Everyone who is making snide remarks about Steve Johnson, Lee Evans, or anyone on this team should be ashamed of themselves.

How would you know they all SUCK unless you've been there.

The Bills "Johnson" stunk up the field today.

Grow up!!!

I think he was talking about the 7 dropped passes. Of which maybe 3 of them were actually contested by the defense. That isn't getting beaten by the defense, that's just dropping passes.

He makes a good point. Stevie was the focus of a lot of attention this week. He even got a bunch of time on that show with TO and Ocho that all the players watch. He either is not that good or he got the yips and choked. I say the latter.

What is really important is shaking this issue with the drops. His drop in that NE game was a killer and changed the momentum of that contest. Now this. He is talented, but drops will be an issue until he stops butter fingering the football.

I think we need to refer to this as "The Drop!"?

Sound good?

:thumbsup:

NFL.com has it up as one their highlights: I looks like he actually DOES catch the ball briefly then drop it.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d81c7a11b/Johnson-drops-potential-winning-TD?module=HP_video

"The Drop" will always be Ronnie Harmon.

Agreed, He'll come back stronger. Not going to excuse or coddle him either. Just trying to deflect all the irrational heat the poor guy is taking.

He needs to hear about it... from the COACHES. To imply that the fans have some important say in all of this is ridiculous (I dont think thats what you are saying, but its obvious some people feel their anger needs to be addressed by Stevie himself)

Am I the only one who hates twitter?.. a lot. The only thing I want from SJ is for him to catch that pass next time.

I give Stevie a pass... he is still pretty young and has a bit of maturing to do, but he has all the tools and I believe that he will eventually learn to bring them to the big games with more consistency. It takes time for young players to adjust to success when and if it ever comes their way. This is also a very critical time for him to either let it all go to his head, or keep it real and continue to work on his profession. If he doesn't the Bills have some really promising talent waiting in the wings with Marcus Easley, Donald Jones, David Nelson, and Naaman Roosevelt.

Nothing is a given in the NFL, a player has to prepare and be focused. Mr. Johnson will just need to learn from this and be mentally prepared to do better next time out. Perhaps Stevie was thinking about his YAC before actually catching the ball, good athletes think about what they are doing wrong and find a way to get back to what works for them. I believe Stevie will find a way - Lee needs to step up his game too.

If the Bills are ever going to get to the next level our receivers have GOT to catch the ball whenever Fitz gets it there. Teams like the Steelers work hard at stopping the run and they tend to single up on receivers. We finally appear to have a QB who can get the ball out to more than his dump-off option and now the Bills have to prove they can hurt teams through the air. They do that and they will be able get both Jackson and Spiller on track.

They are close.

Just curious, those of you insisting that Stevie will "learn from this," were you saying the same thing about McKelvin after the New England game last year? 'Cause he hasn't learned squat.

That's ok Coach Tuesday, if you want to continue with your miserable outlook on Bills football life, that is your own prerogative, you are certainly entitled to it. :beer:

Edited by Magox

I'm sorry to ruin your enjoyment of this 2-9 season.

Actually, I feel more optimistic about this 2-9 team than I did about the last one. Stevie J has been an important part of this team's offensive turnaround, and I just hope that jackasses such as yourself don't end up driving him away from this city.

Actually, I feel more optimistic about this 2-9 team than I did about the last one. Stevie J has been an important part of this team's offensive turnaround, and I just hope that jackasses such as yourself don't end up driving him away from this city.

By saying he needs to grow up? He does. Get over yourself.

What 7 drops show me is that Fitz is a GREAT QB who is making this offense productive despite its lack of talent.

Anyone clamoring for a new QB should be shot.

He did have two sure-fire picks dropped, as well. I'm not saying we definitely need a new QB, I'm just sayin'.