More Steeler Fans than Bills Fans

coldstorage5

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks like there are more Steelers Fans than Bills Fans at this game.

confusing as hell listening on the radio. when murph does the play-by-play, the short delay in announcing what has happened has always driven me crazy ("Rothlisberger under pressure....steps left...they're after him again...scrambles for 16 yards and a first down!...") but depending on where the game is, you get the crowd noise as a barometer of the play. today, several times in the first half, I was thinking the Bills made a stop or good play only to find the crowd noise was pro-pitt. Seeemed like it swung back in the second half when the Bills moved the ball, but it's an odd thing nonetheless.

It looks like there are more Steelers Fans than Bills Fans at this game.

I'm glad they showed up so this game could sell out. I'm sure my tickets ended up with Pittsburgh fans. The Bills have taken a fair amount of the fun of tailgating out of lot 1.....so combine that with the fact that the team that is going to not only miss the playoffs for the 11th straight year, but punctuate it with a 11-13 loss season......yeah, I think a few of us will be staying home at the expense of providing more meaningless homefield advantage.

I was at the game. It might be the most opponent fans I've ever seen at the Ralph, but it was maybe, AT MOST, 1/3 Steeler fans. Your right though, it looked like much more, probobly because of those stupid towels. I should have grabbed a few as I needed some toilet paper at my house :-)

Did you sit behind someone with a towel. I did, and I couldn't see the play because of his arm and the towel. He stopped after I asked him, too..........It would totally piss me off if people did that during the play every game.

Yeah, no.

Well maybe not...But it sure as heck sounded and looked like it at times today...The first time Pitt hit a big play I did a double take at the crowd noise...Kind of made me wanna puke a bit...But I don't blame Bills Fans for staying away either... B-)

Not surprised...Pittsburgh has always had a strong showing @ the Ralph...it's not that they travel well...they do...the fact is the Steelers nation extends to Du Bois, parts of Erie & Bradford, PA!

Meaning: it takes them less than one-two-three hours to drive

This has nothing to do with the fact that they travel well, live in Erie, blah, blah, blah.

I'm with Badol. I sold my tickets, probably to Steelers fans on Ticket Exchange for $135 a piece (about $55 over face value each). After 11 years of losing, I'm sick and tired of driving home 10 hours after either getting our asses handed to us, or losing like we did today.

If the Bills would have a better product, there would be about 5,000 Steelers fans at most. Combine the Bills sucking again with the best traveling fans in the league, and you get what happened today.

In a 2-9 season, thank god I got something out of my season ticket investment this season, even if they probably sold to Steeler fans. Of course, if I didn't live in VA, I would have been there. However, I'm so glad I don't have to drive home tonight after another one of these losses.

I still pony up for tickets, but it's been getting harder and harder to get motivated to make it to every game anymore. Wierd thing is.....I think I like this Bills team more than any of teams in the last ten years.

This has nothing to do with the fact that they travel well, live in Erie, blah, blah, blah.

I'm with Badol. I sold my tickets, probably to Steelers fans on Ticket Exchange for $135 a piece (about $55 over face value each). After 11 years of losing, I'm sick and tired of driving home 10 hours after either getting our asses handed to us, or losing like we did today.

If the Bills would have a better product, there would be about 5,000 Steelers fans at most. Combine the Bills sucking again with the best traveling fans in the league, and you get what happened today.

In a 2-9 season, thank god I got something out of my season ticket investment this season, even if they probably sold to Steeler fans. Of course, if I didn't live in VA, I would have been there. However, I'm so glad I don't have to drive home tonight after another one of these losses.

I still pony up for tickets, but it's been getting harder and harder to get motivated to make it to every game anymore. Wierd thing is.....I think I like this Bills team more than any of teams in the last ten years.

I do, too, and I think I sure got my money's worth today. I don't think you would have been that upset going down to VA tonight. We did not sit down for one play the whole game. That hasn't happened in years!

I do, too, and I think I sure got my money's worth today. I don't think you would have been that upset going down to VA tonight. We did not sit down for one play the whole game. That hasn't happened in years!

No, I still would have been. A.) I'm originally from Pittsburgh. Born and raised, and I can't stand the lucky bastards. B.) I knew there were gonna be a lot of Steeler fans there today, and I didn't want to see that. C.) I really have truly had enough with the beatdowns and close losses. It's weird, I'm not bitter at this current team, but the front office and owner have taken it out of me enough over the last decade to not want to be humiliated anymore and have to drive home 10 hours, THROUGH PITTSBURGH, and think about the same dumb mistakes that we've seen for years.

I was actually happy I didn't go today. I am sad though, that my Bills season, attending games in person this year, pretty much ended after the second home game of the season this year. I have a newborn baby, and the ticket money recouped has been spent on her, rather than to subject myself to more excruciating losses.

Make no mistake though, I AM enjoying this team a lot. It's almost impossible to not root for these guys. Not the front office, but this group of players and Gailey and his staff have really battled this year. They have gotten the most out of their talent. Let's just see if the front office helps them out this offseason. I still have my doubts.

There were definitely a lot of Steelers fans in my section (333) and I could see the towels all over the place. I will say this about Steelers fans though, they were not cocky in your face types of fans. They came to see their team, they cheered (but weren't obnoxious), they were good natured and can take a joke and some ribbing. Not like the typical Jets, Dolphins or Pats* fans.