Bills starting to get respect

I was listening to ESPN radio yesterday afternoon and Scott Van Pelt was interviewing Pittsburg Steelers' Antwaan Randle El, and he spoke with a great measure of respect for the Bills, mentioning not only our 2 wins in a row, but the three games prior to that where the Bills have been playing great football. He mentioned our vast and rapid improvement, and you could tell the guy was not being sarcastic in the least and was 100% sincere, and he made it seem like his opinion was a reflection of the Steelers estimation of the Bills in general. While on one hand this means we are not likely to catch the Steelers with their pants down this week and it is going to be a very tough game to win, on the other hand it was really nice to know that a great team views the Bills as a threat. Hopefully this is a trend that will continue.

On a related note, I don't care how bad the opposing team is, but any time you can hang 49 points on an NFL team, people start to stiffen up and take notice. It seems we are on a rapid rise to respectability.

Edited by SouthGeorgiaBillsFan

it's been a long time since the Bills could keep pace with the upper echelon of the NFL, and it will be a little longer still. I love how they are playing right now, but I am not seeing this game being very close. I hope they do win, but i feel this game might go more along the lines of the Jets loss than anything else. Their day is coming, and I think we can all sense it a little around here, but just not yet.

I was listening to ESPN radio yesterday afternoon and Scott Van Pelt was interviewing Pittsburg Steelers' Antwaan Randle El, and he spoke with a great measure of respect for the Bills, mentioning not only our 2 wins in a row, but the three games prior to that where the Bills have been playing great football. He mentioned our vast and rapid improvement, and you could tell the guy was not being sarcastic in the least and was 100% sincere, and he made it seem like his opinion was a reflection of the Steelers estimation of the Bills in general. While on one hand this means we are not likely to catch the Steelers with their pants down this week and it is going to be a very tough game to win, on the other hand it was really nice to know that a great team views the Bills as a threat. Hopefully this is a trend that will continue.

On a related note, I don't care how bad the opposing team is, but any time you can hang 49 points on an NFL team, people start to stiffen up and take notice. It seems we are on a rapid rise to respectability.

Every team except the Jets say that on a weekly basis. But I agree, it does sound like he might actually be sincere.

You guys kill me.. We almost beat Baltimore on the road and should have.. they are 7-3 just like the Steelers. You guys can all expect to lose.. I am planning on a win at home thanks.

I'm taking it like most said, the Ravens just overlooked us and we smacked them in the mouth. They didn't think we give them any issues, while the Steelers are saying that feel the Bills are no push overs that's all. I agree, and expect to see a close game of smack in the mouth football. I see a very close game if we can stop the run, and we can run. If we can do that then close game with another win.

I'm taking it like most said, the Ravens just overlooked us and we smacked them in the mouth. They didn't think we give them any issues, while the Steelers are saying that feel the Bills are no push overs that's all. I agree, and expect to see a close game of smack in the mouth football. I see a very close game if we can stop the run, and we can run. If we can do that then close game with another win.

Do you really believe that ? We hung 34 on the Ravens, taking them to OT. Then we lost close games to teams with good winning records. Then we won two in a row scoring 49 points in our last game. Don't you see a pattern of a hard playing team that can give even the good teams a run for the money ?

I think the Ravens game was actually the beginning of our turnaround and we are just seeing a tough bunch playing together as a team and performing far above their individual talent levels. So, the Ravens game was close NOT because they overlooked us.

Do you really believe that ? We hung 34 on the Ravens, taking them to OT. Then we lost close games to teams with good winning records. Then we won two in a row scoring 49 points in our last game. Don't you see a pattern of a hard playing team that can give even the good teams a run for the money ?

I think the Ravens game was actually the beginning of our turnaround and we are just seeing a tough bunch playing together as a team and performing far above their individual talent levels. So, the Ravens game was close NOT because they overlooked us.

+++

Anything is possible. If every Bill brings his "A" game, we don't make dumb mistakes and don't turn the ball over, we have as good a shot at winning as any of the 3 other teams that have beaten the Steelers this season. Go Bills!

You guys kill me.. We almost beat Baltimore on the road and should have.. they are 7-3 just like the Steelers. You guys can all expect to lose.. I am planning on a win at home thanks.

Amen brother. I was starting to think I was the only one. But after reading all the responses, it seems we are not alone.

I want this game bad.

Its really about how this team plays against the Steelers not if they win. The Steelers are a motivated team with more talent then the Bills. The Bills who while playing very competitive football before winning back to back games against bad teams are still a flawed team. Odds are we are going to loose. BUT if we look competitive and put a scare into the Steelers I think you have to come away feeling good.

We beat two bad teams and we pushed a lot of good teams to the limit but if we just come out and get waxed 31-10 it has to throw into question how much progress this team has made. Did we take the Ravens, Bears, and KC (And to a lesser extent the Pats*) to the limit because they took us likely and did our two wins just come because we were playing bad teams?

But if we go to the Steelers after winning two in a row and taking 3 other good teams to the limit (thus the Steelers aren't going to take us lightly) and put up a good effort making the game in doubt into the 4th quarter then you come away feeling good. And if we win then there is a big swing of optimism.

Yes. Are the Steelers unbeatable or something? This is a home game, I certainly don't think "Yeah, I just hope they can keep it within 7 points"!

That's why they play the games. I won't think think that the Bills have suddenly become an elite team if they beat the Steelers either. On the long road to respectablity an improving team will start to win some of these kind of games (especially at home).