Terrell Owens Calls Darrelle Revis 'Average' Cornerback

CodeMonkey

link

Someone should tell "Batman" that his team is 2-8 and his drops last Sunday were a big help in the monumental collapse that handed the game to the Bills.

He should take something for that bad case of diarrhea of the mouth that he has.

What a strange guy. On one play the man, at his age, blocked out both Whitner and McKelvin. Then as you said, he dropped key passes, and spent his time on the sidelines babbling at the camera while his team was going down the tubes.

I sure am glad he is out of Buffalo.

link

Someone should tell "Batman" that his team is 2-8 and his drops last Sunday were a big help in the monumental collapse that handed the game to the Bills.

He should take something for that bad case of diarrhea of the mouth that he has.

He already has 11 drops on the season??

I can't look up the dropped passes in a season record right now but I'm sure TO is threatening.

Because of our futile passing offense lost year TO dropped 2.5% of all of Buffalo's pass attempts. That's crazy.

Why do some hate on every former Bill; even those who have been here for ONE year! Say what you want about T.O: he produces; he is not the reason Cinci is 2-8; blame the play of Palmer and the D fall off for that. And I only recall maybe one ball that he dropped on Sunday; a high tough catch at that. But he did burn Mcklevin, caught a key 4th down catch similar to one that he dropped, would have had another TD that was called back and got behind Florence and the safety but the ball was underthrown. I hope that any of WR can remain as productive as T.O has for the longhaul.

Now back to Revis island, I hope both he and Ocho turn him out! I hate NJ number one and number two Revis got his head built up too quick after one phenomenal season. With that being said he had no reason at all to question players like T.O and Moss besides trying to bring more recognition to himself. If it wasn't for the constant blitzing NJ uses he'd be beat a lot more but he is still a good player.

Edited by bluv

I think he is going a little too far, but I agree with him to a degree. I never understood the ball washing he got from ESPN. Revis “miraculously” became the best cornerback ever at the same time Rex Ryan took over and took their entire D to #1 – maybe it has something to do with their blitzes? Everytime I see a Jets game, he is getting beat just as often as most another above average corners. Randy Moss tooled on him so much he got injured. In fact, I thought Cromartie did a better job this year on Evans than Revis did last year. I think TO should shut up but he is just calling it as he sees it.

dunno why everyone's hating on Owens. He's right. Revis had a very good year, held out, and has played very average since then.

I like TO's honesty. You have to like his pre game and post game comments last week, and yes Revis is not playing all world anymore.

People are just stating the fact that TO drops a lot of passes.

Funny...I watched the "TOcho" show this morning...I just had to, to see if they had anything to say about the Bills game...sure enough, there was one good line about the game:

TO: "I said it all after the game, we are terrible. It is something new every week. We came out like Batman & Robin in the first half"

Ochocinco: "Yeah, but we were more like Siskel & Ebert in the second half!" :lol:

Also, commenting on Steve Johnsons "Why So Serious?"

Ochocinco: "I love it...the way it should be!"

TO: "I love it too...I love the confidence, knowing that you are going to score a td. Stevie is a former teammate of mine, we sat next to eachother in film sessions the whole season. I could never figure out why he wasn't playing more. He is talented, and is on his way..."

I like TO's honesty. You have to like his pre game and post game comments last week, and yes Revis is not playing all world anymore.

People are just stating the fact that TO drops a lot of passes.

Actually, Revis seems to be getting back to form the last 2 or 3 weeks...I think the holdout, and inevitable injuries that followed, slowed him down at the start of the season. Not ready to say he is the greatest ever, or even the greatest right now...but he is looking pretty good.

Funny...I watched the "TOcho" show this morning...I just had to, to see if they had anything to say about the Bills game...sure enough, there was one good line about the game:

TO: "I said it all after the game, we are terrible. It is something new every week. We came out like Batman & Robin in the first half"

Ochocinco: "Yeah, but we were more like Siskel & Ebert in the second half!" :lol:

TO: "I love it too...I love the confidence, knowing that you are going to score a td. Stevie is a former teammate of mine, we sat next to eachother in film sessions the whole season. I could never figure out why he wasn't playing more. He is talented, and is on his way..."

It was interesting to hear in one of Johnson's interview where he said he knew that TO was brought-in to mentor Hardy, but that he listened to everything TO told Hardy. As for why he didn't play more last year, had he done that, I don't know if he'd had near the success and the Bills given up on him. Which makes me wonder if Josh Reed would have looked better in this offense as well.

It was interesting to hear in one of Johnson's interview where he said he knew that TO was brought-in to mentor Hardy, but that he listened to everything TO told Hardy. As for why he didn't play more last year, had he done that, I don't know if he'd had near the success and the Bills given up on him. Which makes me wonder if Josh Reed would have looked better in this offense as well.

Funny you mention that. I was thinking the same thing during the Bengals game, after the Donald Jones td. I think Josh Reed would do real well in this offense. I am actually pretty shocked that he hasn't caught on somewhere, particularly with all of the injuries across the league, at the WR positon. He really isn't very fast, but had pretty good hands, and was decent after the catch. It seemed with Trent, recievers rarely caught the ball in stride, so there wasn't a lot of room for YAC...Reed had value in this area, IMO. However, I am also just as content with the new faces.

Take away that dominating pass rush and let's see how loud "Revis Island" spouts off.

I don't have anything for or against Randy Moss (I am a T.O. fan) but for a 20 something corner with one big year to start calling out two of the best receivers in the history of the sport (who are in the twilight of their careers, no less) makes him a punk ass B word in my book.

At some point in his career he's going to have to play without the luxury of being surrounded by a top rate defense and guys will be licking their chops to show him up.

dunno why everyone's hating on Owens. He's right. Revis had a very good year, held out, and has played very average since then.

Shhhh....no disagreeing with the conventional wisdom allowed.

As for TO, people will continue to bash the guy, but at 37 he's 3d in the league in catches and yards this season. Only Bills fans would be so dismissive of a first ballot HOF talent.

I hope T.O and Ocho both have double digit catches against the Jest, and I hope they knock pretty boy Sanchez on his ass too. The NJ Jest are solid, but they're not as good as they think they are. Saying all that, they should handle Cincy pretty easily, but DAMN it would be nice to see them humbled on a national stage!

And yes, I spelled Jets as "Jest" on purpose ;)

Good point on Josh, would've been interesting to see...........I always thought the guy was decent.

link

T.O. is one of the most classless players in the NFL, as he displayed last week when the Bengals were ahead. The league will be better off when he rides into the sunset on his ego powered horse. Revis, this year though, has really been nothing more than average-so much for skipping training camp.

Actually, Revis seems to be getting back to form the last 2 or 3 weeks...I think the holdout, and inevitable injuries that followed, slowed him down at the start of the season. Not ready to say he is the greatest ever, or even the greatest right now...but he is looking pretty good.

TO couldn't figure out why Johnson couldn't get on the field more often (ahead of him and Evans)? Right.

Anyway, Reevis ruined his season by showing up out of shape and suffering a classic injury of inadequate conditioning--the "hamstring". Lat year, there was no question he was the best--he silenced TO, OC, Johnson, Moss last season. They must have very short memories.