Fitz is MY QB

southernbill

I woke up a little late for the game today, somewhere around 1:55pm. I flipped on the scores and saw it was like 28-7 or whatever. My first thought was, "I HATE THAT FUKKIN CRAP DEFENSE!!!!!!!!!"...then I saw the pick-6s put up my Fitzy and I got really sad. I really like the kid and I knew what sort of posts were waiting for me to read on TBD once I logged on. I turned on Red Zone and started enjoying the action, and sure enough, here comes our boy lighting it up! Stevie the J catching pass after pass, putting up points, defense making plays, and FITZY just puttin up mad stats. I've been in a great mood ever since :)

I still think better line play would help the accuracy thing.

No doubt which is why we should draft linemen this year not a QB. Why tank the season to take a QB that may or may not develop. We have a guy throwing for an insane amount of yards and TD's right now. Get him some help on the defense and offensive line and let's win NOW. Fitz is helping us score more than enough to win week in and week out.

1,961yds; 18td; 9int.... in 8 games. STUD. :beer:

If this team were winning, those would be pro bowl worthy if he maintained that production over a full 16 (or in his case, 14) games. :thumbsup:

If this team were winning, those would be pro bowl worthy if he maintained that production over a full 16 (or in his case, 14) games. :thumbsup:

FOR SURE. Going back to his last game against Indy last year, Fitz is 2,116yds, 21td's, 9int..in 9 games. Pro Bowl numbers indeed. :beer::beer::beer:

Edited by bobobonators

GO BILLS! That is all.

Fitz has a two game winning streak going and he basically won the game against the Bengals with his arm. Good for him - hey maybe the guy can start every day in the NFL.

But if Fitz really expects to win the Bills starting job before the draft next April and allow Buddy the luxury of not drafting the best available QB with his number one, then I would demand him to put up over 3,000 yards passing with twice as many TD's then Int's, no matter what record the Bills finally end up with this season. Well, I suppose I should cut him some slack because he did not start until the great Trent Edwards experiement went down in flames. OK then, his final yards would need to be on pace to end up at or over 3,000 over 16 games, and he still would need to have twice the TD passes then Ints.

I'm really tired of so many posters defending Fitzy every game and starting these "we don't need to draft a franchise QB" after he has a good game. Wait for his entire body of work, and enjoy the wins or get pissed about the wins, whatever your feelings are about getting the number one pick for Andrew Luck. I'm not convinced yet that he will turn his arm into Dan Fout's arm, despite the fact he is determined to turn his face into Dan Fouts' face with that stupid looking beard.

Everybody likes Fitzy. Everybody wants to see him do well, accept for the number one pick fans, of course. But there's still 6 more games left and 3 are against perhaps the 3 best teams in the NFL right now. Cleveland has improved more then the Bills this season, and the Vikings are never easy to beat in the dome even though they are suffering through a lousy season themselves. That leaves only Miami as a game I might pick as a good chance for Fitz to win. So if he "leads" the Bills to a 1-5-0 finish, he had better have those stats to back up his case to "win" the draft choice of Nix not choosing a QB number one.

Fitz has a two game winning streak going and he basically won the game against the Bengals with his arm. Good for him - hey maybe the guy can start every day in the NFL.

But if Fitz really expects to win the Bills starting job before the draft next April and allow Buddy the luxury of not drafting the best available QB with his number one, then I would demand him to put up over 3,000 yards passing with twice as many TD's then Int's, no matter what record the Bills finally end up with this season. Well, I suppose I should cut him some slack because he did not start until the great Trent Edwards experiement went down in flames. OK then, his final yards would need to be on pace to end up at or over 3,000 over 16 games, and he still would need to have twice the TD passes then Ints.

I'm really tired of so many posters defending Fitzy every game and starting these "we don't need to draft a franchise QB" after he has a good game. Wait for his entire body of work, and enjoy the wins or get pissed about the wins, whatever your feelings are about getting the number one pick for Andrew Luck. I'm not convinced yet that he will turn his arm into Dan Fout's arm, despite the fact he is determined to turn his face into Dan Fouts' face with that stupid looking beard.

Everybody likes Fitzy. Everybody wants to see him do well, accept for the number one pick fans, of course. But there's still 6 more games left and 3 are against perhaps the 3 best teams in the NFL right now. Cleveland has improved more then the Bills this season, and the Vikings are never easy to beat in the dome even though they are suffering through a lousy season themselves. That leaves only Miami as a game I might pick as a good chance for Fitz to win. So if he "leads" the Bills to a 1-5-0 finish, he had better have those stats to back up his case to "win" the draft choice of Nix not choosing a QB number one.

Bottom line... with his play the Bills can draft a QB in the 2nd round and go for the BEST pass rushing lineman available in the first. And he has twice as many TD's vs Ints. He has proven he can play. Also, let's not forget the offensive line. They have played very well. Only letting Fitz get sacked 14 times in 8 games. Not bad.

the only thing he is lacking is accuracy, can his accuracy get better with all the offseason snaps with the first team?

Hey, if Mick Vick, at 30 years old, can become an accurate passer, there's hope for Fitz.

I agree here. I HOPE we finish 8-8 and grab Locker/Mallett. Keep the fire lit under Fitzy, and hopefully we get a good QB we wont need to throw to the wolves. Best case scenario is Fitzy keeps doing well, and we have a real good insurance policy for him. Worst case scenario Fitz pulls a Derek Anderson, and we have another good option.

Lets shore up the QB position for years to come. Give us fans peace of mind regarding the most important position in sports.

Heres to Fitz being the franchise QB for the Bills :beer: