Fitz is MY QB

southernbill

I just hope that this is not a one-year thing, which happens with some B-level QBs. I still think we are not a championship team next year, so keep Fitz under center and draft the best DL for the 3-4 (DE or NT) that you can find OR a monster LB. If a stud QB is available in the 2nd, don't pass this year. We also need help in Free Agency. Building through the draft will take a very long time with this team's track record.

He aint no Peyton....but hes proving more and more every week that you can win with him.

There is definitely a place in the NFL for the gunslinging chuck and duck type of passers.

No, he ain't no Peyton. Reminds me more of Drew Brees. And what the hey is a chuck and duck type passer? I've never heard of that style. Is there a stat for grading on that?

Fitz has played very well. He deserves the shot to be the QB for the Bills for the long haul. Right now, it looks like he has done us a huge favor by showing that we can draft other needs.

It should be noted that the fact that he is smart is a huge plus for any QB - especially for the kind of offense that Chan runs.

If we can solidify our lines and linebackers in the off season, we can be in pretty good shape going into next year.

If we are in the position to grab luck, we should draft him, no questions asked. I think the chances of that happening are slim though. Id rather have fitzy than mallet or locker. There are plenty of DL and LB I'd love to have in this draft. We're in a good position to improve our teams weaknesses as long as we stay away from locker/mallet iml

Fitz has a two game winning streak going and he basically won the game against the Bengals with his arm. Good for him - hey maybe the guy can start every day in the NFL.

But if Fitz really expects to win the Bills starting job before the draft next April and allow Buddy the luxury of not drafting the best available QB with his number one, then I would demand him to put up over 3,000 yards passing with twice as many TD's then Int's, no matter what record the Bills finally end up with this season. Well, I suppose I should cut him some slack because he did not start until the great Trent Edwards experiement went down in flames. OK then, his final yards would need to be on pace to end up at or over 3,000 over 16 games, and he still would need to have twice the TD passes then Ints.

I'm really tired of so many posters defending Fitzy every game and starting these "we don't need to draft a franchise QB" after he has a good game. Wait for his entire body of work, and enjoy the wins or get pissed about the wins, whatever your feelings are about getting the number one pick for Andrew Luck. I'm not convinced yet that he will turn his arm into Dan Fout's arm, despite the fact he is determined to turn his face into Dan Fouts' face with that stupid looking beard.

Everybody likes Fitzy. Everybody wants to see him do well, accept for the number one pick fans, of course. But there's still 6 more games left and 3 are against perhaps the 3 best teams in the NFL right now. Cleveland has improved more then the Bills this season, and the Vikings are never easy to beat in the dome even though they are suffering through a lousy season themselves. That leaves only Miami as a game I might pick as a good chance for Fitz to win. So if he "leads" the Bills to a 1-5-0 finish, he had better have those stats to back up his case to "win" the draft choice of Nix not choosing a QB number one.

After this weekend, Cleveland may be more beatable for Buffalo. Their defense is really missing Fujita at ILB, Steinbach's (LG) gimpy ankle is really affecting his play and Womack being out is hurting the other side of their OL. Now Colt McCoy's got an ankle sprain and their young receiving corps just isn't developing yet. Cribbs being out really hurts them too. Some or many of these guys will be back for the Buffalo game, nobody's saying much about Fujita and I suspect his injury will keep him down most of the remaining season.

As for Fitz, the coaches and team believe in him. We'll see how it plays out at year's end.

Goes to show how much a decent QB makes everyone else on offense look better. Flutie kinda did the same thing when he took the reigns here in Buffalo. But i sure hope we draft Luck regardless.

As much as I love Fitz, I'm not sure he's the long term answer. This way we have the luxury of sitting a rookie 1-2 yrs.