Kelsay Played Well

NaPolian8693

Kelsay was tearing it up. Admit it.

We see you #90! :)

I don't know about tearing, but I will say that is almost 3 straight games he looks likes a NFL quality player.

Plus Kyle is seriously becoming a force to reckon with, I can't wait for that beleaguered Steelers O-Line.

Mendenhall might be too much too handle though.

Either way I think it'll be interesting.

Edited by Levitre + Wang = Wood

Kelsay was tearing it up. Admit it.

We see you #90! :)

God you are horrible. I knew this was coming from you too because yes, kelsay played servicable today - pretty much how a DE making his kind of money should play every week. But he doesn't, admit it - kelsay disappears for SEASONS at a time, then shows up with a decent game against a two win team. Congrats.

And what is that, an Avatar reference? So Lame you should be banned for life.

God you are horrible. I knew this was coming from you too because yes, kelsay played servicable today - pretty much how a DE making his kind of money should play every week. But he doesn't, admit it - kelsay disappears for SEASONS at a time, then shows up with a decent game against a two win team. Congrats.

And what is that, an Avatar reference? So Lame you should be banned for life.

Relax man, don't be such a hater. He's a Bill and he wants to be here and they want him here so just find room in your heart to root for the guy.

What do you mean by avatar reference?

Relax man, don't be such a hater. He's a Bill and he wants to be here and they want him here so just find room in your heart to root for the guy.

What do you mean by avatar reference?

I think you should relax my friend and not be such a homer for this guy. Of course kelsay wants to be here - buffalo is the only team dumb enough to pay him 6 mil to play. Clearly your still starstruck because kelsay signed your hat or bought you a beer or something, but get over it and at least try to be a bit objective.

Why don't you start a thread about a player that, you know, has consistently produced for the team in the recent past? Steve johnson, kyle williams, poz? Maybe?

Oh you havent had a 5 minute conversation with any of them, so clearly rubbing Kelsay's first decent game in 3 years in our collective face is a better choice. Tell Chris i said hi

Ck was a beast against the Bengals

I concur. And i hope he plays that way the rest of the season. But my long and short term memory suggest otherwise. In my opinion extending this guy holds the team back and makes improvement on the defense a lot harder.

I refuse to respond politely with a blatantly biased poster who refuses to admit that CK disappears for games at a time but will readily throw a passable performance out there as clear evidence of his worth to the team.

Kelsey was the 2nd best DE we had last year (and the few before that). His play up to this point (this year) has been to say the least BAD but he isn't a OLB so I can't say it is that big of a surprise. I like he has improved the last couple of weeks but almost nothing can justify that contract. :wallbash: That being said Kick Ass Chris, nice to see you being in on some plays!

I wasnt able to see the game so I'm not sure if they played mostly the 3-4 or 4-3. Was most of his plays coming from the DE or from the OLB position?

When he is in they are 4/3 now and he is playing DE (as far as I could tell) we have a lot of 4/3 sets against the expected run plays, but they have been mixing the 2 much better. Yesterday the Bengals went for the wholesale switches by trying to get into a quick no huddle but it only worked once that I saw.

When he is in they are 4/3 now and he is playing DE (as far as I could tell) we have a lot of 4/3 sets against the expected run plays, but they have been mixing the 2 much better. Yesterday the Bengals went for the wholesale switches by trying to get into a quick no huddle but it only worked once that I saw.

Thanks! :thumbsup:

I concur. And i hope he plays that way the rest of the season. But my long and short term memory suggest otherwise. In my opinion extending this guy holds the team back and makes improvement on the defense a lot harder.

I refuse to respond politely with a blatantly biased poster who refuses to admit that CK disappears for games at a time but will readily throw a passable performance out there as clear evidence of his worth to the team.

For the record, 'CK' has played 2 good games in a row with his hand in the grass. He's a DE. Not an all-pro, but a good DE. He is.

Why bash they guy? We know he's terrible as an OLB, but he's showing proficiency at DE. Maybe it's time to throw some trust to the organization. I know historically they haven't accrued much, but I'm liking what they've done this year to date. Record aside, things are moving forward and looking up.

Chris Kelsay is a high motor guy with some skill. You WANT him on your team. FACT.

Zulu -

I'm glad you such a fan of mine that you knew this thread was coming. It's all really quite flattering.

You are making yourself look a bit silly by carrying the cut-Kelsay torch this week, but thats' okay - I can understand the trolling mindset.

I'd advise you to start your own thread on the topic, but we all know that no one would care. :)

Edited by NaPolian8693

I'm not sure I am being silly by being consistent in my opinion of kelsay - actually i think it's a lot more ridiculous to act like dozens of other posters here, who jump on and off individual players' bandwagons week after week based on single game performance. You're a regular poster you surely see them too - they're rampant.

That doesn't mean i don't acknowledge a good performance - chris did play better yesterday both in containment and qb pressure. Ive already said that. It isn't going to change my opinion that he's underperformed consistently and is overpaid - there are other players on the roster far more deserving of a raise than him.

No matter how high his motor is.

I think you should relax my friend and not be such a homer for this guy. Of course kelsay wants to be here - buffalo is the only team dumb enough to pay him 6 mil to play. Clearly your still starstruck because kelsay signed your hat or bought you a beer or something, but get over it and at least try to be a bit objective.

Why don't you start a thread about a player that, you know, has consistently produced for the team in the recent past? Steve johnson, kyle williams, poz? Maybe?

Oh you havent had a 5 minute conversation with any of them, so clearly rubbing Kelsay's first decent game in 3 years in our collective face is a better choice. Tell Chris i said hi

Why so serious? Lol

IMO, he's always played relatively well as a DE.

He's absolutely atrocious at LB, though.

I know your not serious???!!!

Kelsay sucks. He made the odd play yesterday but only when he was in a three point stance on the line. And it was against a horrible line.

He's an average 4-3 DE and an abysmal 3-4 LB. Period.

+1

I am no fan of Kelsay, because actions speak louder than words, and aside from the last 2 games, he has been terrible at LB.

But, if he continues to play the way he has been, Id be good with that. Maybe the coaches knew it would take time for him to really make the switch. For now, Ill give them the benefit of the doubt and say they did, because I feel theyve earned it.

I really hope he continues playing well, but Im not going to put money on it that he does. If he does, that would be one less hole to fill. But Im not holding my breath...