Roll Call - Who would have preferred to lose?

The Senator

\\

It is the result of watching a decade of mostly bad football. Some Bills fans are married to the idea that you can only win in the off-season...hats off to Chan Gailey...I was not a huge fan of his hire, but he has put his stamp on this team, offensively, anyhow, and transformed them from being truly awful, to truly entertaining...and it was done with mostly the same cast of players we have been watching the last 3-4 years...great win...anyone who wants their team to lose, no matter the circumstances, has really lost sight of the game...

Thank you. well said.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would do you some good to not be so hopeless about having an opportunity at drafting the QB of our choice.

Where in the world did I express hopelessness for having the opportunity to draft the QB of our choice? I believe rooting for loses as payment for that opportunity suggests hopelessness.

Luck may not even come out this year. Losing to perhaps be in a position to take a guy that might come out, is a piss-poor strategy and reflects the mindset of someone who has given up. Has no hope. Lacks vision.

I think you're missing the point. If we lose out this year and Luck doesn't declare for the draft; then we just lose out all next year as well. See how great it can be... the Bills can win the draft every year if they only want to!!

There's a long, proven history of teams drafting #1 and winning the next year. All you have to do is ignore facts and it's undeniable.

Well you said "I believe rooting for loses as payment for that opportunity suggests hopelessness.", in a response to me. Was I wrong to assume you were speaking to me?

I have, on think on all occasions in this thread, referred to people who root for the Bills to lose...not any particular poster. You chose, for some reason, to challenge my position about those people. I never changed the way I referred to those people. You should only take offense if you are one of them.

Some of the players on this year's team will be on next year's team. I want to see players who know what it takes to win a game and who hate to lose a game. When the Bills have a solid core of players like that, then the team can go far.

Rooting for losses just to get a "No. 1" draft pick is like playing the Lotto. It's a chump's game.

I enjoyed the game but still would have preferred a loss. The win will feel good for 7 days. Quarterback of the future would help the team for a decade. Flame away.

Please reconcile your "we need to lose to draft high to get talent" idiocy with the fact that a 7th round draft pick was clutch on the field today...

:lol:

If you didn't enjoy that win, you need to check and see if you're alive.

This team has an offense. When's the last time you could say that?

I did enjoy that game -- but we shouldn't get carried away with our enthusiasm, because the Bungles secondary was depleted by injuries. That said, tought beans for Cinci, and for Marvin Lewis. Hope his arrogant butt gets fired.

I have, on think on all occasions in this thread, referred to people who root for the Bills to lose...not any particular poster. You chose, for some reason, to challenge my position about those people. I never changed the way I referred to those people. You should only take offense if you are one of them.

Nice spin Beano.

I did enjoy that game -- but we shouldn't get carried away with our enthusiasm, because the Bungles secondary was depleted by injuries. That said, tought beans for Cinci, and for Marvin Lewis. Hope his arrogant butt gets fired.

I don't think we are. It is just fun to win especially how they played today. That's all.

So what? You really want to perpetuate, and potentially deepen, the culture of losing in order to draft ONE GUY who could get his knee wrecked in training camp? Then where are you?

So they get the first pick, but the rest of the team is still a bunch of miserable losers who don't know how to win and don't want to be there. How do you turn that ship on a dime? You finish strong and some decent free agents might consider coming.

I don't know, but in any other business, purposefully trying to not win is a serious integrity issue. But a lot of people these days don't know what that word means anymore, I guess.

How did Miami go from 1 and 15 to playoffs next season?

How did ATL go from complete shambles to playoffs next season?

The only thing that matters on draft day next March is the position you're drafting and what players you can get.

The only thing that matters on opening kickoff next season is the talent you're putting on the field.

The notion that it somehow matters what your record was last season IS COMPLETE BUNK.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

How did Miami go from 1 and 15 to playoffs next season?

How did ATL go from complete shambles to playoffs next season?

The only thing that matters on draft day next March is the position you're drafting and what players you can get.

The only thing that matters on opening kickoff next season is the talent you're putting on the field.

The notion that it somehow matters what your record was last season IS COMPLETE BUNK.

Chad Pennington? :blink: