What has shaped your political beliefs?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Don't do as I do"? What government managers have you worked with that do anything?

Touche!

I was speaking about what whole agencies get away with vs. the private sector.

Ah yes the ole liberal hypocrisy. As I've said a bunch of times before it's to easy for liberals to be hypocrites. Or so hard for them not to be.

Why is "liberal?" :blink: :blink: Many know no political affliation.

But in my mind the liberals are the best at it. Limousine liberals.

So they have to take a vow of poverty? Pulllease! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: So you can't elevate one's up to AND BEYOND your level without getting the hypocrite "tag." :doh: This is an easy cop out (and lazy) on your part Cheffy.

See the big difference here is that liberals would like to see everyone driving around in a limo... With the conservatives, this bothers them deeply... They have to feel superior and distance themself (for what ever God aweful reasons) from the hoi polloi... Nothing satisfies them more.

Touche!

I was speaking about what whole agencies get away with vs. the private sector.

Why is "liberal?" :blink: :blink: Many know no political affliation.

So they have to take a vow of poverty? Pulllease! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: So you can't elevate one's up to AND BEYOND your level without getting the hypocrite "tag." :doh: This is an easy cop out (and lazy) on your part Cheffy.

See the big difference here is that liberals would like to see everyone driving around in a limo... With the conservatives, this bothers them deeply... They have to feel superior and distance themself (for what ever God aweful reasons) from the hoi polloi... Nothing satisfies them more.

I was referring to the hypocrite liberal Dead heads that you agreed were hypocrites when you said spot on. You did say that didn't you? And the rest of your post is not even worth responding to.

I was referring to the hypocrite liberal Dead heads that you agreed were hypocrites when you said spot on. You did say that didn't you? And the rest of your post is not even worth responding to.

Sorry. I was getting defensive when I shouldn't have and took I it personally. You really shouldn't just tag "liberal" on everything just as much as I should use "conservative."

Hmmm....maybe because you don't like liberals? Not very objective.

No I don't like hypocrites and the Liberals have made it hard for themselves to practice what the preach.

Sorry. I was getting defensive when I shouldn't have and took I it personally. You really shouldn't just tag "liberal" on everything just as much as I should use "conservative."

Typing liberal was easier in that case than long haired dope smoking smelly hippy.

i've read testimonial books by soldiers ending up on both ends of the political spectrum...i'm sincerely interested. can you expound on this?

I can tell you from my father's POV, who was a marine, always felt that the more conservative party stood behind the troops more so than the liberals. When he came back from Nam, he would tell me that the libs demonized his service in the Marines.

Edited by Magox

I can tell you from my father's POV, who was a marine, always felt that the more conservative party stood behind the troops more so than the liberals. When he came back from Nam, he would tell me that the libs demonized his service in the Marines.

but this is far from a universal response to similar shared experience as a soldier. some of the worlds most stauch pacifists were formed from soldiers during wars

I am not too political but that is because I distrust everyone. If it is not some chick trying to get in your brain after a good romp, then it is the government trying to get in your pocket after a good run of income. It is all the same except for one thing. Unlike chicks who can be controlled, the government makes the rules.

Let's say you invent silica gel. It keeps shoes dry while in distribution, but also makes animals talk when they eat it. You apply for two patents; one for the former and one for the ladder. The government grants the first but not only denies the second; it also REQUIRES you put "Do Not Eat" on every packet. They allow this inventor to make some money but they hold the real money maker for themselves and their military industrial complex.

The gel is just one example. Sometimes government invents things like welfare. This takes gobs of money which is supposed to help people. They help a few people that really need it. At least it helps in the short term. Then they say they are helping other people like loser doped out hippies. But what they really do is keep all the hippy money for themselves. The pot head loser hippies will believe they actually got the money because they are too fried to know otherwise. You can tell them anything.

There are an endless number of games to be run. It doesn't matter which party you're in, unscrupularity is the best way to office. On the few occasions where an honest person makes it, they are run out of town on a trumped up scandal.

but this is far from a universal response to similar shared experience as a soldier. some of the worlds most stauch pacifists were formed from soldiers during wars

I didn't say ALL military personnel vote GOP. Oh, and your "far from universal" comment is ridiculous, everyone knows (except you) that most service men traditionally vote GOP.

i've read testimonial books by soldiers ending up on both ends of the political spectrum...i'm sincerely interested. can you expound on this?

Sure, it created an intense distrust of the Federal Government in me. Before I was a soldier I was raised in a generally conservative household. After my time in the service, I was still conservative, but more libertarian. All anyone who wants an honest reflection of the government needs to do is go work for it.