For anyone Watching the MNF game

Anyone catch Dan Patrick doing the highlights on the NBC Sunday Night game last night. He was really busting on Berman, and, it didn't seem to me, in a respectful way. He made some reference to "nobody circles the wagons like the Buffalo Bills" in a rather snide way...I don't like Dan Patrick as much as everyone else I guess...

What did he say?

It began with his "circling the wagons" theme.

Then a clip of the stoic Chan Gailey on the sidelines, then a clip of Marv getting doused with a Gatorade bucket wielded by Cornelius Bennett & Co.

Then a brief clip of Jack Kemp, and Berman mentioned something about "back when the Bills were the champs" (referring to AFL days).

He said how Jack Kemp had signed many bills in Wash DC (site of tonight's MNF).

It was a very nice little tribute, and as the other posters have said, it is nice to have one voice out there who does not just belittle our beloved Bills and our city.

I can't believe how a simple highlight can give me goose bumps, but only the likes of Chris Berman can make a 1-8 victory feel that good. It's truly a blessing to have 1 person in the national media show a little respect to our team and community.

Chris Berman is a HOF announcer. He was with ESPN the very first day the network went on the air way back in the late 70's, and he is still popular and relevant today. He invented the nick-names during his highlights, came up with his own Home Run Call (back, back, back, back), took the Howard Cosell TD call and made it his own (he could go all.....the.....way), and although "The Blitz" with Tommy Jackson is scaled way back these day compared to their old high light show doing about 90% of the games throughout the 80's and 90's, I think just about every real true die hard NFL fan in the country wants to see his team end up being done by Berman on "The Blitz" to this day.

Dan Patrick has been around a long time too. He may have been and ESPN original himself back in the day. But if he's dissing Berman, it is simply because he knows he can never duplicate the "Boomer's" success and popularity. Simple egotistical jealousy. :thumbdown:

And as Berman would say; "And oh by the way".....every year he picked the Bills to return to the SB out of the AFC, he also picked the 49ers out of the NFC. Sure it was obvious he was a Bills "fan" since the mid 80's, he still talked about how much he liked Montana and the 49ers and of course, he never shied away from bragging about his all time favorite team, his Jets. Unfortunately his Jets never had the success the Bills had during Buffalo's run in the late 80's into the late 90's.

Definitely was nice to see that and I think Berman was waiting to do this for a few weeks. He would have given a tribute to any other team that took 9 games to get off the schneid, but he went a little further because it was the Bills.

As for Patrick, he's unwatchable now. He's only concerned with how he looks instead of giving us the highlights.

I can't believe how a simple highlight can give me goose bumps, but only the likes of Chris Berman can make a 1-8 victory feel that good. It's truly a blessing to have 1 person in the national media show a little respect to our team and community.

Boom!

They drew parallels between the latest victory over Detroit and going to the Super Bowl and winning the AFL championship. I kid not.

I think it was more of an excuse for him to talk about Jack Kemp with the game being in D.C. But yes I love how Boomer always shows some love for the Bills and all the old AFL teams in general.

I saw it and I thought it was almost funny to make such a big deal about 1 and 8. But is sure felt good to have something positive on the Bills during MNF.

Thanks Chris.