So in reality what can we expect from this game?

ICE

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I get the feeling that this game will not be close.....

Not because the browns have given up but because our defense was so BAD last week.....

I think they respond with a dominating performance......

154327[/snapback]

I was thinking the exact same thing. They're very prideful, they'll attack hard in front of the home town folks.

No way a defense could be that good when they give up 58 points to a mediocre Cincy team.

BLOW OUT AT THE RALPH COME ONE COME ALL SUNDAY DECEMBER 12, 2004.

PREDICTION: Willis Mcghaee gets his first 200 plus rushing game 5 tds

Merry Christmas Willis :blink:

I think cleveland is much better than Miami...and Miami gave us hell. BUT We will be at home. Against other than winning teams that seems to give us a solid advantage.

I think we have to stop Suggs etal #1.  Put it all on thier passing game. NO COVER 2 DEFENSE!  :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

On Offense...Cleveland is playing good D overall....Well Unliess you are Cinci :blink:

Again I say, run run and more run. Set up that deep ball.  With two TE's out I think we will see issues with Bledsoe. (yeah yeah I know...God forbid you guys actually realise his #1 TE being out WILL Effect him).  I think running up the middle might be tougher than last week and we didn't do it well then. Get McGahee out on the corner to use his speed and the mighty stiffarm from hell.

thoughts?

Bills 24, Cleveland 20

154045[/snapback]

But with how many turnovers, ICE? Because if the Bills get...oh, say five turnovers and a return TD, and only win by 4, it's actually a loss, right? :blink:

I think cleveland is much better than Miami...

thoughts?

Bills 24, Cleveland 20

154045[/snapback]

I was at the game the Cleveland-Philly game back in October and I think those Browns were better than Miami. However, these Browns are much different, much like our Bills are much different than the team we saw in the early part of the season. Our team seems to know how to win and more importantly, the coaching staff is getting its legs as far as making in-game adjustments. Feeley was looking like Peyton Manning until Gray decided to unleash the blitz.

I think the Bills will win, but I'm leary of the 10.5 line (no one asked about betting potential, but I thought I'd throw that out there). I'll have to analyze how the Redskins responded to Robiskie when he was their interim coach before risking any hard-earned cash.

As far as AD's prediction for ICE, I'd go with:

(1) Bills win: The Browns are in disarray with a new coach and new QB.

(2) Browns win: Bledsoe and TD must go.

Anybody wanna lay odds on those picks? :blink:

Note to ICE: Just playful kidding, but you've become as predictable as the tides.

No way a defense could be that good when they give up 58 points to a mediocre Cincy team.

BLOW OUT AT THE RALPH COME ONE COME ALL SUNDAY DECEMBER 12, 2004.

PREDICTION: Willis Mcghaee gets his first 200 plus rushing game 5 tds

Merry Christmas Willis :blink:

154339[/snapback]

although i'm guessing you're not being totally serious about 200 and 5... am i the ONLY one who has been less than blown away with mcgahee? he has great corner speed. he can get outside. but... he is not all the way back yet. julius jones looks 10 times more impressive to me. mcgahee, i think, will pass him soon, next year probably. but right now, it seems like every 100 yard game he gets is actually 30 carries for 70 yards and then 2 or 3 others that make up 45 or so. for example, seattle game the trick play was a whole bunch. 3.8 yards a carry isn't great... that being said we will win this game... but it will be closer than the score. i'm guessing we pull away much like the miami game in the late second half.

bills 31-browns 20

just so we all don't think im negative in regards to any bills player... i am a guy who thought rob johnson could win in 2000. i thought avp could win before bledsoe got here, and i think bledsoe can lead us through the first round of the playoffs this year. i think mcgahee is going ot be great... but right now he is simply manageable as a starting RB until he gets his cuts back (or simply gets the confidence to cut) and learns to find holes up the middle.

the defense is so tight right now though, minus 12 minutes of the miami game. I don't see the offense thundering the way it did against the last 3 teams, but i do see the bills doing enough to win. 16-10 in crappy, sloppy, winter game... stay tuned

but right now, it seems like every 100 yard game he gets is actually 30 carries for 70 yards and then 2 or 3 others that make up 45 or so.

154370[/snapback]

Honestly...show me a back where that's NOT the pattern. Barry Sanders was reknown for picking up most of his yards on long carries. Emmitt Smith. Probably Walter Payton, for all I know. I've heard the same "Yeah, but..." reasoning for every back I can remember watching. There's nothing wrong with that...because that's what good running backs do.

It's fallacious logic, too...do the yards gained on a long run somehow count less because they came all in one bunch?

I fail to see the difference between this, and most other football games.

No matter how bad the browns appear to be or in fact are, the Bills offense needs to run the football successfully, and prevent the browns from running the football.

I like our chances because we are home, our special teams are great, and our coaching staff has come around. I dont believe that Krumerie will allow the big guys to let down, and that this will be enough to allow the offense opportunities to put away a weak team like this.

Krumerie (sic) might be my favorite part of the Bills organization. It is very likely that he will NOT wear a coat for this game. He did NOT vs. Arizona, and the weather was horrid. He will pace the sidelines, yell at the entire defense, and never let up.

Yeah, the Bills will win. My man TK will be a part of it.

Bills 27

browns 14

Honestly...show me a back where that's NOT the pattern.  Barry Sanders was reknown for picking up most of his yards on long carries.  Emmitt Smith.  Probably Walter Payton, for all I know.  I've heard the same "Yeah, but..." reasoning for every back I can remember watching.  There's nothing wrong with that...because that's what good running backs do.

It's fallacious logic, too...do the yards gained on a long run somehow count less because they came all in one bunch?

154378[/snapback]

good point, and i thought about that. but... miami game, all his yards came on the last drive or so. did he help put away the game? YES, those yards were huge. but... still, not a great day.

seattle game, i think we can all agree that the trick play was AWESOME. but, anyone with a 4.5 could have gotten at least 30 from that play. 4 tds, great... but henry would have gotten 4 also with that kind of committment.

i remember one game earlier this year he ran like 38 times and got 100... all i'm saying is this: he is not a gamebreaker yet. in fact, i don't think he's a top 15 back yet. i hope i'm wrong. i hope he goes for 200 on sunday. i like him more than henry now (which i never thought i would admit). but i just get unnerved when people act like we have a top 5 back right now, rather than in a year and a half.

good point, and i thought about that.  but... miami game, all his yards came on the last drive or so.  did he help put away the game?  YES, those yards were huge.  but... still, not a great day.

seattle game, i think we can all agree that the trick play was AWESOME.  but, anyone with a 4.5 could have gotten at least 30 from that play. 4 tds, great... but henry would have gotten 4 also with that kind of committment.

i remember one game earlier this year he ran like 38 times and got 100... all i'm saying is this: he is not a gamebreaker yet.  in fact, i don't think he's a top 15 back yet.  i hope i'm wrong.  i hope he goes for 200 on sunday.  i like him more than henry now (which i never thought i would admit).  but i just get unnerved when people act like we have a top 5 back right now, rather than in a year and a half.

154410[/snapback]

As long as he keeps picking up the blitz and forcing defenses to guard against the run by carrying 25 times a game, I don't care how many yards he gets.

And even so...when's the last time a Bills RB had as many yards in as many games? Probably have to go back to Thurman Thomas...

Care to actually address the post moron?  I know I know...I honestly causes you to think and while it may be a dangerous thing...give it a try.

154060[/snapback]

Actually, it's more informative when we don't respond to the topic onhand, especially when you're just going to use it as a sounding board of your anti-Bledsoe rant.

As long as he keeps picking up the blitz and forcing defenses to guard against the run by carrying 25 times a game, I don't care how many yards he gets. 

And even so...when's the last time a Bills RB had as many yards in as many games?  Probably have to go back to Thurman Thomas...

154413[/snapback]

well said.

i dunno... henry had some good streaks in the last two years.

Guest Max in Tampa
I think cleveland is much better than Miami...and Miami gave us hell. BUT We will be at home. Against other than winning teams that seems to give us a solid advantage.

I think we have to stop Suggs etal #1.  Put it all on thier passing game. NO COVER 2 DEFENSE!  :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

On Offense...Cleveland is playing good D overall....Well Unliess you are Cinci :blink:

Again I say, run run and more run. Set up that deep ball.  With two TE's out I think we will see issues with Bledsoe. (yeah yeah I know...God forbid you guys actually realise his #1 TE being out WILL Effect him).  I think running up the middle might be tougher than last week and we didn't do it well then. Get McGahee out on the corner to use his speed and the mighty stiffarm from hell.

thoughts?

Bills 24, Cleveland 20

154045[/snapback]

Celtics by 25.

I don't think this game will be close at all. Of course I felt the same way last week.

The Intangibles are the deciding factor IMO.

The Bills are at home.

The Bills know that every game is a playoff game, and they feel the pressure.

The Defense got a big wakeup call last week, and they know not to take a "lesser" opponent lightly.

Yes Bledsoe does'nt have his #1 TE, or is #2 TE as well. Which means we need a lot of plays for McGahee, and more passes to Evans. I still believe in Josh Reed and we should utilize him more too.

In the end, I do not see the Browns with Luke McCown as that much of a threat. We should blitz the hell out of this team.

Bills 34

Browns 14

thoughts?

Bills 24, Cleveland 20

154045[/snapback]

Learn your football - Suggs is out, Green is the starter. But you're busy "winning at everything" and "always being right", I forgot. AD said it best - you want them to lose so you can whine until the cows in good old Oklahoma come home. Do it somewhere else.

Bills win in a blowout 49-10. The Defense and offense come up huge. I also wouldn't be suprised to see a special teams touchdown. First full dominating effort of the season in every facet.

Secondly. Enough of this travis henry garbage. Yes henry was/is a good rb, but he's not better than willis mcgahee not by a long shot. No he wouldn't have made the runs mcgahee has made. While Willis isn't all the way back compare his 20+ yard runs and even runs over 10+ yards to the runs henry got. I think you'll find henry doesn't even touch willis in this area. While Henry may break a 20 yarder here or there, you could never count on him to do that every game. Maybe a good 5-10 yards every few runs, but you can count on willis to get you a run over 20 yards every game and sometimes more than that. Willis is better in every area than travis henry is. Better pure runner, better at picking up the blitz, better receiver out of the backfield, he's just better. Henry is a quality back, Willis Mcgahee is a superstar in the making. :blink:

the defense is so tight right now though, minus 12 minutes of the miami game.  I don't see the offense thundering the way it did against the last 3 teams, but i do see the bills doing enough to win.  16-10 in crappy, sloppy, winter game...  stay tuned

154372[/snapback]

I expect the defense to play better this week, however your point about the weather is on the mark. There's going to be snow, how much, how early, depends on the winds. The first lake effect storm of the season is expected to blow in on Sunday. If its snowy and the winds are around 25-30 this could be a very low scoring game.