So in reality what can we expect from this game?

ICE

Bills win in a blowout 49-10.  The Defense and offense come up huge. I also wouldn't be suprised to see a special teams touchdown. First full dominating effort of the season in every facet.

Secondly. Enough of this travis henry garbage. Yes henry was/is a good rb, but he's not better than willis mcgahee not by a long shot.  No he wouldn't have made the runs mcgahee has made. While Willis isn't all the way back compare his 20+ yard runs and even runs over 10+ yards to the runs henry got.  I think you'll find henry doesn't even touch willis in this area. While Henry may break a 20 yarder here or there, you could never count on him to do that every game. Maybe a good 5-10 yards every few runs, but you can count on willis to get you a run over 20 yards every game and sometimes more than that.  Willis is better in every area than travis henry is.  Better pure runner, better at picking up the blitz, better receiver out of the backfield, he's just better.  Henry is a quality back, Willis Mcgahee is a superstar in the making. :blink:

154537[/snapback]

mcgahee - superstar in the making, yes.

henry - would be superstar if they committed to him.

aka, im drunk.

so her eit is: mcgahee will be great. henry is great... but easily injured. if you compare henry and mcgahee, over the last two years, i bet you find a lot of similarities. that's all.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think cleveland is much better than Miami...and Miami gave us hell. BUT We will be at home. Against other than winning teams that seems to give us a solid advantage.

I think we have to stop Suggs etal #1.  Put it all on thier passing game. NO COVER 2 DEFENSE!  :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

On Offense...Cleveland is playing good D overall....Well Unliess you are Cinci ;)

Again I say, run run and more run. Set up that deep ball.  With two TE's out I think we will see issues with Bledsoe. (yeah yeah I know...God forbid you guys actually realise his #1 TE being out WILL Effect him).  I think running up the middle might be tougher than last week and we didn't do it well then. Get McGahee out on the corner to use his speed and the mighty stiffarm from hell.

thoughts?

Bills 24, Cleveland 20

154045[/snapback]

Good on Offense??? Only against Cinci?

Their D has given up nearly 100 points in the last 2 games..I still say

Bills23

Browns 13

GuessWhozBack21 Posted Today, 01:23 AM

Bills win in a blowout 49-10. The Defense and offense come up huge. I also wouldn't be suprised to see a special teams touchdown. First full dominating effort of the season in every facet.

First full dominating effort?

I would say the Seattle game was their first one.

I think cleveland is much better than Miami...and Miami gave us hell. BUT We will be at home. Against other than winning teams that seems to give us a solid advantage.

I think we have to stop Suggs etal #1.  Put it all on thier passing game. NO COVER 2 DEFENSE!  :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

On Offense...Cleveland is playing good D overall....Well Unliess you are Cinci ;)

Again I say, run run and more run. Set up that deep ball.  With two TE's out I think we will see issues with Bledsoe. (yeah yeah I know...God forbid you guys actually realise his #1 TE being out WILL Effect him).  I think running up the middle might be tougher than last week and we didn't do it well then. Get McGahee out on the corner to use his speed and the mighty stiffarm from hell.

thoughts?

Bills 24, Cleveland 20

154045[/snapback]

Interesting really. Personally i don't think the Browns have a chance. Even without our 2 TE's it won't effect Bledsoe that much. He has hit 6+ different people with passes in each game the last 3 weeks.

The oline will dominate, willis will get his yards, Moulds will have a good day, evans will have a good day, Bledsoe will throw some TD's to make us 7-6.

Nice try Cleveland.

This view may have already been mentioned as i did not read the middle pages of responses as ICE's initial estimation folks are replying to deviates so far from reality (it says a key is stopping Suggs who it seems likely will not even play or if he does he will be wounded and stop a Cleve D which is playing pretty well but it has given up something like 100 points the last two weeks).

As always, these views though they have no relationship with reality cannot be discarded in the Any Given Sunday world of the NFL. It is actually a testimony to the true resurgence of the Bills team as a force that the major real caution on games like Miami last week and the Browns this week is that they are calssic trap games and if the Bills show up expecting that they can win easily that sets the table for a rude surprise.

However, in terms of predictions, ICE should actually be very happy about this game because if it plays out the way it adds up on paper (damn the game for not being played on paper) he and we should look for Losman to get a lot of PLAYING time in this game if it turns into the blowout it should be given the Brownies starting their 3rd string QB, given the injuries they have suffered which are even worse than the injuries we have had, and given that we will be at home.

One hopes that the injury bug does not befall us and that even if it does that our subs step up. The majority chance here is that JP will see a good quarter of action. The minority chance is that the Browns will show up ready to play and the Bills won't and that we will have a real game on our hands.

The good news is that even if this minority chance (which is a real but smaller possibility) occurs, the Bills should still have enough to win the game even if it means JP never sees the light of day.

Its getting ahead of ourselves because it is clear a team does best when it takes it one game at a time but the interesting crunch time comes the next week as the Bills will have to go into someone else's house (Cincy) and this team will have a chance (though small like the Bills) at the playoffs (unlike the evemtual late blow-out of Miami and the it is to be hoped but not guranteed cakewalk against the Brownies).

I look forward to the next two weeks (though like any fan I then get tempted by considering the next week against SF, an even more pathetic team but involving a trip out west where historically we have done poorly). Heep the cheeseburgers in the freezer and deal with this one week at a time.

mcgahee - superstar in the making, yes.

henry - would be superstar if they committed to him.

aka, im drunk.

so her eit is: mcgahee will be great.  henry is great... but easily injured.  if you compare henry and mcgahee, over the last two years, i bet you find a lot of similarities.  that's all.

154553[/snapback]

Nope, sorry. Travis is a very limited skillset running back. He's a liability in the passing game, whether being asked to release or pick up a blitzer.

Nope, sorry.  Travis is a very limited skillset running back.  He's a liability in the passing game, whether being asked to release or pick up a blitzer.

155167[/snapback]

I think you're being too harsh in the negative judgements on Henry and the passing game. His first year, like many rookies he struck me as having problems with the blitz pick-up, but like many players his skills improved as he played a bit and I judged him as not being stellar like TT was or Centers could be, but judged him to be adequate in the fairly adequate pass happy offenses with the less than fleet-footed Bledsoe in 2002 and 2003,

I find it hard to judge him as a liaility when the the passing game was productive in 2002 and RB blitz pick-ups was far from the only problem with the O last year an really not seen as the lead problem.

Add to this that your indictment seems to run counter to the facts of Henry's production in 2002 when he is credited with over 40 receptions. I don't think he would be thrown to enought for him to get 3-4 receptions a game if he was such a liability that he was dropping a bunch that was thrown his way.

In 2003 his receptions dropped to 25+. but my recollection was that I was pissed at Kevin Killdrive for not running a diverse enough offense as we went to the RB pass to Gash and Henry too little in my minds. Like most players, Henry has a couple of drops he should have caught, but KG's problem in my mind was the same one you are making that given the first drop this weapon was removed from out gameplan.

2004 saw a bad petrformance by both TH and WM on blitz=pick-ups early in the season and Henry seemed to give up on being both a productive runner or a productive pass catcher once it became clear to him the Bills were going in another direction with starting RB.

That being said, i think he has demonstrated effective ability as a rusher in 2002 and 2003 and effective production as a receiver in 2002 which demonstrates to me that rather than being a liability in all cases he can do that job.