Andrew Luck...anyone else concerned about this

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'd be more worried about the fact that luck has played a whopping 1.5 seasons in college against the san jose states of the world, but yet he's the next coming of joe montana on these boards.

There seems to be 3-4 "franchise" OBs every draft. Every one a future hall of famer.

PTR

I'm more concerned with Ryan Fitzpatrick's inaccuracy and propensity for throwing wild passes and/or interceptions. Luck has so much better touch on his throws, in my observations, and has the arm strength that Fitzpatrick wishes he had. Nothing against Fitz who's would be fine as a backup, but I'll take Luck everyday regardless. Could it be that their opponent last night was playing a T2 scheme forcing him to throw the short pass and in which Luck completed 33 passes for 292 yards? I'm merely asking.

i'd be more worried about the fact that luck has played a whopping 1.5 seasons in college against the san jose states of the world, but yet he's the next coming of joe montana on these boards.

its not just these boards, thats all they talk about on local radio and sports radio, I have heard him being compared to Peyton Manning.

But hey, drafting 1st overall always leads to success!

There seems to be 3-4 "franchise" OBs every draft. Every one a future hall of famer.

PTR

inDEED.

I'm more concerned with Ryan Fitzpatrick's inaccuracy and propensity for throwing wild passes and/or interceptions. Luck has so much better touch on his throws, in my observations, and has the arm strength that Fitzpatrick wishes he had. Nothing against Fitz who's would be fine as a backup, but I'll take Luck everyday regardless. Could it be that their opponent last night was playing a T2 scheme forcing him to throw the short pass and in which Luck completed 33 passes for 292 yards? I'm merely asking.

LOL. Luck has so much better touch on his throws when he has 9 seconds to throw the ball. Yes, lets compare an NFL QB going up against NFL defenses to Luck going up against Sacramento State and that stout Arizona defense. :thumbdown:

Luck could've thrown for 600yds and 6tds against the Ravens too...heck, Luck would have the bills at 8-1 right now.

its not just these boards, thats all they talk about on local radio and sports radio, I have heard him being compared to Peyton Manning.

But hey, drafting 1st overall always leads to success!

seriously, it really is a crap shoot when you look at it.

Year Team Player Pick No.

2007 OAK J. Russell 1 BUST

2005 SFO Alex D. Smith 1 BUST

2004 NYG Eli Manning 1

2004 SDG Philip Rivers 4

2004 PIT Ben Roethlisberger 11

2003 CIN Carson Palmer 1 (partial bust)

2003 JAC Byron Leftwich 7 BUST

2002 HOU David Carr 1 Y BUST

2002 DET Joey Harrington 3 BUST

2001 ATL Michael Vick 1

1999 CLE Tim Couch 1 BUST

1999 PHI Donovan McNabb 2

1999 CIN Akili Smith 3 BUST

1999 MIN Daunte Culpepper 11

1999 CHI Cade McNown 12 BUST

1998 IND Peyton Manning 1

1998 SDG Ryan Leaf 2 BUST

1995 TEN Steve McNair 3

1995 CAR Kerry Collins 5 (partial bust)

Edited by bobobonators

I've been trying to make an effort to see this guy whenever possible and my only concern is his arm strength. He seems like a steve young type, except his long ball isn't as pretty. If we draft him, I hope we hire whoever was Tom Brady's strength coach coming out of Michigan. Brady's arm was noodle-like when he first came out, from what I've heard....so if we can work with Luck, I think he'll be a solid QB (just based on what I've seen). My preference is still to go with a stud front-7 player for our defense (or two), but I wouldn't be upset if we picked Luck.

I've been trying to make an effort to see this guy whenever possible and my only concern is his arm strength. He seems like a steve young type, except his long ball isn't as pretty. If we draft him, I hope we hire whoever was Tom Brady's strength coach coming out of Michigan. Brady's arm was noodle-like when he first came out, from what I've heard....so if we can work with Luck, I think he'll be a solid QB (just based on what I've seen). My preference is still to go with a stud front-7 player for our defense (or two), but I wouldn't be upset if we picked Luck.

I believe his strength coach was Dr. HGH. Tedy Bruschi introduced him to Tom.

PTR

i'd be happy to get Luck if that's who our coaching staff and FO is 100% behind. Luck is without a doubt a talented QB, but I personally have several concerns, with my principal concern being his limited collegiate career.

It was. I wonder how it improved... ;)

My concern will be if Luck is projected as the 1st overall pick and Harbaugh leaves, and he decides to return to school to finish his degree. It would make me question his desire to play football. Now while I admire his quest for a degree, I want the QB of the Bills to eat, sleep, and breathe football. Is Luck that guy?

I believe his strength coach was Dr. HGH. Tedy Bruschi introduced him to Tom.

PTR

Well....let's hope the doctor is IN then :devil:

It was. I wonder how it improved... ;)

My concern will be if Luck is projected as the 1st overall pick and Harbaugh leaves, and he decides to return to school to finish his degree. It would make me question his desire to play football. Now while I admire his quest for a degree, I want the QB of the Bills to eat, sleep, and breathe football. Is Luck that guy?

I've never understood the stay in school vs become a millionaire dilemma. You can finish your degree anytime. Most people never get the opportunity to become an instant multi-millionaire. If you have that chance, you take it. Beyond that, I'm with you 100% about the commitment thing. We need someone who has a Michael vick-like work ethic. Wait, what? :unsure: Well, the 2010 version of Vick, anyway :)

Its not just last nights game I think he looks to throw short the majority of the time...and as I said he is better then Trent Edwards (by a lot)

I am trying to picture what he is going to look like as an NFL QB....is he going to look to throw short first? Is he going to spread the field to open up the running game?

seriously, it really is a crap shoot when you look at it.

Year Team Player Pick No.

2007 OAK J. Russell 1 BUST

2005 SFO Alex D. Smith 1 BUST

2004 NYG Eli Manning 1

2004 SDG Philip Rivers 4

2004 PIT Ben Roethlisberger 11

2003 CIN Carson Palmer 1 (partial bust)

2003 JAC Byron Leftwich 7 BUST

2002 HOU David Carr 1 Y BUST

2002 DET Joey Harrington 3 BUST

2001 ATL Michael Vick 1

1999 CLE Tim Couch 1 BUST

1999 PHI Donovan McNabb 2

1999 CIN Akili Smith 3 BUST

1999 MIN Daunte Culpepper 11

1999 CHI Cade McNown 12 BUST

1998 IND Peyton Manning 1

1998 SDG Ryan Leaf 2 BUST

1995 TEN Steve McNair 3

1995 CAR Kerry Collins 5 (partial bust)

Is it though?

Could be a bit of Chicken and Egg but the football decision makers in OAK, SF, JAC, DET, HOU haven't been exactly praised for thier smart personal decision making. I wonder if there is a connection to bad FOs and draft pick busts?