Ryan Mallett Sucks - Exhibit A: Aaron Murray

ajzepp

Luck and Mallett are WINNERS...

My definition of a winner is someone who shows up when it counts the most, and I have yet to see Mallett do that.

with an 89-yard touchdown pass to Jarius Wright — the second-longest in school history.

:lol: :lol: Anyone who saw that pass knows that had very little to do with Mallett...guy was wide open and he ran for the majority of those 89 yards

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My definition of a winner is someone who shows up when it counts the most, and I have yet to see Mallett do that.

:w00t: :w00t:

Here ya go...

Mallett game-winner - double OT

Anyone who saw that pass knows that had very little to do with Mallett...guy was wide open and he ran for the majority of those 89 yards

Get yourself twisted up much over a reporter mentioning a stat? :rolleyes:

I guess the ball got to him all by itself!

Exactly...I've tried to make this point before around here but it falls on deaf ears...Probably because some Folks have watched The Bills lose for so long they have NO CLUE what having a QB that actually inspires his teammates means anymore...They would not know a winner if he came up and smacked them upside the head...Trent lost in College...So did JP...Luck and Mallett are WINNERS...Mallett was 4-0 as a Pure Frosh Starter at Michigan when he basically had no clue what he was doing...He's a winner...Luck as well...Were sitting here watching these 2 College powerhouses in the SEC and PAC 10, Alabama and USC...um no wait...Florida and Oregon?...Nope not yet...Freaking Arkansas and Stanford!!! And we have Buffalo Bills Fans...Fans who have sat through JP, Kelly Holcomb, Trent Edwards and now Fitz, and they're nitpicking these 2 to absolute death...It's a joke...I'm SO glad Buddy Nix will not do the same...These 2 Kids are winners who inspire better performances out of their Teammates week in and week out...They would both make incredible additions to this Football Team...Both will need a Year or two to get caught up and find themselves, but once they do they'll do the same thing in the NFL they've been doing since they were Kids...They'll win... B-)

There are a lot of college QBs you could substitute in that post for the names Mallett and Luck, dude. I remember a lot of people saying the same things about Matt Leinart and Brady Quinn. You can't JUST look at a player's success in college and use that to determine how well they'll do in the pros. You have to look at a lot of things, and you have to break down their qualities and see how they translate to the pro game. That being said, it's obviously not an exact science. Neither you nor I have any idea how Mallett will be as a pro. We'll find out who's right or wrong soon enough, but until then, I have my opinion and you have yours. ;)

:w00t: :w00t:

Here ya go...

Mallett game-winner - double OT

Get yourself twisted up much over a reporter mentioning a stat? :rolleyes:

I guess the ball got to him all by itself!

Yeah, it was double OT because they trusted the FRESHMAN KICKER to win it in the first OT and he choked...Mallett didn't choke, but he wasn't spectacular by any means.

Go back and watch the "89 yd touchdown pass" man....dude was WIDE open and then ran his ass off lol...you or I could have made that throw!

Yeah, it was double OT because they trusted the FRESHMAN KICKER to win it in the first OT and he choked...Mallett didn't choke, but he wasn't spectacular by any means.

AJ, your exact words were...

How did Mallett NOT do that tonite??? :unsure:

Go back and watch the "89 yd touchdown pass" man....dude was WIDE open and then ran his ass off lol...you or I could have made that throw!

I did watch it - and sorry, but no, you or I could not.

Put the beer down man, you've had enough! :beer:

"When it counts the most" to me doesn't really mean winning games you are supposed to win. It means that you raise your game when it's all on the line...in the biggest moments of your career and/or against teams that are equal or better. Tonight he played fine, but this was a game they should have won anyway. You can't be talking about having the best offense in THE NATION (Mallett's words, not mine), and then worry about losing to the Mississippi State later in the season.

Check this out, Senator....you or I could have EASILY made this pass

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=5832542

oh, oops. SORRY!!! Wrong clip! Let's try this again! :w00t:

If you couldn't make this throw, you must have been like the kid I use to beam in the head with the dodge ball!!!

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=5832680

"When it counts the most" to me doesn't really mean winning games you are supposed to win. It means that you raise your game when it's all on the line...in the biggest moments of your career and/or against teams that are equal or better. Tonight he played fine, but this was a game they should have won anyway. You can't be talking about having the best offense in THE NATION (Mallett's words, not mine), and then worry about losing to the Mississippi State later in the season.

Check this out, Senator....you or I could have EASILY made this pass

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=5832542

Wow, that's really telling footage.

Dude, really? You got any QBs in mind that don't ever throw INTs?

Hey - here's another pass - one at a moment in a key game ' when it's all on the line...in the biggest moments of your career and/or against teams that are equal or better '...

link

Could you or I have thrown that one too?

oh, oops. SORRY!!! Wrong clip! Let's try this again! :w00t:

If you couldn't make this throw, you must have been like the kid I use to beam in the head with the dodge ball!!!

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=5832680

As previously stated, AJ, I already saw the play. Multiple times.

Why are you giving me a clip of a pass-play I've already seen?

Can you instead maybe give me one that shows how the ball mysteriously ended up in the WR's hands all on its own?

Seriously - put the beer down and go to bed B-)

Edited by The Senator

Dude, quit trying to ruin my anti-Mallett crusade by bringing Luck into this...I don't have enough energy to start an anti-Luck crusade too! I have to go to work on Monday for gosh sakes!

Dude, quit trying to ruin my anti-Mallett crusade by bringing Luck into this...I don't have enough energy to start an anti-Luck crusade too! I have to go to work on Monday for gosh sakes!

:lol:

Fair enough! How 'bout we both start a PRO Gabe Carimi crusade???

Badgers run ball 29 straight times during second half

Edited by The Senator

:lol:

Fair enough! How 'bout we both start a PRO Gabe Carimi crusade???

Badgers run ball 29 straight times during second half

Okay, I can get on board with that, cause I'm all about old school football!!! I didn't see that game, but I heard them talking about Wisconsin imposing their WILL today with the running game....that is badass, and I'd LOVE to see that type of offense in B-lo. Run and stop the run...that's my kind of team! I don't know much about Carimi, but from what I've heard he seems like a great fit for us...we need another badass mofo to go with Wood!

I love this quote from the article...""We were setting them up for the play action," UW coach Bret Bielema cracked. :lol: :lol:

Edited by ajzepp

Okay, I can get on board with that, cause I'm all about old school football!!! I didn't see that game, but I heard them talking about Wisconsin imposing their WILL today with the running game....that is badass, and I'd LOVE to see that type of offense in B-lo. Run and stop the run...that's my kind of team! I don't know much about Carimi, but from what I've heard he seems like a great fit for us...we need another badass mofo to go with Wood!

I love this quote from the article...""We were setting them up for the play action," UW coach Bret Bielema cracked. :lol: :lol:

You should know more about him. While everyone else has heaped high praise on Andrew Luck, I've stayed off that bandwagon and have been 'talking up' Carimi (and Mallett) pretty much since September.

This is not from yesterday's Wisconsin drubbing of Michigan, but from the Badger's 83-20 drubbing of Indiana last week...

When a team puts forth a 83-20 shellacking of a conference foe there is plenty of credit to go around. Wisconsin, without potential All-American running back John Clay, received a dominant performance from their offensive line and simply pounded Indiana into submission on Saturday. It was an offensive display that Wisconsin hadn't matched in nearly a century. After reviewing dozens of prospects across the country over the weekend, the indelible impression made by the Badgers' offensive line in this game was simply too much for me to ignore. Though he was held out of the second half of this game with a minor leg injury, left tackle Gabe Carimi was the driving force behind Wisconsin's most impressive quarter - the second - against the Hoosiers. It was in this quarter that the Badgers pulled away from Indiana. While the final scoreboard is certainly proof to the contrary, the Hoosiers were competitive early in this contest, tying the score at 10 points each in the early minutes of the second quarter. However, an injury to Indiana's starting quarterback Ben Chappell and with the Badgers often operating on a short field, the rout was on. Wisconsin offensive lineman are often typecast as simply drive-blockers. In this contest there were certainly examples of Carimi doing just that. He played with good leverage and leg drive when doing so. It was the mobility and balance with which he blocked downfield and protected the edge in pass protection, however that is why he'll be a first round draft pick this April.

(Link - Rob Rang, NFLDraftScout.com)

An O-line depth chart consisting of Bell, Wang, Wood, Levitre, Hangartner, Urbik, Wrotto, Howard, Carimi - enhanced/improved by whomever else we acquire in the draft or free agency - seems a universe away from the O-line just last season, and probably more than adequate to protect [insert QB name here] and open big gaping holes for [insert RB name here].

JMO.

GO BILLSSS!!!!

Reverse the Curse!!!!! B-)

Edited by The Senator

But my point is, college stats are pretty useless when projecting NFL performance.

True. I never said it did.

The argument some are making is that Mallett's Razorbacks have underperformed in the W/L column. In reality, a 9-2 season with two to play is very near the high water mark for Razorback football. If they win one more game, they would finish with their best record in more than 20 years. If they win both, it would be their best in over 30.

That is an accurate assessment of the INT (minus the amazing one handed dive the safety made), and I remember that overthrow in the flat.

But you're neglecting the other passes that were on the money and on time as well as the drops, Like the one at the one before the half.

If you're that critical of Mallet please tell me you see how Luck throws short often. How he wlll put the ball behind the receiver and not by play design often, because if you have such high standards you have to see that too.

If you dont you're clearly seeing what you want to see and not what's actually happening on the field.

Don't get me wrong Luck is the better prospect but he does under throw his receivers often.

Mallet definitely isn't as scattered arm as Fitzy. Mallet is a less Fiery less durable Philip Rivers with a stronger arm and if somehow he is drafted by the Bills he will be an upgrade over any QB the Bills have has since #12 retired.

But the real question come draft is, is taking a QB first priority that's where personally I would take Defense Marcell Dareus if the plan is to stay 4-3 but if the Bills and Nix take Mallet it wouldn't be a wasted pick. It would be a much needed addition for the future success of the Bills.

Yes I have seen Luck throw short, but where is he supposed to throw it when his open reciever is where he is? Luck forces it deep too, sometimes even when he shouldnt be. And he does throw behind his recievers, but it happens 1/10th as much as Mallets off target throws, and when he is off target its by a much smaller margin. Mallets balls go flying over players heads (please try and tell me you havent seen that 3-4 times a game from Mallet) and are sometimes even intercepted by safeties 10yards deeper than his WR, Or its insanely short like last night, or that one he tried to throw away and it still landed in bounds!!! :w00t: That was hilarious. Meanwhile Lucks off target throws are on teh WRs back hip instead of leading him :rolleyes: . ILucks worst pattern is the fade route (which IMO is the stupidest pattern ever, especially in college) which is routinely 2-3 yards short and sometimes inside.

I dont like Luck and dislike mallet for some mysterious reasons. Ive watched both these guys and there is a reason I really like one and dont want the other at all. I am completely unbiased when it comes to college football.

Maybe BC in overtime they ran the ball three times and settled for a 38 yrd FG? Then in the second OT he threw a dump off pass that happened to score a TD

O and lets not forget that in regulation, it was Miss St that came abck to tie, as Ark was up.

Mallet didnt have to carry his team to a win at the end of the gaem tonight...rose colored glasses?

I don't know how many of you guys have seen the Georgia Bulldogs play this season, but I see them basically every week. They had some QB issues this past offseason and had to start a freshman QB named Aaron Murray. Mark my words, this kid will be a STAR one day. The reason why I am using him as another opportunity to hack on Mallett is because it's clear as day what one important quality Murray has that is glaringly absent from Drew, Jr. Aaron Murray has more "clutch" in his left nut than Mallett has in his entire lurch-like physique. Murray is mobile, he can make every throw in the book, and he has this team playing far above their talent level. This kid is REALLY just a kid, but he's a total GAMER. When he cleans up some of his mistakes, he'll be one of the best QBs in the nation - I guarantee it!

If you get a chance to see this kid, check him out. Mallett is a poser. Murray is a GAMER!

did you happen to watch ark/miss st @ MS st last night?

i guess not.

mallet will go top 10. to say the things you say about mallett only show your ignorance. the guy can play big time is he as good as luck now,NO.

however with galieys tutelage IMO he will be a stud in the NFL.

I don't know how many of you guys have seen the Georgia Bulldogs play this season, but I see them basically every week. They had some QB issues this past offseason and had to start a freshman QB named Aaron Murray. Mark my words, this kid will be a STAR one day. The reason why I am using him as another opportunity to hack on Mallett is because it's clear as day what one important quality Murray has that is glaringly absent from Drew, Jr. Aaron Murray has more "clutch" in his left nut than Mallett has in his entire lurch-like physique. Murray is mobile, he can make every throw in the book, and he has this team playing far above their talent level. This kid is REALLY just a kid, but he's a total GAMER. When he cleans up some of his mistakes, he'll be one of the best QBs in the nation - I guarantee it!

If you get a chance to see this kid, check him out. Mallett is a poser. Murray is a GAMER!

If Mallet sucks so bad how come he keeps winning and usually throw around the 300 yard mark each game and 2 or more TD's ???

I'm not seeing what you are . Sure he may have to improve in some areas especially in the NFL but the kid ain't as much of a hack as your saying !! But the Murray kid has looked good when i have seen him play !

Yes I have seen Luck throw short, but where is he supposed to throw it when his open reciever is where he is? Luck forces it deep too, sometimes even when he shouldnt be. And he does throw behind his recievers, but it happens 1/10th as much as Mallets off target throws, and when he is off target its by a much smaller margin. Mallets balls go flying over players heads (please try and tell me you havent seen that 3-4 times a game from Mallet) and are sometimes even intercepted by safeties 10yards deeper than his WR, Or its insanely short like last night, or that one he tried to throw away and it still landed in bounds!!! :w00t: That was hilarious. Meanwhile Lucks off target throws are on teh WRs back hip instead of leading him :rolleyes: . ILucks worst pattern is the fade route (which IMO is the stupidest pattern ever, especially in college) which is routinely 2-3 yards short and sometimes inside.

I dont like Luck and dislike mallet for some mysterious reasons. Ive watched both these guys and there is a reason I really like one and dont want the other at all. I am completely unbiased when it comes to college football.

Maybe BC in overtime they ran the ball three times and settled for a 38 yrd FG? Then in the second OT he threw a dump off pass that happened to score a TD

O and lets not forget that in regulation, it was Miss St that came abck to tie, as Ark was up.

Mallet didnt have to carry his team to a win at the end of the gaem tonight...rose colored glasses?

Listen to Petrino after the Game...He said they were going to run the Ball 3 times and Kick the FG to win because he loves the Kicker...That's all...period...end of story...He was not going to chance anything going wrong...He was shocked the Kicker missed...He said they went back to their normal, aggressive Offense after that and gave credit to Mallett for reading the hot on the TD pass...

Rose colored glasses? I'd say the Mallett detractors around here give the Kid no credit whatsoever...Even holding him accountable for Coaching decisions that clearly had nothing to do with his play or ability...If you don't like Mallett fine...But implying that what Petrino did in the 1st OT is some kind of knock on Mallett...well...that's is a complete joke... B-)

Listen to Petrino after the Game...He said they were going to run the Ball 3 times and Kick the FG to win because he loves the Kicker...That's all...period...end of story...He was not going to chance anything going wrong...He was shocked the Kicker missed...He said they went back to their normal, aggressive Offense after that and gave credit to Mallett for reading the hot on the TD pass...

Rose colored glasses? I'd say the Mallett detractors around here give the Kid no credit whatsoever...Even holding him accountable for Coaching decisions that clearly had nothing to do with his play or ability...If you don't like Mallett fine...But implying that what Petrino did in the 1st OT is some kind of knock on Mallett...well...that's is a complete joke... B-)

I wasnt discrediting Mallet bc of the playcalling, I was simply stating he wasnt asked to win the game. Nothign more, nothign less

So in the end you think Mallet is too scattered arm and are sticking to it.

You're welcome to that opinion but you're in the super minority

He does misfire but not to the extend you're portraying and I believe the misfires are 2/10th more than Luck.

Crimini has a second round grade?

Another reason to try and trade down. If we could get Von Miller at the end of the 1st and Crimini in the beginning of the second. And grab an extra second and third in the process. It would be a freaking dream come true.

Wow, Petrino thinks so highly of Mallett that instead of giving him a shot to win the games, they run in right up the middle three times and let the KICKER try and win the game... :lol:

TOUCHHHHHDOWWWWNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN ARKANSASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pretty good game! Not exactly a showcase for Mallett, but he got the win...of course, it was another team he was supposed to beat, so nothing really special. But we're getting closer to the next time he'll be tested by a team that is equal or better....we'll see how he does! Maybe he can finally win a big game?

Forrest Gump had faster feet than we think, too.

Again, I think youre a little overboard here.

#21 ranked, SEC Division Rival Miss St is a game they are just "SUPPOSED" to win?!? If that's really the case then Arkansas should be ranked 4th instead of Boise St.

The kid threw for the winning OT TD, so after a coaching mistake of going conservative, they smartend up and put it in his hands for the win.

You're right about one thing, it wasnt exactly a showcase game for him since 17/26 305yds 11.7avg 3TD 1INT is actually a pretty common, if not low, stat line. I guess he'll have a really good game once he passes for 500 yards... :rolleyes: