Ryan Mallett Sucks - Exhibit A: Aaron Murray

ajzepp

So in the end you think Mallet is too scattered arm and are sticking to it.

You're welcome to that opinion but you're in the super minority

He does misfire but not to the extend you're portraying and I believe the misfires are 2/10th more than Luck.

Crimini has a second round grade?Another reason to try and trade down. If we could get Von Miller at the end of the 1st and Crimini in the beginning of the second. And grab an extra second and third in the process. It would be a freaking dream come true.

Thats ok with me, I was in the super minority saying Locker stunk and j Russel was worth maybe a 7th round pick, although I think plenty of people see Mallets accuracy issues and are very scared.

Are you talking about Gabe Carimi the T from Wisconsin? I love how he plays mean and nasty but I think his feet arnt the ebst. I could see him being a late 2nd maybe even a third rounder.

Edited by Thoner7

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you talking about Gabe Carimi the T from Wisconsin? I love how he plays mean and nasty but I think his feet arnt the ebst. I could see him being a late 2nd maybe even a third rounder.

This would be an amazing scenario since that means he'd be there for our second pick. IMO, he'll go in the mid-first round.

Who are the other top rated Tackles coming out this year? I havent really heard of many others. Strange year this year without all the usual love for the trench guys.

I'm not sold on Mallet. I don't like that whenever I see him on TV, he doesn't seem to complete many "tough" passes - by "tough", I mean passes that have to be fit into tight spaces, or timing passes. His release seems to be a bit slow, and he doesn't seem to have good pocket awareness. Lastly, he seems to be a bit of a whiner - aside from that, there are concerns about his character.

Maybe he'll ultimately be a franchise QB in NFL, but I'm not sure that I want the Bills spending a high 1st rounder on him.

This would be an amazing scenario since that means he'd be there for our second pick. IMO, he'll go in the mid-first round.

Who are the other top rated Tackles coming out this year? I havent really heard of many others. Strange year this year without all the usual love for the trench guys.

I really cant see Carimi going in the 1st.

But this is a abd year for top tier T as all of them are second teir I think - I havent seen Costanza the BC kid who is highly touted though. But between Love/Soldier/Sherrod/Carimi I can only see 1 going in the first and thats Love. And I think he will be over drafted bc its such a bad year for top teir LTs.

If Love fell to our two that would be awesome. Carimi will be the 2nd or third off the board I think, depending on how good the BC guy really is.

Listen to Petrino after the Game...He said they were going to run the Ball 3 times and Kick the FG to win because he loves the Kicker...That's all...period...end of story...He was not going to chance anything going wrong...He was shocked the Kicker missed...He said they went back to their normal, aggressive Offense after that and gave credit to Mallett for reading the hot on the TD pass...

Rose colored glasses? I'd say the Mallett detractors around here give the Kid no credit whatsoever...Even holding him accountable for Coaching decisions that clearly had nothing to do with his play or ability...If you don't like Mallett fine...But implying that what Petrino did in the 1st OT is some kind of knock on Mallett...well...that's is a complete joke... B-)

As is just about any opinion from Thoner7 :rolleyes:

Murray is awesome, I agree. But he is a freshman and as such the Bills have absolutely no chance of signing him, unless we manage to still be among the worst teams in the league in 2-3 years.

Murray is good I agree, but he has nothing to do with Mallett. And he has a WR named AJ Green- You may have heard of him- Who is an absolute beast, and catches the ball no matter where its thrown.

And i dont call a 4-5 record clutch either.

Except for the first four games of the season while AJ Green was suspended, where Murray was still unbelievably impressive as a freshman QB.

Listen to Petrino after the Game...He said they were going to run the Ball 3 times and Kick the FG to win because he loves the Kicker...That's all...period...end of story...He was not going to chance anything going wrong...He was shocked the Kicker missed...He said they went back to their normal, aggressive Offense after that and gave credit to Mallett for reading the hot on the TD pass...

Rose colored glasses? I'd say the Mallett detractors around here give the Kid no credit whatsoever...Even holding him accountable for Coaching decisions that clearly had nothing to do with his play or ability...If you don't like Mallett fine...But implying that what Petrino did in the 1st OT is some kind of knock on Mallett...well...that's is a complete joke... B-)

Listen to Petrino?? As in BOBBY Petrino? The COACH? What the heck do you THINK he's gonna say after the game? And you make fun of some of MY arguments? :doh:

Again, I think youre a little overboard here.

#21 ranked, SEC Division Rival Miss St is a game they are just "SUPPOSED" to win?!? If that's really the case then Arkansas should be ranked 4th instead of Boise St.

The kid threw for the winning OT TD, so after a coaching mistake of going conservative, they smartend up and put it in his hands for the win.

You're right about one thing, it wasnt exactly a showcase game for him since 17/26 305yds 11.7avg 3TD 1INT is actually a pretty common, if not low, stat line. I guess he'll have a really good game once he passes for 500 yards... :rolleyes:

Come on, dude...those last two TD passes weren't due to some great pass by Mallett. He made two simple passes to open players who did 90% of the work themselves. I'm sure Mallett must have better examples of how precise and accurate his arm is than plays where he basically dumps the ball off or completes a dink pass over the middle.

And yes, in college ball you are most definitely supposed to beat the 21st ranked team when you are talking SEC championship and/or having the best offense in alllllllll of college football.

did you happen to watch ark/miss st @ MS st last night?

Didn't see a single play, nope. :rolleyes:

If Mallet sucks so bad how come he keeps winning and usually throw around the 300 yard mark each game and 2 or more TD's ???

I'm not seeing what you are . Sure he may have to improve in some areas especially in the NFL but the kid ain't as much of a hack as your saying !! But the Murray kid has looked good when i have seen him play !

He wins the games he's supposed to win, and he goes AWOL in the bigger games. I have yet to have anyone show me any time he's beat a team in a big game? The only game I've heard mentioned is the S.Carolina game, but even that wasn't really an upset and it was also the Knile Davis show. He went 0-13 on third downs in his bowl game last year, even though they won in spite of that...he goes into the fetal position against Bama twice in two years...let's see what he does THIS year when it's time for him to really step up.

Listen to Petrino?? As in BOBBY Petrino? The COACH? What the heck do you THINK he's gonna say after the game? And you make fun of some of MY arguments? :doh:

Seriously dude you can be a bit insufferable...

I said listen to him as in watch the freaking Press Conference and you'll understand he was gonna run it 3 times and Kick the FG because he LOVES their Kicker...I would not have mattered if they had God at QB, that was what he was going to do...It had nothing to do with Mallett...

Like I said I can understand if you don't like Mallett as an NFL Prospect...That is a valid discussion...But saying Petrino did not Pass in that situation because he has no confidence in Mallett is complete fantasy...It's a figment of your imagination brought on by your obsession to hate a Kid who, no matter what kind of NFL QB he ends up being, you are GREATLY under-valuing as a College QB... B-)

I said listen to him as in watch the freaking Press Conference and you'll understand he was gonna run it 3 times and Kick the FG because he LOVES their Kicker...I would not have mattered if they had God at QB, that was what he was going to do...It had nothing to do with Mallett...

Like I said I can understand if you don't like Mallett as an NFL Prospect...That is a valid discussion...But saying Petrino did not Pass in that situation because he has no confidence in Mallett is complete fantasy...It's a figment of your imagination brought on by your obsession to hate a Kid who, no matter what kind of NFL QB he ends up being, you are GREATLY under-valuing as a College QB... B-)

I just ignored that one because any coach is going to play it safe and kick the FG to win. If they have confidence in their Kicker, its a no brainer.

I don't hate anyone, man. I don't know Ryan Mallett personally and never will. Some of you guys are taking this a bit too seriously, IMO. It's just a message board discussion/debate...it's not life or death for gosh sakes.

All I can say about the OT thing is that there is never, ever, EVER a time when a kicker....a FRESHMAN kicker...is the person I'd rely on to win a game, especially one you were supposed to win, and where you had a LOT more to lose than you had to gain. I want my best player(s) handling the ball, and I want to win or lose with those guys - not a kicker. A 39-yd FG is not a gimmie. You don't just run three times straight up the middle, planning all along to rely on ur kicker to win the game. Why would you not let Mallett take a shot on 3rd down instead of a third pointless run at the heart of the defense? If the pass is errant then you're pretty much in the same spot you would have been anyway and you can still let the little kicker try to win it for you. It makes no sense.

I just ignored that one because any coach is going to play it safe and kick the FG to win. If they have confidence in their Kicker, its a no brainer.

How can you ever have confidence in a KICKER, let alone a FRESHMAN?? Would you take issue with the Bills if they purposely relied on a rookie kicker to win a game instead of giving the ball to one of our playmakers at least once during the series??

Edited by ajzepp