Buddy Nix Radio Interview

BuffaloWest

Not sure if this was posted yesterday. Here is an interview with Nix from XX Sports Talk 1090 in San Diego with Darren Smith. Nothing groundbreaking here but interesting to hear from Nix just the same.

Can't help but feeling for sports talk fans in Buffalo....They just cannot get any Bills personnel on WGR with any insight into the organization...Same goes for The Buffalo News. It is embarrassing.

Interesting note. Prior to this interview with Nix, a member of the San Diego Padres strength and conditioning team was on with Darren Smith. He had just got off the stranded Carnival Cruise ship that was towed into San Diego Bay. He made a point to mention prior to the end of his interview about the boat experience that he was from Buffalo, and aware that Nix was coming up nex. He asked that they tell Nix that he stll believes! Pretty cool, and they do send his regards to Buddy at the end of this interview...

http://www.xxsportsradio.com/common/global_audio/40/23890.mp3

Unless we have the opportunity to draft Andrew Luck...

SD was forced into that deal because Eli did not want to go there...The Bills could EASILY be forced into the same type of thing with Luck...

Honestly, a few extra Picks and still coming away with Ryan Mallett would be fine by me...Especially if an extra #1 in 2012 was included in the package... B-)

Edited by KOKBILLS

I love how Buddy considers Toronto "On the road" LOL.

Ya I noticed that as well, he also said 'best player available' at their draft pick. So who knows if they pick QB or something else.

Where is Billy Ray and Scott and the hacksaw in all of this.

I don't listen to AM radio anymore, but isn't Hacksaw on 690 ?

I like Buddy. I think hes determined to do it his way and he doesnt care what other people think. I wouldnt call him arrogant by any means but he seems very confident in his plan. I was as skeptical as any of you with the decisions that were made not to draft a QB or OT (Wang not withstanding). However, I dont see any of the guys that were available to them lighting it up. Clausen is not doing well. McCoy is getting some hype...Bulaga is starting at RT due to injury and Davis is starting at RT but for a team no better than ours.... I know theres some FA's we could've signed but whats the point in signing a guy who will be past his prime by the time we are a viable playoff team? I don't know just some thoughts......

Interesting that this feels like an interview that the Buffalo radio media could never get.

Nix definitely believes in his "playmaker" and BPA philosophy. I'm excited to see where we're going to go over the next couple years.

I'm looking forward to putting the jersey on tomorrow!

Annnnd the best part of the interview is at the end - dude on the stranded cruise ship still believes in the Bills. Irony or metaphor?

Edited by Heitz

Buddy NIx also said back at his hiring PC that the team wasn't that far away. I'll believe Nix when he delivers that baby he promised, but until then, it's all words that apparently some fans actually hang onto. It's a 0-8 team outscored an average of 10 points per that can't figure out which defense to run, has a #1 pick getting 8 touches per game, and is 20M+ under what they spent last year.

Sometimes I wish the Bills front office would get stranded on a cruise ship, RW included, out in the middle of the Pacific.

I love how Buddy considers Toronto "On the road" LOL.

It is F'in road game,... Neutral site at best.

I like Buddy. I think hes determined to do it his way and he doesnt care what other people think. I wouldnt call him arrogant by any means but he seems very confident in his plan. I was as skeptical as any of you with the decisions that were made not to draft a QB or OT (Wang not withstanding). However, I dont see any of the guys that were available to them lighting it up. Clausen is not doing well. McCoy is getting some hype...Bulaga is starting at RT due to injury and Davis is starting at RT but for a team no better than ours.... I know theres some FA's we could've signed but whats the point in signing a guy who will be past his prime by the time we are a viable playoff team? I don't know just some thoughts......

Yeah but we dont use F'in Spiller.... I loved the pick,.... maybe we are saving him,... so he wont get worn out......

Why draft him if we dont play him?

It is F'in road game,... Neutral site at best.

Yeah but we dont use F'in Spiller.... I loved the pick,.... maybe we are saving him,... so he wont get worn out......

Why draft him if we dont play him?

because he gets eaten up on the off time he runs between the tackles, and is a huge liability in pass protection. i am far less upset by the amount of touches he is getting, and more upset with the way he carries the ball and reads plays