Can the secondary please help win a game?

zow2

All i know is that the Ravens, Chiefs and Bears secondaries all stepped up and helped win them the game these last 3 weeks. How about ours making a play? They had 28 INTs last year. What the hell happened?

You know why. Dick Jauron was the ultimate DB coach. That'swhy we are seeing the drop off in ints.

Some of you have clearly never played football?

How do you expect a secondary to win a game when the opposing quarterbacks are having lunch behind the line of scrimmage with every drop back?

I mean have you watched our pass rush lately

Did you see the one pass they counted 6.5 seconds Cutler had to find someone. INT's are directly related to sacks and QB pressures.

What's the question again??

Please tell me that's a mis-print. Please. I don't care if you lie to me, just tell me that we NEVER gave a QB 6.5 seconds to pass. Please!

And the problem is made so much worse by our inability to stop the run.

Our DBs don't have a prayer. And when they DO get that rare opportunity, they drop the ball.

6.5 seconds? Really?

GO BILLS!!!

Edited by K-9

Zero pass rush. Even the commentators noticed this, showing a counter where Cutler had 6.38 seconds to throw. No one can cover that long. QBs have to be pressure into INTs. They don't just throw them. They have to be hit, sacked, rushed, pushed out of the pocket, forced to throw off their back foot, on the run, before they're ready. The defense sucks up and down, but the front seven is the problem. We have no pass rush. At all. And that's the real problem.

All i know is that the Ravens, Chiefs and Bears secondaries all stepped up and helped win them the game these last 3 weeks. How about ours making a play? They had 28 INTs last year. What the hell happened?

Easy. No pass rush. Even when we blitz we fail get pressure.

No excuse for dropping the few interception opportunities that we have but the DBs hold up well considering opposimng QBs have all day.

Who knows what's changed. Same guys, no picks and when one appears to be coming our way, it's dropped.

But, to ask for less Fitz complaints, like respect for the Bills, that will come when he finds ways to win a game instead of throwing his multiple picks in the 4th, which has been the case more often than not. His inconsistent accuracy is more than fair game as well.

we've had several clear dropped int's this season (whitner and scott come to mind)..sometimes int's are partialy luck (being at the right place at the right time in a tipped ball for example)..but ya, we need to step it up all around on D..Kyle Williams is hands-down our only bright spot on D.