Luck supporters get used to Mallett~

TH3

The Billies are going to win a game here - probably next week. Carolina is going to lose out. Bills probably won't have the first pick....Bulldog is going to have to be put in a padded room.

I like Mallett too.

Edited by baskin

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I keep trying - so far to no avail - to tell the Luck-lovers that they've got it skewed - they seem to want the Bills to continue losing every game this season so we can draft Andrew Luck. The problem is, Andy's staying at Stanford next year.

Luck-lovers, what the Bills REALLY need to do is not only continue to lose every game this season (just to protect our draft interests on the extreme long shot that Luck comes out this year), but also lose every game next season - when Luck does finally graduate and enter the draft.

That way, we'll have the first pick and our choice of Andy Luck OR - even better yet - Darron Thomas, who will make Luck-lovers forget all about Andy and throw him on the giant scrap-pile of TSW QBs-du-jour! :rolleyes:

:flirt:Mullet won't go in the top 8 selections.

We'll see...It's WAY too early to assume that, especially if you've actually watched Mallett play...The questions with Mallett are mostly off the field and in the Film room...And none of those questions have been proven yet...Based on the way he plays, if Mallett interviewed well and had the reputation that Luck has, it would be a heck of a battle between the 2 of them for #1 Overall...And it still may turn out to be...So let's wait and see what happens...I see a lot of folks assuming Mallett is stupid, or a pot head, or a meth head, blah, blah, blah...But on most Saturdays the Kid goes out and puts up big numbers against SEC competition and makes it look pretty easy...His arm is made for Buffalo winters...So I would not be so quick to write him off as a potential #1 or #2 Overall just yet... B-)

The Billies are going to win a game here - probably next week. Carolina is going to lose out. Bills probably won't have the first pick....Bulldog is going to have to be put in a padded room.

I like Mallett too.

Bu..but...but Carolina already has the 'greatest, most NFL-ready QB to ever come out of the draft' - last season's draft-darling and TSW's former-favorite QB-du-jour...

Jimmy 'The Emu' Clausen

Edited by The Senator

I like Mallett too.

That is correct not because of the reason you're giving but because Luck will be playing for Stanford in 2011

:flirt:Mullet won't go in the top 8 selections.

Thats just a silly statement. If Mallet declares he is likely a top 16 pick.

I keep trying - so far to no avail - to tell the Luck-lovers that they've got it skewed - they seem to want the Bills to continue losing every game this season so we can draft Andrew Luck. The problem is, Andy's staying at Stanford next year.

Luck-lovers, what the Bills REALLY need to do is not only continue to lose every game this season (just to protect our draft interests on the extreme long shot that Luck comes out this year), but also lose every game next season - when Luck does finally graduate and enter the draft.

That way, we'll have the first pick and our choice of Andy Luck OR - even better yet - Darron Thomas, who will make Luck-lovers forget all about Andy and throw him on the giant scrap-pile of TSW QBs-du-jour! :rolleyes:

You don't know with any more certainty than the "Luck-lovers" what Andrew Luck will do. There have been reports both that he is staying and that he is leaving.

You don't know with any more certainty than the "Luck-lovers" what Andrew Luck will do. There have been reports both that he is staying and that he is leaving.

Exactly. At the very least the whole thing will be up in the air if Harbaugh leaves Stanford and we won't know about that for a few months now.

This team is 0-8 for a number of reasons, one of the most important of which is a lack of talent. The main way of adding talent is through the draft. A pick early in the first round is worth more than a pick later in the first. Getting early draft picks is a good way for the Bills to solve their underlying problem (lack of talent) rather than merely masking its symptoms (by getting a few meaningless wins).

An 0-16 or 1-15 record gets us a better, more valuable pick than the 8-8 record for which you are rooting. The first overall pick is worth 3000 points; the 16th overall pick is worth just 1000 points. Your proposed strategy would gut 2/3 of the value of the Bills' first round pick in exchange for eight meaningless wins. You'd also be reducing the value of the Bills' picks in rounds 2 - 7, albeit to a lesser degree.

If the Bills go 0-16 this year, two things would have to happen for the Bills to miss out on Luck. First, he'd have to wait a year before entering the NFL draft. That is far from being a certainty, especially considering the very real possibility of a new, much lower rookie cap. Secondly, the labor dispute would have to get resolved quickly enough to allow football in 2011. That too is very far from being a certainty! But even if both those things happen, an 0-16 or 1-15 record still gets the Bills an opportunity to draft a front seven player very early! The last time the Bills took a front seven player first overall, he turned out to be Bruce Smith. More generally, you'd expect a player taken in the top-5 of the draft to be an elite difference-maker, which is exactly what this team needs!

This team is 0-8 for a number of reasons, one of the most important of which is a lack of talent. The main way of adding talent is through the draft. A pick early in the first round is worth more than a pick later in the first. Getting early draft picks is a good way for the Bills to solve their underlying problem (lack of talent) rather than merely masking its symptoms (by getting a few meaningless wins).

An 0-16 or 1-15 record gets us a better, more valuable pick than the 8-8 record for which you are rooting. The first overall pick is worth 3000 points; the 16th overall pick is worth just 1000 points. Your proposed strategy would gut 2/3 of the value of the Bills' first round pick in exchange for eight meaningless wins. You'd also be reducing the value of the Bills' picks in rounds 2 - 7, albeit to a lesser degree.

If the Bills go 0-16 this year, two things would have to happen for the Bills to miss out on Luck. First, he'd have to wait a year before entering the NFL draft. That is far from being a certainty, especially considering the very real possibility of a new, much lower rookie cap. Secondly, the labor dispute would have to get resolved quickly enough to allow football in 2011. That too is very far from being a certainty! But even if both those things happen, an 0-16 or 1-15 record still gets the Bills an opportunity to draft a front seven player very early! The last time the Bills took a front seven player first overall, he turned out to be Bruce Smith. More generally, you'd expect a player taken in the top-5 of the draft to be an elite difference-maker, which is exactly what this team needs!

If the new CBA gets done before the old one expires, it will include a rookie cap and it will apply to this year's draft.

I would expect any top 10 (or 11) player in the draft to be an elite difference maker.

Oh well....

Well,

I guess my topic starter logic was this....for better or worse I was on the NYS Thruway listening to the game...then Dope and his Lapdog. Bulldog and the morning boys (well Jeremey - who now wants the Bills to tank games) seem to have strapped the blinders on....if we don't end up with Andrew Luck sometime next April you might as well pull the plug on life itself - and as well - a solid year of talking about A Luck on the radio will have gone to waste.

Well - I think their is a higher probability that the Bills won't have the #1 pick as Carolina and others seem to valid chances - and the Bills lose the SOS factor in any tie.

Shoot - if Mallett is a #2 and Bills get him in the Second round....that would be good. I watched a couple of Arkansas games and my limited scouting ability leaves me to believe he will be a solid player on Sundays.

If Mallett isn't the number two QB - who is?

Also - I did look at player rankings and Luck isn't even close to being rated the number one player in the draft.

Boy that Mike Williams sure was a 'difference-maker'. :doh:

Try telling the professional athletes on the Bills roster and their coaches that they shouldn';t mind losing, but rather should want to lose because they'll get a better draft pick. The draft is what it is - we'll get a good players in every round if our F.O. staff do their jobs well.

Only misguided idiots want their team to lose on Sundays. :wallbash:

GO BILLSSS!!!!

8 and 8, baby!!!!! B-)

Bu..but...but Carolina already has the 'greatest, most NFL-ready QB to ever come out of the draft' - last season's draft-darling and TSW's former-favorite QB-du-jour...

Jimmy 'The Emu' Clausen

How great Clausen is isn't the point. The point is it would make no sense for them to draft a potential franchise QB two straight years. I would be stunned if they go QB with their first pick no matter who comes out of college.

Edited by Talley56