Lets Build Around Fitz!

AF88Bills

If Fitz is just a backup caliber then 20 other starting QBs in the league are too! The guy is legit with no running game and a below average OL. He had multiple drops today from WRs with balls on the money. The guy will take chances and make throws and threw the ball over 50 times and people are getting on him for that? Do you people remember the QB play we have had for 10 years until Fitz the past 4 weeks?

FYI, no rookie is coming in and playing anywhere near 50% of what Fitz has played.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure, why not. I am starting to like this winless thing anyway....

If Fitz is just a backup caliber then 20 other starting QBs in the league are too! The guy is legit with no running game and a below average OL. He had multiple drops today from WRs with balls on the money. The guy will take chances and make throws and threw the ball over 50 times and people are getting on him for that? Do you people remember the QB play we have had for 10 years until Fitz the past 4 weeks?

FYI, no rookie is coming in and playing anywhere near 50% of what Fitz has played.

Are you forgetting the key turnovers that Fitz had, which played a huge role in us losing the last 4 weeks?

A great QB would have won those 4, an average wins 2, and a bad QB wins 0.

I admire Fitz for the job he's done but I feel like he's a microcosm of the team, he's a fighter, you want to root for him but he just doesn't have enough talent. I like his moxie but he's not good enough to be a starter on a good team and isn't that what we hope to one day be? Someone needs to tell him Roscoe Parrish is 5'9 at best, and throws balls to him like he's 6'3. How many times has he hit a WR in stride in his number?They always have to reach high or low for the ball. The screen passes are atrocious, how many balls has he one-hopped? And he's always been good for a crucial interception since before he got to the Bills. Don't get me wrong the team is better now than they were with Edwards no question but people are getting excited about average quarter back play (hard to blame you its been awhile for even average play) Please don't site quarter back rating stats after a handful of games, JP finished in the top ten in rating one year he's out of the league. Trent was floated as an MVP candidate by Peter King (blowhard)and other national outlets and no one wants him back. As Raheem Morris says stats are for losers show me the W.I like Fitz but he's a back up and no more, hey there is nothing wrong with being Frank Reich.

Edited by BigDaddyBills

I disagre.

I think the last drive clearly shows that while we have a solid backup quarterback, we don't have someone who is going to bring this team to the next level. Simply put, Fitz is too inconsistent. He throws some nice passes into some tough spots but then misses open guys with throws that sail on him or he just puts in the wrong place (too low, behind the receiver, etc.).

What bothers me most is that for the second week in a row with the game within reach he destructed. Last week it was that weird ball slipping out of his hand without even being hit and missing a wide open Spiller, and this week I think Fitz was responsible for the last 3 incompletions down the stretch and the horrible ball that sailed on him and got picked to seal the game. I like Fitz, but I honestly think the guy's a choker and I think that's something that's hard to shed - and something a team that can't shake the stink of losing can ill afford.

I just watched Peyton Manning choke & throw an interception against the Eagles to blow the game. Honestly, I can't see the Colts being able to build a team around this guy.

I think today was another example of how we've got some solid building blocks for the future. Today Fitz showed how he's a solid QB that can carry this franchise into the future with a few additional pieces. I believe he's also to keep getting better with more game experience because of the continuity with Gailey. I would argue that the Bills have a solid complement of skill players, but have neglected the trenches for too long. If I had my druthers, I'd look to the highest rated tackle next year, or D-Lineman with their first round pick. Thoughts?

The people who are blaming Ryan Fitzpatrick as the reason why we're losing these games need to seriously give up watching football and replace it with Dancing with the Stars. What's the real reason we aren't winning games? Our defense has 1 interception in 8 games.

There are only two QBs in this league that could be as perfect as the fans here are asking Fitzpatrick to be. We all know who they are and those two are first ballot Hall of Famers. Right now, what we have is a 2011 top ten QB who's still getting better. Unfortunately the baby-like fans can't help throwing their tantrums after close losses. Try throwing the tantrum at the the real culprit which is an anemic defense and a putrid running game.

I will admit... i hated on fitz last season, i really thought trent was going to do it this year, practice, he looked amazing, and i hated on fitz saying we should of cut him. But i was really wrong. I believe we shouldnt even drafter a QB till about 3rd round. Our oline needs help big time, also... that so called "defense". I was talking to my pops about how bad our d is. Why did we even cut perry? I think perry and chan... that would of been amazing. Our offense will win games, only if our D decides to actually play.

Im happy with fitz and that big head of his full of harvard knowledge. GO BILLS

Fitz is not accurate enough to be a franchise QB. I'm sorry, but thems the facts. Even the balls he completes the WRs are adjusting to the ball meaning they aren't able to put up YAC consistently. One out of every 5 passes he puts on the money. That's not good enough. Fans who want to "build around him" aren't seeing the forest through the trees.

This team has been so bad for so long that even mediocrity appears to be the second coming. Fitz isn't a Franchise QB and that is what this team needs above all else. Period. He's a fine backup. He's played better than I thought he was capable of. But he's too inconsistent to be THE building block for this team.

If a Franchise QB is there in Round 1 when the Bills are on the clock, and there should be more than one available considering the depth and quality of passers coming out this season from college, the Bills have to take him. Doesn't mean the kid has to start next season, let Fitz do that ... but if they pass on a QB this team is dooming itself to another 10 years of futility.

I am with Fitz. He should be the starting Qb on this team for a few years if not 10-12. Dude is a great game manager, he is extremely in tune with what the defenses are trying to do and how to counter that action with his offenese. He makes quick decisions, and few mistakes. 31-51 for 299 TD 2INT is a really good day in the NFL, especially for a guy with no line and no run game. I think Buddy and Chan would be absolute idiots to not take the top 3-4 Pass Rusher or the top LT in this year's draft. Protect Fitz with Bell on the RT and your #1 LT and then get some freaking pass rush and some turnovers. If they do that and some players pan out (Moats, Coleman) lose some bums (McCargo, Torbor, Ayodele, All LBs except Poz and maybe Merriman) we could really be a dark horse for the WC next season behind Fitz.

Need i remind everyone that we are 0-8.

Also last week when we were going to win the game the ball slips out of his hands and he throws a pick, which eventually lost us the game. I cannot count the times where the ball has sailed and gone astray on Fitz. He is incredibly inaccurate. Yea he is on a good run right now, but if you take a long hard look at this team we need a Franchise QB, and I do not think Fitz is that guy.

Fitz= nice backup but not the guy who will take you to the promised land. End of discussion.

Awesome point. :thumbdown:

Fitz is so close to be legit but unfortunately he has proven time and time and time and time again that he makes that crucial mistake in the 4th. He is fun to watch though!

Choking is letting that ball slip like you're some sort of 8 year old girl who doesn't know how to throw a football. Choking is also having open receivers and not putting the ball anywhere near where they can catch it with the game on the line. I admire that the Bills have been in close games against good teams on the road, but I'm not giving Fitz a pass - he has had opportunities to be the hero and has done zip with it - that's choking.

So tell me: last week on the road, the 4 yard touchdown pass to Steve Johnson with 2:23 to go, a touchdown that capped off a 83 yard fourth quarter drive, that was...?

Need i remind everyone that we are 0-8.

Also last week when we were going to win the game the ball slips out of his hands and he throws a pick, which eventually lost us the game. I cannot count the times where the ball has sailed and gone astray on Fitz. He is incredibly inaccurate. Yea he is on a good run right now, but if you take a long hard look at this team we need a Franchise QB, and I do not think Fitz is that guy.

Incredibly inaccurate? Really? As in chronically inaccurate? Like he never makes good throws? This is the player who has 13 TD's and 7 INT's in 6 games, a 2.8% INT rate and damn near 60% completion percentage? Incredibly inaccurate you say?

I just watched Peyton Manning choke & throw an interception against the Eagles to blow the game. Honestly, I can't see the Colts being able to build a team around this guy.

I was just about to post this. :thumbsup:

It is a little difficult to put balls "on the money" when you have a pass rusher bearing down on you consistantly......

I just dont get fans sometimes.....they want that shiny new toy.

I have no problem beleiving Luck is gonna be a very good QB....but he would not be a very good QB HERE WITH THIS PROTECTION....anyboy who thinks Luck would look better out the gate then Fitz is looking right now is seriously deluding themselves...

HOWEVER

Fitz isn't the reason why we are losing the games....he is converting tough 3rd downs and scoring points.

The good thing is fans are not running the team and Gailey loves Fitz.....he isn't gonna bench him because he is growing comfortable with him. Chan can easily look to the

Lack of Running game

Lack of protection

Lack of turnovers

Lack of pass rush

As reasons for losing games....and he wont rock the boat in an area that is the most stable on this team now.

Awesome point. :thumbdown:

So tell me: last week on the road, the 4 yard touchdown pass to Steve Johnson with 2:23 to go, a touchdown that capped off a 83 yard fourth quarter drive, that was...?

Incredibly inaccurate? Really? As in chronically inaccurate? Like he never makes good throws? This is the player who has 13 TD's and 7 INT's in 6 games, a 2.8% INT rate and damn near 60% completion percentage? Incredibly inaccurate you say?

So tell me later in that game when we are driving for the winning score, wide open receiver in the middle of the field and FItz throws the ball 15 feet over his head for the interception.

He has had numerous chances to when the game is on the line and has not performed.

Below is a list of the pass defenses we have faced this year and their ranks. We have faced only 1 top 10 defense and 2 inside the top 15. The stats do not look that impressive in that light.

Rk Team

10 Baltimore Ravens

14 Miami Dolphins

16 Green Bay Packers

17 New York Jets

19 Chicago Bears

22 Kansas City Chiefs

28 Jacksonville Jaguars

30 New England Patriots

I'm REALLY confused by some of the stuff I read about Fitz on this Board...So if you say you don't think Fitz is a Franchise QB you know nothing about Football now? Okey doke...Once again I see folks taking things to the extreme here when in actuality the answers are somewhere in the middle...

All the Fitz love in the world is not going to change the fact that The Bills WILL Draft Luck, and probably Mallett too, if they get the chance...I'm telling Y'all you can pretty much take that to the bank...Beyond that, if for some reason those 2 go before Buffalo picks, The Bills will more than likely Draft a QB within the 1st 3 rounds in the 2011 Draft regardless of what Fitz does or has done...It will be the smart thing to do by the way...

Fitz is definitely doing a decent job...MUCH better that than I thought he would...Still he has physical limitations...The Bills are looking to put a new face on this Franchise and it will not be Ryan Fitzpatrick...At least not long-term it wont...That does not mean Fitz sucks or anything of the sort...I think it's pretty obvious Fitz has more than earned the right to be here and mentor whatever Kid they bring in...Chances are no matter who The Bills Draft Fitz will be the starting QB the first Game of the 2011 Season...Still, that does not mean they're passing on Luck if he comes out...There's no way that's going to happen... B-)

I don't get all this "Franchise QB" talk. How good do you think Ben Roth would look on this team? How about Mark Sanchez? Lets put Jay Cutler behind center and see how great he looks with this offense.

Fitz isn't a franchise QB b/c sometimes the ball sails high on him. LOL. 136 for 227, 1499yds, 13td & 7int in 6 games...tom brady in 8 games: 166 of 261, 1826, 14td, 4int...pretty similar numbers with two fewer games. What would you be saying if a rookie or second year QB was putting up Fitz's numbers? You'd probably be singing his praises...but b/c Fitz wasn't drafted 1 overall, he's not a franchise QB, regardless of his great performance on a horrible team. ya, his ball sails high at times, just like the other 31 QB's in this league.

I don't get all this "Franchise QB" talk. How good do you think Ben Roth would look on this team? How about Mark Sanchez? Lets put Jay Cutler behind center and see how great he looks with this offense.

Fitz isn't a franchise QB b/c sometimes the ball sails high on him. LOL. 136 for 227, 1499yds, 13td & 7int in 6 games...tom brady in 8 games: 166 of 261, 1826, 14td, 4int...pretty similar numbers with two fewer games. What would you be saying if a rookie or second year QB was putting up Fitz's numbers? You'd probably be singing his praises...but b/c Fitz wasn't drafted 1 overall, he's not a franchise QB, regardless of his great performance on a horrible team. ya, his ball sails high at times, just like the other 31 QB's in this league.

I'm not sure if being Roth, Sanchez or Cutler is good enough, to be honest. The rest of the team isn't very good, so we basically need one of the holy grail sorts of QBs.

He's performing well. Probably on the good side of average at the very least. But he isn't performing well enough to overcome the rest of the team, and his own mistakes.

He's likely back to the bench next year... which is a shame, because I feel like we need other positions more.

Guys, it's not like a bunch of people are hating on Fitz. Most of us are happy to have him on the team, myself included. But for this team to really turn into a powerhouse, we'll need a QB with superior tools. The good news is, with Fitz here we won't have to start that guy day 1. But that guy will have to come with a very high 1st round pick, sorry, but that's the facts jack.

When Fits starts actually winning some games when it's on the line (he's certainly had has chances), you be sure to let me know.

That's the difference between Fit z and Peyton - Peyton is, often times, the hero and Fitz isn't. One guy has a Super Bowl Ring and will be a first ballot hall of famer, the other will be an offensive quality control coach for the Cleveland Browns 3 years from now.