Bills/Toronto headed for a season split!?

1) PTR is legit and is pretty much always right...

2) When the series is done, I see the Rogers group renewing their contract, but for additional games...Only receiving an extra game per Regular Season (2 games), including a 3rd game every preseason.

3) By the time the contract is renewed, the NFL will probably be at 18 regular season games!

-STUDNET

Word around town

1 false

2 true

3 true

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2) When the series is done, I see the Rogers group renewing their contract, but for additional games...Only receiving an extra game per Regular Season (2 games), including a 3rd game every preseason.

-STUDNET

When you get hustled by a 90 old man who makes a killing on the first absurd loser deal for you your next response is to make another ludicrous deal so you can lose even more money. Sure makes sense to me.

If the Bills move north I will find another team to support. It is as simple as that. The cranky owner can make whatever arrangements he wants for the team after his passing. I'm not going to worry about what I can't control.

This is another stupid doomsday thread. Until there is something in the works to move the team, just relax. Oh woe is us is very tedious. It does no good to speculate on something that noone knows anything about. Let's just wait and see what happens. If they decide to move, then there is nothing anyone can do about it anyway, so what good does it do to worry about it? And if they don't move, you have wasted all of this time worrying about something that didn't happen.

I believe that there are more Billionaires in Western NY then one would think. I met one awhile back and wont disclose who, but they are just that. Only Problem is they are Browns fans. But if I can run into one, I bet theres bound to be more. One with a liking for the Bills. Gota be. All hope is not lost. Jim Kelly pretty much guaranteed he had a group. Trumps a fan. Who knows. We cant loose our team. It would ruin Western NY.

You have to think long term here. You have L.A. sniffing for a team. Rogers probably has a handshake deal with Ralph to buy the team. Now the Rogers Centre is barely passable for an NFL stadium but who's to say they don't try to build new one down the road? Plus I think the NFL would like to avoid the black eye of moving another franchise like the Bills, one that still gets good support.

A deal like this sends a message to L.A. that the Bills are spoken for. Then it will probably bee a slow transition to a new stadium in Canada. Tickets will be more expensive but current season ticket holders will be given the chance of buying. End result is the Bills won't be in Buffalo but won't be so far away that you couldn't see a game if you wanted to. It sucks but it's not like WNY has any white knight billionaires ready to ride in and save the team.

PTR

So much misinformation in one post.

There is no LA team. No Stadium. Nobody, not even a Canadian businessman, would be dumb enough to buy more Bills games when he's already hemorrhaging after his last DeLorean purchase. The secondary markets are offering these tickets for 40 bucks and likely will take less. And, after buying the team, Rogers is going "try to" to drop 400-500 million for a new stadium?

The Bills get such good support in Buffalo, that the League would allow them to move to Toronto, where they can't even sell out a baseball stadium? That makes sense.

Holy cow! Hey, Jim-Kelly's-secret-investors-gonna-buy-the-Bills posters-----step in now to end this madness!

This is another stupid doomsday thread. Until there is something in the works to move the team, just relax. Oh woe is us is very tedious. It does no good to speculate on something that noone knows anything about. Let's just wait and see what happens. If they decide to move, then there is nothing anyone can do about it anyway, so what good does it do to worry about it? And if they don't move, you have wasted all of this time worrying about something that didn't happen.

i am just glad the thread is properly in context, worded, with proper heading.. i originally started a thread about the subject, but apparently it had a misleading heading and was critiqued because of it. sure glad that kind of stuff is so strongly emphasized on here .. not surprising that TG left, JW left,WAY TOO MANY caustic jackasses on here more interested in trying to be the hip smug guy..

You're right. Easy decision for me......GOODBYE.

Have some friggin pride in yourself.

Nah, sorry about that comment. It should be directed at Ralph. Have some friggin pride in yourself Ralph. It's Buffalo's team, not Toronto. If you want it to be Toronto's team, have some nuts and move it there, otherwise quit fuggin with everyone and just move it.

what a stupid ignorant comment

So much misinformation in one post.

There is no LA team. No Stadium. Nobody, not even a Canadian businessman, would be dumb enough to buy more Bills games when he's already hemorrhaging after his last DeLorean purchase. The secondary markets are offering these tickets for 40 bucks and likely will take less. And, after buying the team, Rogers is going "try to" to drop 400-500 million for a new stadium?

The Bills get such good support in Buffalo, that the League would allow them to move to Toronto, where they can't even sell out a baseball stadium? That makes sense.

Holy cow! Hey, Jim-Kelly's-secret-investors-gonna-buy-the-Bills posters-----step in now to end this madness!

Thanks Mr. WEO...beat me to the punch. Don't forget about this gem though:

It sucks but it's not like WNY has any white knight billionaires ready to ride in and save the team.

So, did Jeremy Jacobs die or did he just not fit in with your agenda??

And yet again.....here is an excerpt from one of my previous posts regarding Jacobs:

"I don't understand why so many people discredit Jeremy Jacobs as a potential buyer. Currently, his net worth would place him 4th highest among NFL owners, surpassing even Jerry Jones. While Jacobs hasn't been the most popular man in Boston, he has a proven track record of maximizing revenue as an owner, and from a purely investment standpoint, it wouldn't be a bad move on his part. While Delaware North is already the current concession vendor of the Buffalo Bills, as the owner of the Bills he would get a much greater return through concessions, and I'm sure he would be able to increase suite sales as well.

The man has made a killing off the Boston Bruins, from his ownership of the team to the selling of concessions and his stake in the New England Sports Network, he has a proven track record of success though his investments in sports. Not to mention, the past couples of years have shown that Jacobs is investing more and more into new ventures, and is not one to merely rest on his laurels."

The NFL is all about making money. They've seen the failure this series has brought, and know that moving or creating more games in Toronto would only lose the great, money making fan base they already have in WNY. Won't happen, I don't understand the worry.

Edited by bills1960

The Bills will be right here in Buffalo, playing the majority (at least 7) of their home games in a WNY stadium, long after the Rogers Communications empire and stadium lies in crumbled ruins.

And Ralph Wilson will, as long as he's sucking air, keep right on establishing that Toronto is a major part of the Bills market, thus ensuring that any entity that tries to establish an NFL team there will owe the Bills a very $$$ hefty $$$ annuity/perpetuity.

And 'Chicken Littles' will - every time some media outlet breaks a story about the Bills moving more games or the entire franchise (based on nothing other than speculation and/or complete fabrication) - continue to yell, "THE SKY IS FALLING!!!!" :wallbash:

Edited by The Senator

I dont know how they keep tricking themselves into thinking that its a good idea having a team there. The games that are there either barely sell out or dont sell out, and the crowds at the games are completely lifeless, yet they still insist on continuing it, even wanting more than half of the home games there!

so ridiculous. Unless of course the plan is to have Rogers buy the team after ralph, move the team to toronto, and share a couple games a year with us. Which is even more stupid IMO

It's pretty obnoxious to think that you can build a passionate fan base in three losing seasons...

If Roger's vice chairman Phil Lind gets his way, we'll split our regular season schedule! Perfect timing with this quote considering we are playing this weekend in Toronto and we're still not happy about it after 3 years!

http://www.salon.com/wires/sports/11/05/D9JA48Q00_fbn_bills_in_toronto/

Is this Ralph's big plan for saving our franchise...split time between two cities as Green Bay did before they made the permanent leap to Lambeau?

I would have a hard time staying a loyal fan if I had to share my team with another city.

Thoughts?

Even with the team 0-7 I still plan on keeping season tickets. If that A-hole wilson puts another game in toronto I quit. Its time for a new owner. Ralph get out now, no one wants you here.

once again, for the bijillionth time, if this franchise doesnt find a way to get toronto companies to buy boxes in bflo then this team is gaan

- luxury boxes are what bring in the biggest money for nfl teams

- you could double the price of regular tickets and sell out every game forever and it still wouldnt be enough to keep this team here

- bflo simply does not have enough large corporations to get what they need for their boxes with just bflo companies

- even if you include rochester, there still arent enough corporate customers to keep the team here (hence the toronto campaign)

- by having games played in toronto you can force toronto companies to buy boxes in bflo if they want to have one in toronto

ive said for almost ten years now i expect this team to leave sooner rather than later if they dont figure this out; thus, i would begrudgingly accept up to half the games being played in toronto

listen numnuts, you better damn well get 100% behind this toronto partnership. you have no choice if you want a team in bflo AT ALL. if this partnership fails this team is GAAN. so you better damn well pray they continue to have games in hoserland, and most likely more than one regular game per season

reading over these posts im sure it feels great to beat your chest and demand ralph get out of toronto

hows that gonna feel in five years when theres no team here at all?

once again, for the bijillionth time, if this franchise doesnt find a way to get toronto companies to buy boxes in bflo then this team is gaan

- luxury boxes are what bring in the biggest money for nfl teams

- you could double the price of regular tickets and sell out every game forever and it still wouldnt be enough to keep this team here

- bflo simply does not have enough large corporations to get what they need for their boxes with just bflo companies

- even if you include rochester, there still arent enough corporate customers to keep the team here (hence the toronto campaign)

- by having games played in toronto you can force toronto companies to buy boxes in bflo if they want to have one in toronto

ive said for almost ten years now i expect this team to leave sooner rather than later if they dont figure this out; thus, i would begrudgingly accept up to half the games being played in toronto

listen numnuts, you better damn well get 100% behind this toronto partnership. you have no choice if you want a team in bflo AT ALL. if this partnership fails this team is GAAN. so you better damn well pray they continue to have games in hoserland, and most likely more than one regular game per season

reading over these posts im sure it feels great to beat your chest and demand ralph get out of toronto

hows that gonna feel in five years when theres no team here at all?

Agreed. One thing that it seems a lot of people are saying is that they are fans of the buffalo bills, not of football particularly. I don't think this civic pride on this thread will be near as important as the posters think.

A) the team is already regionalized. I don't see Rochester, Syracuse etc... Refusing to attend this "buffalo" event. The same will come from Toronto.

B) most of us love football. Having access to it will still be a privilege. I have season tix to a team that is not "my team" because I love the sights, sounds, the experience.

C) the people stomping there feet about this just aren't the targeted fan base. You are high maintenance, hard to please, and do not generate much revenue. Even if you have seasons, buy concessions, and a fresh jersey every year... That corporate box makes more money in one game. That's not an insult to you, but from the standpoint of keeping the team, sadly, you are not the priority, and odds are, 10 years from now you will be a viewer regardless.