SI's Jeff Pearlman should be ashamed.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I really did not think the article was all that bad. If someone were to ask me what is it like here in winter, I would tell them "Cold, windy and snowy"

Really, do you also tell them the food and the people suck. I've never heard either one before:

"San Diego and Buffalo are pretty much the same," says Mathison, laughing. "I'm sure Shawne will barely pick up the differences."

Like?

"Like the culture," says Mathison. "And the people. And the food. And the weather. Otherwise, they're like twin cities."

Eff you, Bruce Mathison. He was so happy to carry a clipboard in the sun and is upset when he became a starter on an NFL team because it was cold out. I've never read an article like this - where they are glorifying being the great life of an insurance salesman, and putting down the life of a starting NFL quarterback.

No wonder you sucked, Bruce.

It is a snarky piece meant to be-little a city with a losing sports team and bad weather. He thinks just because we don't have the massive ego of NYC or San Diego that we aren't worth even being on a map. He is trying to be funny by taking an irrelevant player who was released and signed by the Bills a long time ago and creating this illusion that Buffalo is a harsh wasteland that is only appreciated by the crude and unruly natives.

Most of all, I'm pretty sure this dude is a real tool who thinks he's funny. Not to me. I'm sure this clown couldn't get Jimbo or Thurm on the horn for a true taste of Buffalo. Of course, their endorsement of the city would kill his theme that Buffalo is Losertown, USA.

Plus he wrote a book about the Cowboys according to his website. He is the Loser my friends. :thumbdown:

Edited by tbonestake

Really, do you also tell them the food and the people suck. I've never heard either one before:

"San Diego and Buffalo are pretty much the same," says Mathison, laughing. "I'm sure Shawne will barely pick up the differences."

Like?

"Like the culture," says Mathison. "And the people. And the food. And the weather. Otherwise, they're like twin cities."

Eff you, Bruce Mathison. He was so happy to carry a clipboard in the sun and is upset when he became a starter on an NFL team because it was cold out. I've never read an article like this - where they are glorifying being the great life of an insurance salesman, and putting down the life of a starting NFL quarterback.

No wonder you sucked, Bruce.

Huh?

Missed that part. Let me go back and read that again.......

.......nope. Still don't see it.

Edited by Mr. WEO

Pearlman, as a writer, ranks with Mathison as a football player. Mathison was indeed a very bad football player. He had his chance and he did not take advantage of it. Content to sit on his brians with his girlie flip flops on and watch Dan Fouts. And that is worthy of a story?

Jack Kemp had the same circumstance and produced with much different results.

Oh man that was great!

It's been at least 3 days since I've read an article that mentions how it is cold in Buffalo. I'm glad to see high quality journalists and bloggers aren't letting that story die. The cold truth needs to be known!

:rolleyes:

It is a snarky piece meant to be-little a city with a losing sports team and bad weather. He thinks just because we don't have the massive ego of NYC or San Diego that we aren't worth even being on a map. He is trying to be funny by taking an irrelevant player who was released and signed by the Bills a long time ago and creating this illusion that Buffalo is a harsh wasteland that is only appreciated by the crude and unruly natives.

Most of all, I'm pretty sure this dude is a real tool who thinks he's funny. Not to me. I'm sure this clown couldn't get Jimbo or Thurm on the horn for a true taste of Buffalo. Of course, their endorsement of the city would kill his theme that Buffalo is Losertown, USA.

Plus he wrote a book about the Cowboys according to his website. He is the Loser my friends. :thumbdown:

I don't see anything so terrible. He's right, Buffalo is a cold place and a small town compared to San Diego. Hard to argue differently.

I don't much like what Mathison had to say, though.

Huh?

Missed that part. Let me go back and read that again.......

.......nope. Still don't see it.

Try it one more time...They introduce Mathison as having this great life in sunny Phoenix as a salesman, and it's even greater given the living hell he went through being a starting NFL QB in Buffalo.

Yeah, we all grew up dreaming to be insurance agents in Phoenix! Not starting QBs in the NFL!

Buffalo is a toilet pretty much in every way compared to San Diego.

If you have spent any time in SD it is difficult to disagree.

You're quickly distinguishing yourself as one of the bigger !@#$s on the forum.

Or you're just trolling. Either way, you make me long for the return of the ignore button.

Pearlman, as a writer, ranks with Mathison as a football player. Mathison was indeed a very bad football player. He had his chance and he did not take advantage of it. Content to sit on his brians with his girlie flip flops on and watch Dan Fouts. And that is worthy of a story?

Jack Kemp had the same circumstance and produced with much different results.

Wow - good call. The Kemp-Mathison comparison is perfect......Of course, all Kemp did was win championships, and become one of the top leaders of our country. But, since it gets cold in Buffalo and DC, his life certainly never achieved the heights of Mathison's since he gets to be a salesman in Phoenix.