Bills run defense

b stein 22

For any of those poz haters this video is for you. He might make some mistakes on the field but, he played a solid game last week. Also Torbor and Kelsey are horrible. This vid shows why.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2010110704/2010/REG9/bears@bills#tab:watch

Its the second one on the list. The title is playbook.

Haha they are literally laughing at the stupidity of Torbor and Kelsay. Wow... I've watched those 2 play, and I new they were bad...but I never realized they were THAT bad! WOW.

For any of those poz haters this video is for you. He might make some mistakes on the field but, he played a solid game last week. Also Torbor and Kelsey are horrible. This vid shows why.

Sharpe also picked on Poz for getting caught up in the middle on the last run play shown, but Kelsay? If he wasn't a Bill, I'd be laughing hysterically. Instead, I'm shaking my head and wondering why was he extended?

At least we did get to see a number of very good plays from Poz.

Edited by Spiderweb

Sharpe also picked on Poz for getting caught up in the middle on the last run play shown, but Kelsay? If he wasn't a Bill, I'd be laughing hysterically. Instead, I'm shaking my head and wondering why was he extended?

Why they ever drafted him is a mystery to me. I never thought he was any better than Denny. In fact, I thought Denny was a better, more disciplined player. Kelsay looks like a chicken with its head cut off out there. He must have Chuck Lester's photo album. That's the only explanation I can think of as to why he's on the team - and was extended. He's freakishly bad.

I was surprise Poz had 18tackles 17of them was 10yards from the line of scrimmage but a tackle is a tackle.. I can't understand why not one word was mention on Williams clearly he was the most dominate player out there on this squad, he got beat up on a few double teams but had a stellar game other then that.. To watch Kelsay is straight brain torture, Gailey and the entire staff will always be garbage to me until they respect the fact this guy is atrocious!

It makes me sick thinking if Buddy wasn't napping at the beginning of FA this year, we could have offered big $$$ to both Peppers and Dansby. Plus adding Merriman now. We would be doing much better than where we are now. But the front 7 is a joke. We basically need 5 new starters there going into the 2011 season. We need 2 DEs and about 3 LBs. Williams and Poz are prob the only starters there worth starting. Hopefully via draft and FA we can get some talent to put some pressure on the QB and opposing OL and help our secondary generate some turnovers. At this point. The Bills should dedicate the majority of the 2011 draft to the Defense.

I was surprise Poz had 18tackles 17of them was 10yards from the line of scrimmage but a tackle is a tackle.. I can't understand why not one word was mention on Williams clearly he was the most dominate player out there on this squad, he got beat up on a few double teams but had a stellar game other then that.. To watch Kelsay is straight brain torture, Gailey and the entire staff will always be garbage to me until they respect the fact this guy is atrocious!

I thought Poz was very good in that game. He actually made 5-7 tackles in the hole (when it was small enough that he could fill it). Torbor shows why he needs a job every year and Kelsay consistently shows why he should be looking for a job. Maybe, the Bills will just eat the $2M signing bonus and cut Kelsay. How much bad film can one guy possibly produce before Gailey says ENOUGH!! Poz and Moats are the only Bills LBs that should be kept.

It makes me sick thinking if Buddy wasn't napping at the beginning of FA this year, we could have offered big $$$ to both Peppers and Dansby. Plus adding Merriman now. We would be doing much better than where we are now. But the front 7 is a joke. We basically need 5 new starters there going into the 2011 season. We need 2 DEs and about 3 LBs. Williams and Poz are prob the only starters there worth starting. Hopefully via draft and FA we can get some talent to put some pressure on the QB and opposing OL and help our secondary generate some turnovers. At this point. The Bills should dedicate the majority of the 2011 draft to the Defense.

Why would a free agent sign in Buffalo?? The Bills were and are in no position to add a 30+ year old "cherry on top" free agent and all free agents know this.

This pretty much matches what I observed last week. Poz was making plays all over the field, and Kyle Williams was pretty much unblockable.

Kelsay made a lot of tackles last week - of his own guys. I saw him spin himself out of position and then crash into Dwan Edwards not once, not twice, but three separate times. Unreal.

This pretty much matches what I observed last week. Poz was making plays all over the field, and Kyle Williams was pretty much unblockable.

Kelsay made a lot of tackles last week - of his own guys. I saw him spin himself out of position and then crash into Dwan Edwards not once, not twice, but three separate times. Unreal.

Despite this, he was only credited with one assist.

Obviously we have some players that just aren't that good, but I wonder how much of our problems are because they either don't know the system or the system just sucks?

I wish someone would do some reporting / digging into Edwards...

I half expected Torbor to be the Merriman casualty.

Poz has always been very good. He is and ahs been our best tackler for a long time. In coverage he seems to be a half step slow half the time, but covering is not his strength either, and he is adequate. IMO, the people that bash him don’t know what they are looking at really. They notice the many times, like in last weeks game, Poz is/was chasing guys to the sideline as they ran for 7-8 yards and think “Man Poz sucks”. But on a real NFL team the MLB should never be out that wide anyways, as it is the responsibility of every outside defender to force the play back inside to the LB.

What I mean is, If the ball is centered between the hashes, Poz should never had to make a tackle more than a yard or two outside to hashes. If the Ball is on the left hash, Poz should never have to make a tackle outside the right hash or the left number. That’s the main reason Keith Ellison is/was one of the worst OLBs I have ever seen play in my lifetime – He could never force anything inside (he couldn’t cover either but that’s another issue) which resulted in Poz pursuing the runner all over the place, which exposed him as not the most athletic MLB in the NFL, but the very good MLB that is limited in his sideline to sideline athleticism.

Now with Kelsay and Torbor and Maybin at OLB its still just as bad. Poz is a guy who would be so much better with competent teammates.

Poz, Williams and likely Troupe are the only building blocks we have in the front 7. Carrington could turn into something, although it will take time.

Our LBs are truly atrocious. I hope Merriman shows something, but we need at least 2 new starting quality NFL LBs in the offseason.

+1 What he said.

I don't think that was a terrible read by Poz on that play. Left guard sealed off of the inside and Mangold came down on Kyle Williams, sealing off the A gap. It looked like a standard 32 Iso from the get go. It was a nice play, but not one that you see often.

I have been beating this topic to death all year, but our biggest need is OLB. People have been complaining about our entire front 7, but in reality, Davis and Poz are more than capable at ILB, and our front 3 is serviceable at the least.

Anyone who has been watching the games has seen that the majority of big runs have been through the C gap, or runs that are designed to go up the middle and the player bounces the run to the outside. Kelsay and Torbor are always out of position or engaged with a lineman. How many times this year have you seen Kelsay get sucked into the middle only for the run to go to the outside. There isn't a starting OLB linebacker in the NFL who keeps contain as poorly as Kelsay.

With a new DC (yes George Edwards is also a problem), and two above average players at OLB, our D could be middle of the pack.

This is why if Luck doesn't declare, I would rather see the Bills take an impact player at outside, Robert Quinn comes to mind, and then sign Lamarr Woodley. Or if Luck does declare and we pick at 1, then you pick up Luck and Akeem Ayers in the 2nd (assuming he's still there).

Edited by DaBills51

Except Sharpe was wrong about Poz. The FB was leading through the A gap hole, that Pos filled.

When the FB saw Poz in the A Gap, he bounced out off Tackle.

Watch it again. If Pos isn't there there is a Semi-Sized hole right down the Center.

But The Kelsay thing is just amazing.

Serious what the hell was he doing.

There is a CB right next you, why would Kelsay covering B-Edwards is horrible idea any way? WTF?

Look in the backfield! You're a freaking LB why are you chasing a WR from behind.

And Tobor was a joke. Everyone is flowing in one direction and runs and the center. That is sorry.

I like'd that break down by NFL network though.

The Bills are the best 0-7 team in NFL history.

I don't think that was a terrible read by Poz on that play. Left guard sealed off of the inside and Mangold came down on Kyle Williams, sealing off the A gap. It looked like a standard 32 Iso from the get go. It was a nice play, but not one that you see often.

This is why if Luck doesn't declare, I would rather see the Bills take an impact player at outside, Robert Quinn comes to mind, and then sign Lamarr Woodley. Or if Luck does declare and we pick at 1, then you pick up Luck and Akeem Ayers in the 2nd (assuming he's still there).

Thats funny. We both had the same observation, I got distracted on a call so didn't post.

Look in my signature. We agree about that too.

However I disagree with Robert Quinn. He is suspended, and basically will be watching football on a coach for almost a year before the start of the 2011 season. You pass on him with Top 5 pick. If he falls to the second because of off field issues then you grab him, but you don't pay that guy Top 5 money, its a bad bad bad bad move.

Also Luck will be #1 overall Carolina, or the 9ers, or Ills will Take him, its not even in the realm of possibility he falls to the second.

But someone like Ponder could be there in the second, But the focus of the 2011 draft has to be OLB, draft 4 and see if 2 pan out as starters, 1 for depth and 1 for PS. It is a huge hole, the way the O-Line has been playing recently its even higher than the O-Line.

Edited by Levitre + Wang = Wood

Except Sharpe was wrong about Poz. The FB was leading through the A gap hole, that Pos filled.

When the FB saw Poz in the A Gap, he bounced out off Tackle.

Watch it again. If Pos isn't there there is a Semi-Sized hole right down the Center.

But The Kelsay thing is just amazing.

Serious what the hell was he doing.

There is a CB right next you, why would Kelsay covering B-Edwards is horrible idea any way? WTF?

Look in the backfield! You're a freaking LB why are you chasing a WR from behind.

And Tobor was a joke. Everyone is flowing in one direction and runs and the center. That is sorry.

I like'd that break down by NFL network though.

The Bills are the best 0-7 team in NFL history.

It's his patented Wide Receiver Blitz.

You don't see any other DE/OLB in the NFL chasing a WR.