Bills run defense

b stein 22

This video just makes me wonder how bad nix is actually doing right now as GM. Torbor, Green, and Kelsey are all mysteries to me. How could he possibly see talent in these guys????

In the Gailey presser about Merriman, he basically implies that Green has been playing hurt all season.

Not to give Nix a pass, Kelsey is a total mystery to me, too.

That last play of Poz's, its seems to me like He flowed right over the top of a huge hole, then the play was cut backside right to where Kelsay should have been. If Kelsay was a half decent football player he could make the tackle or at least force it back to Poz.

PS: With Poz being a FA this offseason, how com ewe havent made an effort o resign him? He is far and away our best Lber, and they resigned Kelsay. WTF? Like seriously, do they want to go 0-16?

That last play of Poz's, its seems to me like He flowed right over the top of a huge hole, then the play was cut backside right to where Kelsay should have been. If Kelsay was a half decent football player he could make the tackle or at least force it back to Poz.

PS: With Poz being a FA this offseason, how com ewe havent made an effort o resign him? He is far and away our best Lber, and they resigned Kelsay. WTF? Like seriously, do they want to go 0-16?

10 bucks says at the end of the season they will make up some bull **** reason why they did not resign him. Probably the same reason as former bill forgot his name, I know he is a redskin. They will say that he makes to many tackles down the field and then they will dump him. I have no hope for the bills if they do this. This would prove that they want to loose.

I'm unimpressed with Akeem Ayers. After watching him a couple of times, I think he has poor instincts and he's a high tackler. I think Robert Quinn, on the other hand, looked like a beast last year. Having to sit out a year and the fact that he'd be a OLB in our defense and I don't see how Buddy can take him with a top 5 pick.

I'm hoping the stars align and Luck declares and the Bills finish with the first pick. The way the Bills have been playing lately though it's tough to see us finishing worse than the Carolina Panthers. If we both finish with the same record, the Panthers will still beat us for top pick due to our strong SOS, so we must finsh a game below them.

I don't think that was a terrible read by Poz on that play. Left guard sealed off of the inside and Mangold came down on Kyle Williams, sealing off the A gap. It looked like a standard 32 Iso from the get go. It was a nice play, but not one that you see often.

I have been beating this topic to death all year, but our biggest need is OLB. People have been complaining about our entire front 7, but in reality, Davis and Poz are more than capable at ILB, and our front 3 is serviceable at the least.

Anyone who has been watching the games has seen that the majority of big runs have been through the C gap, or runs that are designed to go up the middle and the player bounces the run to the outside. Kelsay and Torbor are always out of position or engaged with a lineman. How many times this year have you seen Kelsay get sucked into the middle only for the run to go to the outside. There isn't a starting OLB linebacker in the NFL who keeps contain as poorly as Kelsay.

With a new DC (yes George Edwards is also a problem), and two above average players at OLB, our D could be middle of the pack.

This is why if Luck doesn't declare, I would rather see the Bills take an impact player at outside, Robert Quinn comes to mind, and then sign Lamarr Woodley. Or if Luck does declare and we pick at 1, then you pick up Luck and Akeem Ayers in the 2nd (assuming he's still there).

Honestly Sharpe was right on all counts.

His basic points were that the Bills defenders play them selves out of position.

Kelsey literally ran away from the play. Though Poz had one of his better outings how many

times have we seen this over the years. We won't bring up the poor tackling.

When broken down on the film our guys just look stupid, unable to read a play real time.

Torbor, Kelsey and Poz need to be upgraded in the off season for us to stop the run.

Hopefully we can resign Merriman. He should be totally healthly next year. He adds speed to the outside and can shed blocks.

Something we are not good at now.

10 bucks says at the end of the season they will make up some bull **** reason why they did not resign him. Probably the same reason as former bill forgot his name, I know he is a redskin. They will say that he makes to many tackles down the field and then they will dump him. I have no hope for the bills if they do this. This would prove that they want to loose.

Clearly not a Poz fan here and he does make too many tackles down field and is a weak tackler but with that being said I think he is better than Kelsey..but not much. Not sure how Kelsey got the bucks, Poz needs to talk to Kelsey's agent.

For us to get better at LB we need to clean house.

I don't think that was a terrible read by Poz on that play. Left guard sealed off of the inside and Mangold came down on Kyle Williams, sealing off the A gap. It looked like a standard 32 Iso from the get go. It was a nice play, but not one that you see often.

I have been beating this topic to death all year, but our biggest need is OLB. People have been complaining about our entire front 7, but in reality, Davis and Poz are more than capable at ILB, and our front 3 is serviceable at the least.

Anyone who has been watching the games has seen that the majority of big runs have been through the C gap, or runs that are designed to go up the middle and the player bounces the run to the outside. Kelsay and Torbor are always out of position or engaged with a lineman. How many times this year have you seen Kelsay get sucked into the middle only for the run to go to the outside. There isn't a starting OLB linebacker in the NFL who keeps contain as poorly as Kelsay.

With a new DC (yes George Edwards is also a problem), and two above average players at OLB, our D could be middle of the pack.

This is why if Luck doesn't declare, I would rather see the Bills take an impact player at outside, Robert Quinn comes to mind, and then sign Lamarr Woodley. Or if Luck does declare and we pick at 1, then you pick up Luck and Akeem Ayers in the 2nd (assuming he's still there).

you are correct that big runs are thru the C gap.

not sure how this isn't the inside backers responsibility, other than that ruins your defense of POZ 

on most of those plays that Theesman praised POZ, he took the wrong angle and arrived too late to make the tackle behind the line

always the case with POZ - takes the wrong angle and is too slow to make up the ground to make any play other than dragging down the RB after a gain.

you are correct that big runs are thru the C gap.

not sure how this isn't the inside backers responsibility, other than that ruins your defense of POZ

Not sure how you don't understand that the outside linebacker is generally responisble for the C and/or D gap. If you don't know this already I'm not gonna waste too much of my time arguing with you.

Like a DE in a 4-3, on most plays, an OLB in a 3-4 is responsible for contain....something that Kelsay failed to do on the one play in the video.

You may wanna check out this link:

http://football.abou...football101.htm

Edited by DaBills51