Facebook Account "Temporarily Suspended"

Spun

Not that I ever used the account a whole lot but I got locked out of my Facebook account a few weeks ago with seemingly no way back in. I sent an e-mail to a friend with a link to a news site and after I hit send, my account was shut down. I read over the web about how others have had similar concerns but with no clearcut solutions. The Facebook "Security Team" said that they suspected suspicious activity. I was using Mozilla Firefox which somehow is a negative with Facebook. Facebook suggested a solution of sending text messages or codes to a phone but that didn't work.

Is there anybody out there with similar experinces and hopefully solutions? Facebook has become very large (too large) so my attempts to reach them went flat.

I did try searching throughout the Stadium Wall Forums for similar stories but nothing came up for me.

Any help would be appreciated!

Same thing happened to me, and I'm still not back on yet. Pretty much just gave up on it since I don't use it much. I got removed for "spamming", changed my password and got back on for a day or two and was kicked off again.

Truly love this. I refuse to get Facebook for myself. They shut down real peoples accounts all the time. Thousands of people get their names hacked. Thousands more create pages in memory of people or causes and in turn thousands have several "troll" names to troll. There is a website, I will say ebaums (but it's not), that I enjoy going to to watch the utter chaos. That Facebook is so slow to respond to these concerns it is hilarious. Either way, give it a year and Facebook will be well beyond it's climax and give it 3 years and it will only be a joke and go the way of AOL. (insert AOL voice's "goodbye.")

▲ ▲

Edited by jboyst62

Not that I ever used the account a whole lot but I got locked out of my Facebook account a few weeks ago with seemingly no way back in. I sent an e-mail to a friend with a link to a news site and after I hit send, my account was shut down. I read over the web about how others have had similar concerns but with no clearcut solutions. The Facebook "Security Team" said that they suspected suspicious activity. I was using Mozilla Firefox which somehow is a negative with Facebook. Facebook suggested a solution of sending text messages or codes to a phone but that didn't work.

Is there anybody out there with similar experinces and hopefully solutions? Facebook has become very large (too large) so my attempts to reach them went flat.

I did try searching throughout the Stadium Wall Forums for similar stories but nothing came up for me.

Any help would be appreciated!

Send them an email at customer service about your account being suspended. They will look into it and if it was a mistake (which it usually is) they will reinstate your account. It happened to my son a couple of weeks ago and his account was available again within a day after he contacted them.

• 2 weeks later...

After over a month of down time my account was finally re-activated. I sent numerous e-mails from different links with no response. Finally, right after I considered sending a letter via snail mail, I received an e-mail with an apology and word that I was back on board. There is life on the other side! The way that I connected was through an e-mail link that was for those who were "Disabled - Fake Name". Although my name is legit, this route seemed to get their attention.‏

I still don't see myself using Facebook very much although I do like how I can receive news links from my usual sources on one site.

Thank you all for responding and helping!

After over a month of down time my account was finally re-activated. I sent numerous e-mails from different links with no response. Finally, right after I considered sending a letter via snail mail, I received an e-mail with an apology and word that I was back on board. There is life on the other side! The way that I connected was through an e-mail link that was for those who were "Disabled - Fake Name". Although my name is legit, this route seemed to get their attention.‏

I still don't see myself using Facebook very much although I do like how I can receive news links from my usual sources on one site.

Thank you all for responding and helping!

If that's all you're using Facebook for, you can just get an RSS reader.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RSS

Great. Got to thinking that I never deactivated my old AOL account.

Took a while, but I logged in to see I had 615 old messages.

I'm still going through deleting them, and while doing so I came across this beaut:

Hello Dear, I am Ms Favor Uzoka. A computer scientist with central bank of Nigeria. I am 26 years old, just started work with C.B.N. I came across your file which was marked X and your released disk painted RED, I took time to study it and found out that you have paid VIRTUALLY all fees and certificate but the fund has not been release to you. The most annoying thing is that they cannot tell you the truth that on no account wills they ever release the fund to you; instead they let you spend money unnecessarily. I do not intend to work here all the days of my life, I can release this fund to you if you can certify me of my security, and how I can run away from this Nigeria if I do this, because if I don't run away from this country after I made the transfer, I will be Seriously in trouble and my life will be in danger. Please this is like a Mafia setting in Nigeria; you may not understand it because you are not a Nigerian. The only thing I will need to release this fund is a special HARD DISK we call it HD120 GIG. I will buy two of it, recopy your information, destroy the previous one, and punch the computer to reflect in your bank within 24 banking hours. I will clean up the tracer and destroy your file, after which I will run away from Nigeria to meet with you. If you are interested. Do get in touch with me immediately, You should send to me your convenient tell/fax numbers for easy communications and also re confirm your banking details, so that there won't be any mistake. for phone converstion,please call me on +234-807-676-6856 Regards, Ms Favor Uzoka

Oh goody! Look, another one:

06/08/2010

Dear Sir.

I am happy to inform you about my success in getting those funds transferred under the cooperation of a new partner from United Arab Emirate DUBAI).Presently I am in Portugal for investment projects with my own Part of the total sum.

I m writing to thank you, for your past efforts and attempts to assist me in transacting those funds out of South Africa despite that it failed us some how.Now contact my secretary in south Africa his name is Mr. Anthony Muvango .

Email:-
tmuvango@gala.net

tmuvango@live.co.za

Tel:+27 73 844 1296

Fax:+27 866 47 7495

Contact him and ask him to send you the total of USD%1.356.000.00{ One Million Three Hundred And Fifty-Six Thousand United states Dollars} which I kept for your past efforts and attempts to assist me in this matter.

I appreciated your efforts very much. Kindly get in touch with my Secretary Mr. Anthony Muvango and instruct him where to send the amount to you with these needed information.

1.Full Name:

2.Contact Address:

3.Tel:

4 :Country:

5.Occupation

6..Sex/Age:

At the moment, I am very busy with my investment projects in Portugal which I and the new partner are having at hand, finally, remember that instructions has being given to my former secretary on your behalf, So feel

free and get in touch with Mr.Anthony Muvango he will send the amount to you with out any delay through the financial Institution /Bank In South Africa.

Regards.

Edited by Nanker

I'm still going through deleting them, and while doing so I came across this beaut:

Hello Dear, I am Ms Favor Uzoka. A computer scientist with central bank of Nigeria. I am 26 years old, just started work with C.B.N. I came across your file which was marked X and your released disk painted RED, I took time to study it and found out that you have paid VIRTUALLY all fees and certificate but the fund has not been release to you. The most annoying thing is that they cannot tell you the truth that on no account wills they ever release the fund to you; instead they let you spend money unnecessarily. I do not intend to work here all the days of my life, I can release this fund to you if you can certify me of my security, and how I can run away from this Nigeria if I do this, because if I don't run away from this country after I made the transfer, I will be Seriously in trouble and my life will be in danger. Please this is like a Mafia setting in Nigeria; you may not understand it because you are not a Nigerian. The only thing I will need to release this fund is a special HARD DISK we call it HD120 GIG. I will buy two of it, recopy your information, destroy the previous one, and punch the computer to reflect in your bank within 24 banking hours. I will clean up the tracer and destroy your file, after which I will run away from Nigeria to meet with you. If you are interested. Do get in touch with me immediately, You should send to me your convenient tell/fax numbers for easy communications and also re confirm your banking details, so that there won't be any mistake. for phone converstion,please call me on +234-807-676-6856 Regards, Ms Favor Uzoka

Sounds legit to me. Is it to late to send him your banking info?

Man. This IS my lucky day.

I hit the trifecta!

I'm Mr.Patrick Chan, Director of Hang Seng Bank.I'm contacting you regarding a 42 million dollarsbusiness proposal I have for you. For details,please contact me privately at
Thank you

Some people have all the luck. Your going to be a freakin millionaire! I wish I had your friends!

.... The only thing I will need to release this fund is a special HARD DISK we call it HD120 GIG. I will buy two of it, recopy your information, destroy the previous one, and punch the computer to reflect in your bank within 24 banking hours.

I think this is your best deal, should be able to get a couple 120Gig drives for $10 now.