Official Unofficial Super Post BiPartisan Election Thread

Seems to be a big win for the GOP in the House... Of course they will spin it that way... And rightly so! More power to 'em.

Yet... Take a close look at alot of races... And they are razor thin.

Interesting and fascinating, IMO to say the least.

Were do we go from here... Gridlock?

Absolutely. A hell-bound train is not "progress". Stopping one is though.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE6A22LH20101103

"In most states, legislatures will be redrawing electoral districts for the House of Representatives in Washington -- an adjustment of boundaries every 10 years that tends to favor the party in charge of each state house. The big Republican Party wins at the state level give it the edge in reinforcing its strength in the U.S. House.

Republicans saw a net gain of at least 500 seats, giving them control of chambers in states such as Alabama, Indiana, Iowa, Maine, Minnesota, Michigan, New Hampshire, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin, the NCSL reported.

In the South, Republicans will control 18 of 28 chambers, Storey said. Alabama's legislative election marked the first time Republicans will head both chambers since reconstruction. In North Carolina, Republicans have not controlled the state Senate since 1870, according to the NCSL.

Storey said probably five more chambers remain in play, including the New York Senate." (Karen Pierog - Reuters)

I hope so too. Just like the Democrats have worked with the Republicans the last few years.

They all blow smoke up the voters butt. Hell one week ago Boehner said no way would he compromise, etc. Last night, let's all try to work together.

What I take from yesterday is that New York and California are the crackhead states of the union. Jerry Brown? Andrew Cuomo? Yeah, good luck with that.

Cuomo is a reasonable candidate (and the only reasonable choice among the given alternatives).

Brown? :lol:

There was a lot of anger at the incumbants... I even voted to hand my district back over to the Republicans. Still the Senate is at least 50-50. At least things like health care won't get repealed.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Health care wasn't going to get repealed based on this election anyway. That's after November 6, 2012. :thumbsup:

No, Bridgeport, CT.

Polls managed to stay open an extra two hours in the only place with a heavy concentration of blacks in the CT 4th district. :rolleyes:

Apparently they printed only 21,000 ballots for a city with 68,000 voters. Morons. It's going to be a mess because whoever loses will contest the results. :rolleyes:

What I take from yesterday is that New York and California are the crackhead states of the union. Jerry Brown? Andrew Cuomo? Yeah, good luck with that.

The definition of insanity is... :rolleyes:

Health care wasn't going to get repealed based on this election anyway. That's after November 6, 2012. :thumbsup:

Apparently they printed only 21,000 ballots for a city with 68,000 voters. Morons. It's going to be a mess because whoever loses will contest the results. :rolleyes:

The definition of insanity is... :rolleyes:

Good luck with Palin. :rolleyes:

They did try. The Republicans kept thinking they were the majority party during negotiations and never offered any compromises.

Geez, did someone leave the TV on MSBNC.

Note to conner and your progressive friends; you had full control of the WH and both houses of Congress. You didn't need GOP compromise. All you needed to do was get up every morning and pass whatever the hell you damn well pleased. And that is exactly what you did, resulting in the headache you have today.

But you keep telling yourself that last night's historic election was a repudiation of GOP obstructionism. :lol::lol:

Geez, did someone leave the TV on MSBNC.

Note to conner and your progressive friends; you had full control of the WH and both houses of Congress. You didn't need GOP compromise. All you needed to do was get up every morning and pass whatever the hell you damn well pleased. And that is exactly what you did, resulting in the headache you have today.

But you keep telling yourself that last night's historic election was a repudiation of GOP obstructionism. :lol::lol:

Fact of the matter is that anything and everything the Democrats wanted to pass there was a GOP spokesperson there saying "No" that idea is bad, etc. Also saying Democrats are not including, Obama or whomever reaches across the aisle... Republican answer after, No or crickets. Granted Democrats should have been more united and passed more.

Now the Republicans have gained control of the House, will have (sick feeling) Boehner as Speaker. Now if they truly have the American people and progress in mind they will have no choice but to reach across the aisle. Same goes for Democrats.

Well that is true. They weren't labeled the Party of No without a reason.

I think it's pretty obvious that it wasn't just the "Party of No" but the "Country of No". That is exactly what last nights elections was ALL about, the country saying "NO".

I think it's pretty obvious that it wasn't just the "Party of No" but the "Country of No". That is exactly what last nights elections was ALL about, the country saying "NO".

I think it was the country of dumb asses being duped by Republicans 2.0 (Tea Party)

Fact of the matter is that anything and everything the Democrats wanted to pass there was a GOP spokesperson there saying "No" that idea is bad, etc. Also saying Democrats are not including, Obama or whomever reaches across the aisle... Republican answer after, No or crickets. Granted Democrats should have been more united and passed more.

Now the Republicans have gained control of the House, will have (sick feeling) Boehner as Speaker. Now if they truly have the American people and progress in mind they will have no choice but to reach across the aisle. Same goes for Democrats.

Anything and everything the Dems tried to do for the last two years was ridiculous. This "let's work together" bull **** is only useful if you have a common goal, which they clearly did not. The Dems want ever expanding government control (Funny how no matter how much govt they get, it's never enough) and the Republicans [presumably] want less. Not much of a common goal there.

Being the "pary of no" is the first thing Republicans have done in the better part of 10 yrs that I've been happy about. And go along to get along politics is for the spineless jellyfish who want to coast through and hopefully get reelected on name recognition by not ruffling any feathers. If the shoe was on the other foot I think you'd be ok with "NO".