Losman not giving up...

brenty

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry if someone posted this... but losman worked out with redskins... I will laugh if they pick him up.

I really feel bad for this guy, strike out after strike out. I kinda have a small small small part of me that would like to see him get picked up, and dumped again.

oh well

GO BILLS!

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81bcf50b/article/former-raiders-qb-russell-works-out-for-redskins?module=HP_headlines

It's really to bad the guy has a gun for an arm it's just that he has trouble reading defenses .

He had no trouble at all with the long ball while in Buffalo it just looked like he was stuck on Evans all the time and couldn't make a decision past him.

It's to bad i thought he was our answer for a time & he has the arm just not the it factor !!!

Edited by T master

Why would he quit trying? the dude has been playing football his whole life, i doubt he has anything else going for him. Plus will millions in the bank its not like he would want to work a normal job.

I personally hope he fails at whatever he does seeing as he as set this franchise back a decade.

WHY? its not his fault he sucked, not like Trent i hope he gets cut forever but JP was cool and went deep and won some games, its the coaches fault for setting us back using TE as his replacement

WHY? its not his fault he sucked, not like Trent i hope he gets cut forever but JP was cool and went deep and won some games, its the coaches fault for setting us back using TE as his replacement

What did Losman do to gain your approval that Trent failed to do?

you are an arshole and a duch ...i also dont beleive in personal comments but as far as sucking at posting its open season and they are all game...and you just suck

LOL, it's *douche*, douche. If questioning JP's work ethic is too much for you to handle, then buy yourself a cheap pacifier. Let me guess: You own a Losman jersey and still think he should be starting.

The kid was okay. As a guy. Said the right things for the most part. Franchise QB? Not in this universe or any parallel alternate.

Anyone that hates on Losman and wishes him ill will is pretty short-sighted. The dude had the last respectable season for a Bills QB, and gave back to the downtrodden city of Buffalo. Yeah, I wished it worked out differently, but you can't blame him for Ralph's mismanagement and 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round bust year after year.

And screw Vince Wilfork. He set us back a decade. 2009 LV Locomotives rule!

LOL, it's *douche*, douche. If questioning JP's work ethic is too much for you to handle, then buy yourself a cheap pacifier. Let me guess: You own a Losman jersey and still think he should be starting.

The kid was okay. As a guy. Said the right things for the most part. Franchise QB? Not in this universe or any parallel alternate.

To be fair, you didn't comment on him being a franchise QB.

You suggested there is physical proof by way of "articles" that suggest JP had a poor work ethic and attitude.

If that's really true, I'd like for you to link some of this proof - OR - admit these are your personal opinions based off of what you see on TV and read on the interwebnets... otherwise don't bring up "facts" w/o the back-up. Simply say how you feel.

BTW, being cocky is not poor work ethic, but I'll gladly make a list for you of all the "known" cocky players over the last 10-15 years if you'd like. You can then thumb through them and pick out the HOF'ers... :rolleyes:

To be fair, you didn't comment on him being a franchise QB.

You suggested there is physical proof by way of "articles" that suggest JP had a poor work ethic and attitude.

If that's really true, I'd like for you to link some of this proof - OR - admit these are your personal opinions based off of what you see on TV and read on the interwebnets... otherwise don't bring up "facts" w/o the back-up. Simply say how you feel.

BTW, being cocky is not poor work ethic, but I'll gladly make a list for you of all the "known" cocky players over the last 10-15 years if you'd like. You can then thumb through them and pick out the HOF'ers... :rolleyes:

Now in the year 2010, you should know full darn well, and proof and/or truth are not required. It's how well you can spin.

Edited by Spiderweb

You guys seem to forget that like Edwards, Losman was trained by a bunch of buffoons and played in one of the worst schemes in the NFL, look at Chicago and notice how that same Mike Martz scheme is ruining Jay Cutler.

Always thought JP could have been developed better under a decent OC and in a decent system, I hope he gets picked up and learns under Mike Shanahan.

If they sign him, I'll bet Tom Donahoe will say to himself, "That's a great pickup." Just like he said to ESPN when the Jags signed OT Mike Williams, who went on to do nothing for them as he did nothing for us.

Hey, I agree, and nobody SHOULD be making any personal comments about current or former players. But as far as sucking as football players, it's open season and they're all game. BUT, when it comes to a failure of work ethic, then I don't so much mind personal attacks. Because there's no excuse for collecting that kind of money and showing no passion or true intent to do absolutely everything you can to win games. No distractions, football. And many stories had JP being unfocused and cocky - he had no sense for the kind of work it takes to succeed. He thought too highly of himself, and that's often an attribute of the lazy.

work ethic is something JP never lacked...he's a classy guy who tried his best but didn't succeed...anyone who can't wish a guy like that the best needs psychiatric help...the only guys the past decade who put forth a solid effort were Peters, McGahee, and M Williams

I agree. He has talent. I think with proper coaching he could succeed. Awesome of him to keep on trying.

No doubt JP says this to his mirror every morning.

What all the coaches who have evaluated (and dumped or passed on) him no doubt see is a guy with decent athletic ability who doens't think he needs to put in the study time needed (even for the best of the best) to become a competent NFL QB.

He's never going to change.

Personally, I'd like to see him become a pro-bowler, MVP and a Super Bowl champion. He did nothing wrong while in Buffalo, as far as effort and dedication go. I hope he can at least sustain a career in the NFL. I think he deserves it.

This is mostly an embarrassing thread. Grown (maybe not) men (most likely not) wishing failure upon another person they never met because he didn't meet their expectations as a football player.

I assume none of you have any actual real problems in your lives (besides mental illness) that you have the time and desire to put energy into this.