Shawne Merriman: Vote on it

dayman

239 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want the Bills to bring him in?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's a no brainer (bring him in, we have nothing to lose) but I want to see some poll results from the forum.

The shocking things is, the Bills will not bring him in, even those we have first choice, and no reason of why he was not brought in will be made. The Bills front office will act like it never happened.

When Nix was scouting with San Diego did he help scout Merriman? If so I would assume he has more information than some. I would say pick him up in a heartbeat with the way the D has been playing and our talent at LB, but wonder what the conversation would be like about him and if they've had it.

The shocking things is, the Bills will not bring him in, even those we have first choice, and no reason of why he was not brought in will be made. The Bills front office will act like it never happened.

You're assuming that they'll even know he was put on waivers. Maybe if Buddy has the TV on while he's in bed like the start of FA.

Merriman is complete garbage now. Why would you want to add trash to what is a trashy defense already. You guys thinking he is the pro bowler from years ago are nuts. San Diego just cut him because he is finished. His body is breaking down and he will never be the player he was when he was juicing.

Merriman is complete garbage now. Why would you want to add trash to what is a trashy defense already. You guys thinking he is the pro bowler from years ago are nuts. San Diego just cut him because he is finished. His body is breaking down and he will never be the player he was when he was juicing.

So we should assume that a 26 year old guy who has been hurt (and semi-disgraced) but whom was all-world recently can play no better in the future than guys who literally come from the street and have never played a productive down....???? We should assume this so much as to pass on a pick up that is risk free...who cares if it doesn't work out...we lose nothing...???

Makes no sense. Glad you don't run the team. Merriman is done let's develop Maybin!!! Yeah that's the idea....

O really? Bet that! I guarantee to you if we pick him up he will have a sack before any of our linebackers! And if one of them does have a sack, I forgot cause they really stink!

He has not been a top player in several years and has a contract that will expire at the end of the season. If he was signed for 2 or more years, then you sign him. Since his contract expires at the end of the season there is no point in Buffalo making a claim.

Correct me if I'm wrong - and I often am - if he's cut/waived by SD, he no longer has a contract and any team that claims and signs him will be signing him to a new contract, yes?

While Merriman may not be the dominant player he was the first 3 years of his career, he can still be good and certainly a huge upgrade over what is currently on the roster. It would be mind boggling to me if Nix doesn't bring him in. It's a no-brainer.

Edited by Mr. Wonderful

Correct me if I'm wrong - and I often am - if he's cut/waived by SD, he no longer has a contract and any team that claims and signs him will be signing him to a new contract, yes?

If you win the waiver claim you pick up the existing contract. If no team makes a waiver claim then a team could offer him a new deal.