Shawne Merriman: Vote on it

dayman

239 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want the Bills to bring him in?

• Yes
    • No

I'm not his supporter. I don't know one bit if they should pick him up or not, or how much he has left. I hated him, and still do. I was just pointing out some facts and stats that I found interesting. I would have thought his stats went way down, too, after the steroids but they didnt, they went down after the injuries. What they probably should do is work him out like they would any guy and if he wows them enough to cut a player on the 53, so be it. So STFU.

They can't work him out without claiming him (unless he clears waivers, but then he would likely want to sign with a relevant team).

Telling people to "STFU" for disagreeing with you (especially when you don't even know the circumstances of the situation)?? Calm down.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Telling people to "STFU" for disagreeing with you (especially when you don't even know the circumstances of the situation)?? Calm down.

That was only in response to your first, entirely unprovoked response to me, which was "Jock-Sniffers of the World, unite and take over"!

I meant to put a claim on him and then work him out. I think, but I'm not sure, that a team has to keep a player for three weeks or so, before they can cut him. That would be sufficient time to see if he had anything in the tank. And yes, they would have to cut a player to put him on the roster, but there are surely players who are doing nothing on this team that if they were cut, like the RB Anderson, and then Merriman didn't work out, we could sign the RB back in three weeks. If it were me, I would cut Ellison for Merriman but that's just me.

Edited by Kelly the Fair and Balanced Dog

That was only in response to your first, entirely unprovoked response to me, which was "Jock-Sniffers of the World, unite and take over"!

I meant to put a claim on him and then work him out. I think, but I'm not sure, that a team has to keep a player for three weeks or so, before they can cut him. That would be sufficient time to see if he had anything in the tank. And yes, they would have to cut a player to put him on the roster, but there are surely players who are doing nothing on this team that if they were cut, like the RB Anderson, and then Merriman didn't work out, we could sign the RB back in three weeks. If it were me, I would cut Ellison for Merriman but that's just me.

The Jock sniffing thing wasn't really directed at you, more at the idea of voting him onto the team. I should have posted it under the original post.

Besides paying him a bit of scratch and taking up a roster spot I don't see the harm in giving him a 9 game tryout. The consensus seems to be that grabbing Merriman is a no brainer and I agree. It's not like Kelsay's a 20 yr old who needs snaps to improve, this is a guy that has the potential to be a long term solution to a problem that we're going to have for a long time.

The Jock sniffing thing wasn't really directed at you, more at the idea of voting him onto the team. I should have posted it under the original post.

Fair enough. I retract my snarky response.

From what I recall seeing, he didn't SEEM to be the player he once was after the suspension, but clearly he was very good right after, getting almost two sacks a game. And you wouldn't want a player who made 68 tackles and had 12.5 sacks as your OLB while getting double teamed, which he was.

Injuries may have completely taken their toll on him. He could be a shell of the player he once was. But maybe not.