Shawne Merriman on waivers

Amstel

According to PFT if Merriman passes his physical he will be put on waivers today

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/11/02/shawne-merriman-set-to-join-randy-moss-on-waiver-wire/

maybe the reason we didnt put in a claim for Gibson is Nix knew Merriman was going to become available today (he surely must get info from the Chargers) and prefers to sign him?

Maybe its just a coincidence.... just thought I'd put it out there.....

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to PFT if Merriman passes his physical he will be put on waivers today

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/11/02/shawne-merriman-set-to-join-randy-moss-on-waiver-wire/

maybe the reason we didnt put in a claim for Gibson is Nix knew Merriman was going to become available today (he surely must get info from the Chargers) and prefers to sign him?

Maybe its just a coincidence.... just thought I'd put it out there.....

We better put in a claim on him. We have absolutely no pass rush on the outside.

I would put my money on the riot happening.

I wouldn't mind Merriman for the remainder of the year. If I were him, Buffalo would be the low key, low expectation place to prove I deserve another big contract.

Properly motivated and healthy, he can still be a force as a pass rusher. Not too long ago he was the most feared pass rusher in the league. We have absolutely no pass rush whatsoever, we're trying to move to a 3-4 and Nix knows him. All thing considered, it's fairly low-risk fo Buffalo. If it doesn't work out, we can part ways at the end of the year, having given up nothing for him and only paying a small salary. If it does work, he revives his career and we can a legit pass rusher. Something we haven't had in a long time. I say put in a claim. What have we got to lose?

Properly motivated and healthy, he can still be a force as a pass rusher. Not too long ago he was the most feared pass rusher in the league. We have absolutely no pass rush whatsoever, we're trying to move to a 3-4 and Nix knows him. All thing considered, it's fairly low-risk fo Buffalo. If it doesn't work out, we can part ways at the end of the year, having given up nothing for him and only paying a small salary. If it does work, he revives his career and we can a legit pass rusher. Something we haven't had in a long time. I say put in a claim. What have we got to lose?

That was with steroids and prior to the injury. Now thats hes off the juice and busted up, he's a shell of his former self. Good thing Buddy knows the deal with Charger players and will steer clear of him.

Those who say he's no good w/ out the roids how does your opinion of him have any weight compared to the obvious fact that we have guys on our roster who we've already given a shot and are sitting there doing nothing? There is no reason not to bring him in and simply cut his ass if he's no good. Absolutely no reason.

If we don't claim Shawn Merrimen then the fans have every right to Riot!

Who's that?

If you're thinking Shawne Merriman, then prepare to riot. I wouldn't be surprised to see Nix pass on him, thinking that he's done and doesn't really fit into the future plans. Plus, if he has some "inside info" from San Diego as some people say, then maybe there's something that proves to Buddy that he's not worth a shot.

The guy is 26 years old, he is not done. The Chargers don't want to gamble on a new deal.

Bring him in, physical,then make a dicission

At 26, if he can pass a physical, he's worth a shot, absolutely. Watching Kelsay play week after week

is a brutal experience, and Davis & Ayodele sure aren't much better. This is a Bills have "nothing to lose" situation.