View of the Bills from the Outside

JPicc2114

I was just listening to ESPN 101FM here in St. Louis and the local guys (Demarco Farr etc.) says that the Bills are a pridefull bunch who play their guts out every week and they love the effort.

Just thought I'd share.

We are going to be hearing this for the rest of the season if we keep seeing the pitiful performances by these teams that are so much more talented than us who are clearly not giving a crap (Dallas, Minnesota, etc.) People are going to appreciate the effort. It is what it is I suppose.

Say what you will about the lack of talent on our roster. But I for one am happy to see that Chan has our guys playing their butts off fighting for a win. A lot of that has also to do with Fitz and his gamer mentality. We're not simply rolling over anymore. If we're going to lose, then we're going down swinging and I think that's part of changing the loser mentality this team has had for so long.

Say what you will about the lack of talent on our roster. But I for one am happy to see that Chan has our guys playing their butts off fighting for a win. A lot of that has also to do with Fitz and his gamer mentality. We're not simply rolling over anymore. If we're going to lose, then we're going down swinging and I think that's part of changing the loser mentality this team has had for so long.

+1

In their postgame comments, Chan & Fitz sounded like they'd been kicked in the stones. Jauron and Trent likely would have sounded aloof and disinterested. Oddly enough, that's progress.

Say what you will about the lack of talent on our roster.  But I for one am happy to see that Chan has our guys playing their butts off fighting for a win.  A lot of that has also to do with Fitz and his gamer mentality.  We're not simply rolling over anymore.  If we're going to lose, then we're going down swinging and I think that's part of changing the loser mentality this team has had for so long.

playing their buts off?

They did that for Dick and still managed to win 7 games each year, with worse QB play

Chan is still batting 0.0.

This morning Mike Greenberg on Mike & Mike said pretty much the same thing. He was comparing us to Dallas how Dallas just quits, but the Bill'swho "stink, played their hearts out".

I was just listening to ESPN 101FM here in St. Louis and the local guys (Demarco Farr etc.) says that the Bills are a pridefull bunch who play their guts out every week and they love the effort.

Just thought I'd share.

This morning Mike Greenberg on Mike & Mike said pretty much the same thing. He was comparing us to Dallas how Dallas just quits, but the Bill'swho "stink, played their hearts out".

Yeah, they did "the good, the bad, and the ugly" of the nfl weekend and we were Golic's bad and he said it's bad b/c we play hard and fight and to lose like that twice and have no wins is tough. Greenberg said something "oh I'm glad you took that turn b/c I saw bills on there as bad and was going to take issue"...so both are in agreeing there...

Bottom line we are not one of these clueless dysfunctional teams...we have guys who are experienced now running the show (regardless of what you may think about that experience) and we just aren't good but we play hard and people won't root against that...they all saw the bull **** "fumble" last week and they all saw the bull **** freeze this week...

Nice that we're lovable losers but I'd rather they hate us for constantly crushing everyone and looking like an unstoppable juggernaut.

I think if we got good the media would indulge us...it would be a "story"...after over a decade of darkness the "loyal Bills fans some the best in the NFL" are rewarded and they are circling the wagon once more.

While we weren't good enough for everyone to buy in, I feel like we were on the verge of getting some true props w/ our 5-1 start.

Edited by dayman