Buffalo fans should be happy today

Forget the lose.........a win wasn't going to accomplish anything for the Bills this year!

Buffalo nearly beat 2 playoff teams and both games went to overtime. At Mid season the Bills can play with the best!

The Offensive line is much improved,we have two solid Wide Receivers and Running backs and a much better QB in Ryan Fitzpatrick. We will most likely draft number 1-3 in the 2011 draft and help is on the way! All we really need is a few LB's and improve the pass rush

Say what you want but the Bills ARE A GOOD FOOTBALL TEAM NOW!!

Yes you should be happy, the team is finally heading in the right direction! THIS IS NOT A 3 YEAR REBUILDING PROJECT and I am happy with the progress :flirt:

Try four!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot of us see the glass as half full , and that being said the loses are tough but the improvement as you said is worth it .

But 80% of the fans on this site & others want every one fired & start at square one but i'll hang with you that see the glass as half full !!!!

GO BILLS !!!!

The Bills have become competitive. Which is a step in the right direction but.... THAT DOES NOT MAKE YOU A GOOD FOOTBALL TEAM WHEN YOUR RESULT IS 0-7 AND YOU'RE RANKED 32ND!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by mattsox

The Bills have become competitive. Which is a step in the right direction but.... THAT DOES NOT MAKE YOU A GOOD FOOTBALL TEAM WHEN YOUR RESULT IS 0-7 AND YOU'RE RANKED 32ND!!!!!!!!!!!

A BAD FOOTBALL TEAM DOES NOT LOSE IN OT TWO WEEKS IN A ROW!

A BAD TEAM GETS KILLED!

The beginning of the season was wasted in the Trent Edwards experiment!

Edited by The Wang From Sang

Almost every team in every sport that made a "miraculous" turnaround from one year to another had the seeds in place the previous year. Look at the '86 to '88 Bills (I don't count '87 because the strike messed everything up)...they were coming off two consecutive 2-14 seasons and went 4-12 in '86, but they hired a new coach that year, had Kelly, Reed, Talley, Tasker, Hull, Smith etc. So you could see it was coming.

As a Mets fan I can cite the '83-'84 squad as an example as well. That '83 squad won only 68 games but you could see the talent bubbling up -- Straw, Darling, Backman, etc, with Gooden racing through the farm system... and in '84 they won over 90 games and were good for the next six years.

A few weeks ago I would have said there's nothing in the cupboards here to suggest that this team will make a turnaround within a year or two. I'm still not sure there is. But at the very least I can say this team is moving in the right direction. They've cut loose players who were tied to the last few years of futility -- Edwards, Lynch, etc -- and not only benched but deactivated first-rounders like Maybin and McCargo who clearly weren't getting it done at all. I really think that the improved play of the team over the last two weeks is a direct result of that message.

I know wins are the bottom line. But wins are a crutch too ("he just wins," etc), and they paper over deficiencies that otherwise would be corrected. I think we are better off right now at 0-7 than we were in any 7-9 year under Jauron.

I wouldnt say the Bills are a good team. There is however, improvement, which is a testament to Gailey and is very encouraging for the future. Still a significant rebuild needed. My optimism now compared to the bye week is not even close. Seeds of competing is the best case scenario.

Say what you will but from where I've been sitting the last two games (a Bills bar), this team has played with guts and heart - especially yesterday. I'd rather watch that than be watching the "quitting" attitude coming from the Cowgirls.

Of course the Bills are not a good football team. Still they are improving, at least to the point where on consecutive Sundays (because consistency is the key)they can play competitively with much more talented teams. Really the credit has to go to Gailey who is getting the guys to play very hard instead of just mailing it in (like the Cowboys have done). I said at the beginning of the year that towards the end of the season we would start to see the type of team they would be when eventually they become truly competitive again and I think we are styarting to see that. My prediction was that late in the season, barring significant injuries, the Bills might surprise a few teams with a lot to play for - a wildcard or home field advantage in the playoffs, and that if they did that things would be looking a lot better for next year. Appers to me that is the direction things are going in. Obviously they need a good draft next year and one or two choice free agent signings would help immensely. If all that happens, they will be competitive in their division next year.

A BAD FOOTBALL TEAM DOES NOT LOSE IN OT TWO WEEKS IN A ROW!

A BAD TEAM GETS KILLED!

Dear The Wang From Sang,

Please tell us which teams are bad teams, that is, the teams that are worse than the Bills, who you say is a good team.

Thanks,

-Reality

Edited by akm0404

I'm with APV; we are not a horrible team. A horrible team would not have taken two division leaders, with a combined 10-4 record, into OT two weeks in a row. For us fans, winning is not everything (although maybe it is for the players and coaches). Fans should be caring more about entertainment value. We buy expensive tickets and spend our Sunday afternoons looking for entertainment. They guys are giving their all and are very fun to watch. I'll sit back and be satisfied for now. After all, it could be worse - just look back to our first 2 games.

In fact, if highly entertaining, the Bills could lose all their games. Let's not kid ourselves, we're not ready to do any meaningful winning and we're not in the playoff hunt. Let's sit back and watch the fun and be rewarded with excellent draft position knowing things will be very different next season.

Edited by kas23

Buffalo nearly beat 2 playoff teams and both games went to overtime.

KC a playoff team? Yeah right.. How the hell did you figure that out? 4-12 last year and they beat a bunch of horrible teams this year.. Bills included! SD 3-5, CLE, 2-5, SF 2-6, Bills 0-7, and Jacksonville.. the only team with at least a .500 record at 4-4. KC hasn't beaten a team with a winning record with their losses to Indy and Houston. The AFC west is total garbage and KC is the shiniest turd for now.. whoopie..

KC a playoff team? Yeah right.. How the hell did you figure that out? 4-12 last year and they beat a bunch of horrible teams this year.. Bills included! SD 3-5, CLE, 2-5, SF 2-6, Bills 0-7, and Jacksonville.. the only team with at least a .500 record at 4-4. KC hasn't beaten a team with a winning record with their losses to Indy and Houston. The AFC west is total garbage and KC is the shiniest turd for now.. whoopie..

K.C. is in the hunt, like it or not and we were an 8.5 dog in this game and we were on the road~

This team can't stop the run... we are NOT a good football team. Over 270 yds rushing against... good grief!!!!

Yet, they gave up 10 points until the last play of overtime.

I'm the most optimist Bills fan there is so every year, I go in hoping they will make an amazing playoff run. So I take the losses very hard. But the bottomline is this team needs a top 5 pick. I believe they have had only 2 in the last 25 years. It's a lot easier to get a stud in the top 3 than it is in the 8 to 15 range, which the team has been stuck in drafting.

The last couple weeks have been best case scenario in my opinion. They went on the road to teams with winning records and took them to overtime. They had a drive to try and tie a 6-1 NE team on the road. This is with a very limited roster. Improvement can be measured besides just wins and losses. We have played very competitive football, yet we still have the #1 pick. IMO, that's a win-win.

And who would you rather be a fan of right now: the 1-6 Cowboys or 0-7 Bills? We are a bad football team but I can at least take pride in the way our team has fought. Dallas has just laid down for most the season when they were supposed to play a SB on their homefield.

I agree the West is garbage but KC will make the playoffs if they win the division, which they are leading now. And Arrowhead is one of the hardest stadiums to play in.

I'm the most optimist Bills fan there is so every year

Look... we're all optimists to a point with this team, but sometimes "realism" has to step in. I love the way our team has fought... We're all happier than Cowboys fans for sure, but... when, WHEN will the front office do something to address the lines and LB do so with IMPACT?! I would have rather had Fred Jax and Lynch running the ball behind another stud OL, or had an additional decent DE, and or LB. We needed to address the right positions first.

Look... we're all optimists to a point with this team, but sometimes "realism" has to step in. I love the way our team has fought... We're all happier than Cowboys fans for sure, but... when, WHEN will the front office do something to address the lines and LB do so with IMPACT?! I would have rather had Fred Jax and Lynch running the ball behind another stud OL, or had an additional decent DE, and or LB. We needed to address the right positions first.

Agreed but what can they do about it now? Our OL is very young, so every game they play together this season is important. They have show signs of improvement. LBs are the biggest problem and hopefully with be addressed this offseason. Pittsburgh has show you don't need to spend 1st rounders to get good LB talent. Our d-line has it's problems but Edwards and Williams have played well. Hopefully, Troup and some of the other young players will get some gameday experience.

We couldn't fix everything in one offseason. So they key is seeing improvement. And playing competitive road games (despite them being losses) against NE, Balt, and a division leading KC in a rebuilding year IMO is a sign of improvement.