Kyle Williams

He's good and had another great game today! It is a shame his individual excellent performances get out shadowed by the poor individual performances of the likes of Kelsay, Whitner (he did play well today) on a week to week basis. He is definitely a bright spot on our defensive line and guy you want to build around.

Great game Williams!

P.S. I am loving this Steve Johnson fella. He is starting to become the best WR on this team.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

He was double-teamed on almost every play and still did a hell of a job. However bad you can feel about a guy getting paid a lot of money to play football for a living is how bad I feel for Williams. The guy is the only good player on their front 7. Stroud has his moments, but for the most part, he's the only guy making plays out there.

I guess I'll be the contrarian. Kyle Williams is an undersized nose tackle. He plays with plenty of heart and will occasionally come up with a good play but he gets pushed around far too often. A NT should tie up at least 2 o-line men to allow the LBs to make plays. He rarely does that. Being last in the league in rush defense (by quite a bit) and another 274 rushing yards against tells the story.

I view him the same way I do Fitzpatrick, a player who is best suited as a valuable back-up.

Kyle is great and has been playing very well consistently.

Not sure why people think he is undersized for NT. Was watching Pitt last night and their 2 NTs are about the same size:

Casey Hampton - 6'1" 325lbs

Chris Hoke - 6'2" 305lbs

Kyle Williams - 6'1" 306lbs

Ya & to think at the beginning of the season every body on this sight wanted to trade him because QUOTE "he's to small -- he doesn't fit the scheme BLAH BLAH BLAH " it just goes to show that we as fans have a lot of opinions but at best are monday morning QB's & i for one am glad we kept him !!

Williams has also been mentioned in Pro Bowl talk so we need to vote when the time comes -- He deserves it !!!!!! :worthy:

I guess I'll be the contrarian. Kyle Williams is an undersized nose tackle. He plays with plenty of heart and will occasionally come up with a good play but he gets pushed around far too often. A NT should tie up at least 2 o-line men to allow the LBs to make plays. He rarely does that. Being last in the league in rush defense (by quite a bit) and another 274 rushing yards against tells the story.

I view him the same way I do Fitzpatrick, a player who is best suited as a valuable back-up.

I think what you have to understand with him is that he is playing out of position. He's not a top tier NT talent, but he is a top tier 3-tech talent. He's basically never asked to play two gaps when he's in the game and is always used as the penetrator. Even in the 4 man fronts, which they have started using more, he plays the 3 tech spot with the NT (Troup) playing 0 tech. I don't think Williams will ever be a great two gap NT for us, but he's a great change of pace player and would probably look even better if he wasn't the only good front 7 player. They still need Troup to take on two blockers for some of the time, but Williams has his place and does a great job of doing what he does.

What games have you been watching? He gets double-teamed on almost every play by the center and one of the guards because teams know he's the only guy they have to worry about. The fact the LBs aren't making plays has more to do with their level of suckitude than Williams not tying them up.

Kyle is great and has been playing very well consistently.

Not sure why people think he is undersized for NT. Was watching Pitt last night and their 2 NTs are about the same size:

Casey Hampton - 6'1" 325lbs

Chris Hoke - 6'2" 305lbs

Kyle Williams - 6'1" 306lbs

Hoke is but Hampton is way bigger than 325, football at all levels is notorious for falsifying heights and weights. Remember when Bill Parcells was with the Jets and said he would put up good money that Ted Washington weighed 385 or better and not 325.

A valuable back up? I rarly ever blog about our Bills but this comment sent me straigh to my email to recover my username and password so i could tell you how stupid you sound. Kyle Williams a valuable back up? Then what do you consider the Chiefs O line that Williams destroyed? Valuable journeymen? they are the number 1 rushing team in the NFL ( as we saw) so I would think thier o line is pretty darn good ( 5.2 a carry) and williams could of paid Cssel rent cause he was LIVING in that backfield. Hell of a game for Kyle Williams, played his heart out, like he does every week for this winless team and you have the nerve to call him a " valuable back up". Kyle Williams mite be our best player but that was easily the worst blog i have ever read. go buff

He's good and had another great game today! It is a shame his individual excellent performances get out shadowed by the poor individual performances of the likes of Kelsay, Whitner (he did play well today) on a week to week basis. He is definitely a bright spot on our defensive line and guy you want to build around.

Great game Williams!

P.S. I am loving this Steve Johnson fella. He is starting to become the best WR on this team.

Dwan Edwards deserves some credit too, as he has played a couple of very strong games and is another one with a good motor.

Troup is improving as well. There are some bright spots, but the two big holes are the pass rush OLB and the Kelsey's spot.

Moats was in on pass rushing situations at ROLB.

If you look at Troup's stats, he is about equal to McCoy (? the #2 DT pick), but no one comes close to Suh'

Watch the clip of some of Williams bigger plays yesterday including the sack and you will see #96 Terrel Troup tieing up two blockers. It's been a long time since a Bills lineman has drawn a double team.

quote name='TPS' timestamp='1288638549' post='2023204']

Dwan Edwards deserves some credit too, as he has played a couple of very strong games and is another one with a good motor.

Troup is improving as well. There are some bright spots, but the two big holes are the pass rush OLB and the Kelsey's spot.

Moats was in on pass rushing situations at ROLB.

If you look at Troup's stats, he is about equal to McCoy (? the #2 DT pick), but no one comes close to Suh'

He gets pushed around too often? No, that's the rest of the D-line...Williams actually gets push...he had 8 tackles and 2 sacks yesterday...8 tackles for a DT is phenomenal.

Watch the clip of some of Williams bigger plays yesterday including the sack and you will see #96 Terrel Troup tieing up two blockers. It's been a long time since a Bills lineman has drawn a double team.

Don't tape the games, so I won't be able to check, but that is a very good sign indeed. NOw if Carrington develops we've got some some good material up front. LBs next draft!

BS. You are only listening to off season message board fodder and obviously not watching him play. He does not get pushed around. He is the one doing the pushing around. He's leading the team in sacks for crying out loud and he is playing like a probowler right now.