Kyle Williams

I guess I'll be the contrarian. Kyle Williams is an undersized nose tackle. He plays with plenty of heart and will occasionally come up with a good play but he gets pushed around far too often. A NT should tie up at least 2 o-line men to allow the LBs to make plays. He rarely does that. Being last in the league in rush defense (by quite a bit) and another 274 rushing yards against tells the story.

I view him the same way I do Fitzpatrick, a player who is best suited as a valuable back-up.

I am really not sure what world you are living in because from his peers in the NFL, from the media-types (not that they are experts), and to the casual observer of the game Williams is a starter on any team and deserving of the pro-bowl mentions. If he had linebackers behind him who could play then his achievements would be even more substantial but play after play he is double teamed and still manages to make as many plays as the other larger nose tackles in the league.

We have our one solid building block of the defense ... and his name is Kyle Williams a player whose motor never stops but who is currently the lone wolf but those rushing yards you mention rarely come over his position.

He was double-teamed on almost every play and still did a hell of a job. However bad you can feel about a guy getting paid a lot of money to play football for a living is how bad I feel for Williams. The guy is the only good player on their front 7. Stroud has his moments, but for the most part, he's the only guy making plays out there.

What moments ?

Kyle Williams deserves all the contract extension money Kelsay gets!

+1,000,000

I guess I'll be the contrarian. Kyle Williams is an undersized nose tackle. He plays with plenty of heart and will occasionally come up with a good play but he gets pushed around far too often. A NT should tie up at least 2 o-line men to allow the LBs to make plays. He rarely does that. Being last in the league in rush defense (by quite a bit) and another 274 rushing yards against tells the story.

I view him the same way I do Fitzpatrick, a player who is best suited as a valuable back-up.

You dont pay much attention do you. Williams has drawn constant double teams since mid 2008. He also beats them often, especially yesterday. Its nice that the media and fans are starting to notice how good this guy is.

I do agree with you that he is an undersized NT, but he is playign great. I really think he could be an absolute stud at DE tho.

On another note I have been very unimpressed with Troup. He is a guy who gets pushed all over the field. He can barely hold his own when he takes on one blocker and reminds me of a blocking sled when he is double teamed. If this guy was taken to be our Anchor in the middle we are gonna be watching a lot of bad run defense.