WGR 550

rpcolosi

So i'm going to listen to the Sabres game and what is their question of the day??

"Do you want the Bills to win?"

so the only sports station in Buffalo is questioning whether their one major national franchise should even win a game? What is wrong with these morons? Are they owned by someone in LA or Toronto? I live in Japan, I can't listen without going to the website, but from what I can see Howard Simon is the only guy worth a rats a$$ on that station. everyone in buffalo should boycott them for their anti-bills agenda and notorious bills bashing. it's pathetic.... and its probably all because 97rock is the Voice of the Bills...

F.Off WGR... GO BILLS!!!!

So i'm going to listen to the Sabres game and what is their question of the day??

"Do you want the Bills to win?"

so the only sports station in Buffalo is questioning whether their one major national franchise should even win a game? What is wrong with these morons? Are they owned by someone in LA or Toronto? I live in Japan, I can't listen without going to the website, but from what I can see Howard Simon is the only guy worth a rats a$$ on that station. everyone in buffalo should boycott them for their anti-bills agenda and notorious bills bashing. it's pathetic.... and its probably all because 97rock is the Voice of the Bills...

F.Off WGR... GO BILLS!!!!

Same thing that's wrong with the morons here: they think having the #1 pick is more important that actually winning the game.

(And completely ignore the Bills' recent track record with drafting...but that's another story.)

Same thing that's wrong with the morons here: they think having the #1 pick is more important that actually winning the game.

(And completely ignore the Bills' recent track record with drafting...but that's another story.)

DC I am with ya I dont trust this FO having Number 1 overall pick right now. This years draft and lack of impact so far makes me fear having the number 1

DC I am with ya I dont trust this FO having Number 1 overall pick right now. This years draft and lack of impact so far makes me fear having the number 1

Good franchises find talent in later rounds (most obvious example right now: Tom Brady). Poor franchises can't identify talent (or wreck what they do idenfity) no matter where they pick (case in point: the Detroit Lions, through all of the 90's.)

Does anyone honestly believe the Bills are a good, well-run franchise right now? Anyone?

I will never believe or accept that Buffalo sports fans want to listen to whiny little girls crying about everything. They are so lucky that no one will ever go after them and do sports radio right. Too expensive to do it well. Need a lot of people, and you need to hire ex-jocks to be on the shows.

PTR

Good franchises find talent in later rounds (most obvious example right now: Tom Brady). Poor franchises can't identify talent (or wreck what they do idenfity) no matter where they pick (case in point: the Detroit Lions, through all of the 90's.)

Does anyone honestly believe the Bills are a good, well-run franchise right now? Anyone?

It's stupid to answer absolutes like that question. Who the hell knows how well-run they are right now? Gotta wait a few drafts to really answer that. All I know is we are improving on offense. It's progress.

PTR

That's why the station asked the question: there are differing opinions.

(I want the Bills to win.)

It's stupid to answer absolutes like that question. Who the hell knows how well-run they are right now? Gotta wait a few drafts to really answer that. All I know is we are improving on offense. It's progress.

PTR

It's not an absolute, it's a circular argument. They're poorly run, as evidenced by the fact that they can't identify talent in any round...hence, they won't find talent in any round, as they're poorly run.

Unfortunately, unlike most circular arguments, it's actually a pretty good argument based on the history of other franchises (again, the Lions spring most immediately to mind). Franchises in that condition don't get better until the front office is massively overhauled.

That's why the station asked the question: there are differing opinions.

Yes, there's my opinion, and then there's blisteringly stupid opinions. :devil:

It's not an absolute, it's a circular argument. They're poorly run, as evidenced by the fact that they can't identify talent in any round...hence, they won't find talent in any round, as they're poorly run.

Unfortunately, unlike most circular arguments, it's actually a pretty good argument based on the history of other franchises (again, the Lions spring most immediately to mind). Franchises in that condition don't get better until the front office is massively overhauled.

I give Nix a lot of credit for Wood, Levitre, Byrd and Nelson perhaps more than I should. I also give him props for Easley who was showing flashes, Moats who in limited time looks like a solid future pass rusher for us, Wang - who looks to be a swing/depth guy which all teams need on the line, and Troupe who frankly is not getting near enough credit for being a very very solid rookie NT. Everyone expects teh NT to be the key to stoping the run but its two parts - hold your gap and blocker and free up space for LBs to make plays. Well on more then a few occasions he has held up 2 blockers at the point of attack and holds his ground well, even chasing some plays down from behind. We don't have LBs capable ot shedding blocks (Poz) or fast enough to make plays sideline to sideline (Torbor, Kelsay and Davis).

In a nutshell - Nix is not getting enough credit for cleaning house and bringing in a large variety of young talent over the past two years... and yes - CJ Spiller will be just fine with this team. He is a great talent, not a wasted pick. Perhaps his biggest whiff to date draft wise could be Carrington - but it also takes time for most DE's to step right in and play. Fortunately we have a year or two until we urgently need him to take over for Stroud at DE in a 3-4.

Also - Dwan Edwards has been a great signing, and balances out the complete effing whiff they made on Cornell Green. Green's contract is really pretty small (don't be fooled by the 3mil/yr, virutally NONE is guaranteed). If they looked at him as a 1 year or 1/2 year stop gap to bridge to a future RT, then its a more then adequate move. Lots of Agents tack on extra years in hopes the player pans out, but often times the contract never gets to compltion.

Actually I think the Bills are VERY GOOD at finding talent in later rounds....it is their 1st round picks for are so baffling bad.....

But Buddie Nix is calling the shots and I do trust his judgement on drafting players.

If you are looking at the last ten years then yes. But why grade the current regime on what people did before them?

PTR

Actually I think the Bills are VERY GOOD at finding talent in later rounds....it is their 1st round picks for are so baffling bad.....

But Buddie Nix is calling the shots and I do trust his judgement on drafting players.

That could be explained by different people calling the shots depending on the round. Scouts like Modrak and/or Nix may have more leeway later in the draft, while Jauron or Ralphie may have called the picks higher up.

PTR

while agree about them having an anti-bills agenda, their blind eye to the sabres woes is laughable!you can see how they are so afraid of larry quinn , and what he might do to them if they come down hard on their "beloved" sabres. any organization that has kept the same mgmt-coach regime for 13 years , without any great success should be called out !, called out big-time! that is the major problem i have with them, the obvious double standard, when it comes to the bills and sabres.

while agree about them having an anti-bills agenda, their blind eye to the sabres woes is laughable!you can see how they are so afraid of larry quinn , and what he might do to them if they come down hard on their "beloved" sabres. any organization that has kept the same mgmt-coach regime for 13 years , without any great success should be called out !, called out big-time! that is the major problem i have with them, the obvious double standard, when it comes to the bills and sabres.

When is the last time you listened? I would have agreed with you 5 years ago, when they were so anti-Donohoe that it colored everything they said. And, they were so pro Sabres it was sick.

I've had season tickets for the Bills for 25 years and will have them for 25 more if I can, but I would like them to get the number one pick this year. Does that mean I'm a Bills basher?

And, with the Bills track record of drafting, maybe they get a top 5-10 talent with a number one pick, instead of guys who have contributed little to nothing in the 8-11 slots.

You need to give this inept front office the best odds that you can.

When is the last time you listened? I would have agreed with you 5 years ago, when they were so anti-Donohoe that it colored everything they said. And, they were so pro Sabres it was sick.

I've had season tickets for the Bills for 25 years and will have them for 25 more if I can, but I would like them to get the number one pick this year. Does that mean I'm a Bills basher?

And, with the Bills track record of drafting, maybe they get a top 5-10 talent with a number one pick, instead of guys who have contributed little to nothing in the 8-11 slots.

You need to give this inept front office the best odds that you can.

i really dont listen due to living out of town, i could obviously, but what triggered my response was the originator of the thread's question about the fan poll..the sabres are usually underachieving and they ignore it with inane, predictable bills questions. their lack of hammering the sabres as hard as the bills is what makes me mad.

There's a huge difference in the morning and drive time shows. The former is more entertainment than information (incessant arguing with Sullivan) and uses inane polls to build a topic for the day. In the afternoon, there are more guests who participate longer with much less arguing, especially with between the hosts and Sullivan.

Media cater to the lowest common denominator and as is evidenced by TBD, there are plenty of goobers who eat up these polls that ask "if you want the Bills to win?" Quality of programming will always take a back seat to ratings if the former inhibits the latter. I'm actually surprised the afternoon duo got Aaron Schatz from Football Outsiders on each week given that Schatz is more an analyst of certain metrics rather than someone espousing the popular opinion, like most commentators at ESPN, NFLN, et al.

Edited by BillsVet

i really dont listen due to living out of town, i could obviously, but what triggered my response was the originator of the thread's question about the fan poll..the sabres are usually underachieving and they ignore it with inane, predictable bills questions. their lack of hammering the sabres as hard as the bills is what makes me mad.

But, they really do hammer the Sabres. They kept saying in '06 and in '07 that there is nothing to hammer them about, and I didn't believe that they would if given the chance.....But, I've been surprised at how much they do. I'm sometimes surprised Schoop doesn't get fired for some of the stuff he says, like "who would want to listen to another hockey player being interviewed" when he knows they do a ton of it.

But, they really do hammer the Sabres. They kept saying in '06 and in '07 that there is nothing to hammer them about, and I didn't believe that they would if given the chance.....But, I've been surprised at how much they do. I'm sometimes surprised Schoop doesn't get fired for some of the stuff he says, like "who would want to listen to another hockey player being interviewed" when he knows they do a ton of it.

fair point.. i have heard schoop has been getting on the sabres , and i like that, but the fan polls( the reason i mention it is for the purpose to illustrate how gr ignores the sabres failings) tips the hand as to how gr is controlled by the sabres. as.. an aside to bills vet: i am not a "goober".. you may be missing a gist here.. try absorbing it rather than resort to the predictable, nauseating, judgmental name calling on here..

Edited by dwight in philly

They are a lot better of now with Nix as GM, Whatley as assistant GM & Gailey as coach than they have been before these guys took over !!

But of coarse if you need any proof just look at the past. At least give the new staff another year before you show the true Bills fan colors and prematurely pass judgement & want them thrown out before they even have a chance of doing anything .

To this point i think what ever the plan is that they are implementing it is starting to look better than it did a few weeks ago . So i for one am behind the new guys all the way !!

They are a lot better of now with Nix as GM, Whatley as assistant GM & Gailey as coach than they have been before these guys took over !!

But of coarse if you need any proof just look at the past. At least give the new staff another year before you show the true Bills fan colors and prematurely pass judgement & want them thrown out before they even have a chance of doing anything .

To this point i think what ever the plan is that they are implementing it is starting to look better than it did a few weeks ago . So i for one am behind the new guys all the way !!

I haven't seen the baby yet........For the front office, they are getting next to nothing out of the drafted and free agent players from this year.......And for the coach, there is the matter of being the only non win team in the league.