Hope they perfect this before I'm 50

/dev/null

I turn 50 in six months. My wife has had two colonoscopies and said the drugs are great. So I've got that to look for.

LOL...I'm 51 and have two colonoscopies. Yeah, with the drugs they gave me, they could have driven a bus through my colon and I wouldn't have cared!

I turn 50 in six months. My wife has had two colonoscopies and said the drugs are great. So I've got that to look for.

LOL...I'm 51 and have two colonoscopies. Yeah, with the drugs they gave me, they could have driven a bus through my colon and I wouldn't have cared!

The drugs scare me more than the roto-rooter. My dad had a colonoscopy a couple years ago and the drugs (Demoral I think it's called) made him stop breathing

The worst thing about a colonoscopy is not the roto-rooter job but the gallon of white crap you have to drink the night before.

PTR

I remember a few years ago reading an article by some comedian. He said don't mix it with juice. He mixed his with vodka. :thumbsup:

The drugs were indeed great but they have a terrible side affect...they wear off!! (not until the next day though :)

The worst thing about a colonoscopy is not the roto-rooter job but the gallon of white crap you have to drink the night before.

PTR

The predecessor of the colonoscopy was the Barium xray. You didn't drink the white crap the night before, you took 4 tblsp of castor oil. Talk about disgusting, would rather have 4 gallons of the white crap then 4 tblsp of castor oil. As for the xray itself, most pain I've ever been in (and I had Eric Woods compound fracture injury in 76). That was enough to get me to change a meat and potatoes based diet to a fruit and vegetable based diet.

• 4 weeks later...