Best Cities to Move to in America

ricojes

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Minneapolis/St. Paul are ranked #8 -- and I'd say it's a much better place to live than Buffalo/Niagara Falls. (plus, our unemployment is "only" 7% :lol: ).

I can't figure out why they put Bloomington in there with the Twin cities. Because of the Mall of America? Umm, ok... :unsure:

CITY OF TREES!!!!!

:worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

Thank you yahoo for making something up. :thumbsup:

Apparently they didn't make it up... Although I've never heard of it before:

http://www.ci.buffal...NYforReforestat

http://en.wikipedia...._New_York#Parks

http://www.synacor.com/pages/jobs/buffalo/about/

Minneapolis/St. Paul are ranked #8 -- and I'd say it's a much better place to live than Buffalo/Niagara Falls. (plus, our unemployment is "only" 7% :lol: ).

I can't figure out why they put Bloomington in there with the Twin cities. Because of the Mall of America? Umm, ok... :unsure:

Cost of living or average home prices would be my guess according to this article. And people think Buffalo is cold, Minneapolis is brutal. Although weather obviously did not factor into this equation...

Cost of living or average home prices would be my guess according to this article. And people think Buffalo is cold, Minneapolis is brutal. Although weather obviously did not factor into this equation...

Yeah, WNY isn't cold at all compared to Minneapolis... But because it gets so cold here, it doesn't snow as much either... So less need to be outside which is nice. :)

Downtown was built with the weather in mind, as well -- as they have the Skyway system -- bridges that connect all of the buildings so you can go pretty much anywhere without having to go outside. Very handy. :)

Apparently they didn't make it up... Although I've never heard of it before:

http://www.ci.buffal...NYforReforestat

http://en.wikipedia...._New_York#Parks

http://www.synacor.com/pages/jobs/buffalo/about/

that last link talks about the other more prominent nicknames... City of Bad Neighbors, Great Lakes/Queen City and City of Light.

No way in hell I could even consider dealing with sub zero temps like Minnesota.

Downtown was built with the weather in mind, as well -- as they have the Skyway system -- bridges that connect all of the buildings so you can go pretty much anywhere without having to go outside. Very handy. :)

Now that's what Bufflao needs! Downtown Buffalo is like a wind tunnel, especially around the HSBC tower, of course there aren't enough occupied buildings to connect bridges. Pittsburgh really rebuilt the city, it used to be on par with Buffalo and now it blows Buffalo away. To much politics into getting anything done in Buffalo, lot's of good idea's, but all shot down once gov't gets involved...

Edited by ricojes

I wonder what kind of jobs they're talking about with a litst like this. It can easily vary from city to city. I'd be back in a heartbeat if I could actually find a job in my field. I haven't seen it yet though.

Yeah, WNY isn't cold at all compared to Minneapolis... But because it gets so cold here, it doesn't snow as much either... So less need to be outside which is nice. :)

I suppose its a "dry" cold :rolleyes::rolleyes:

It is -- and it dries out your skin and your nose instantly. Very weird feeling when you breath in -20F air...

But I still like it better than shoveling a foot of snow. :)

Coldest Ive seen here in 15 years was -38 but that was a freak, only saw it that cold once or twice.

That was some winter-I think it was 98 or so-just missed by one day the record for most consecutive days that didn't get above zero-not days that went below zero, but days that didn't get above zero. It never snowed, but the world was white-a inch of Hoar frost on everything.

There's a social network for folks from Buffalo (actually all of Western New York), called the Buffalo Expat Network, the group is trying to build a network of (and for) Buffalo expats who live around the world and leverage the resources of that network to have a positive impact on Buffalo.

It's a worthwhile venture. Here's a link if anyone wants to look into it: BEN

There's a social network for folks from Buffalo (actually all of Western New York), called the Buffalo Expat Network, the group is trying to build a network of (and for) Buffalo expats who live around the world and leverage the resources of that network to have a positive impact on Buffalo.

It's a worthwhile venture. Here's a link if anyone wants to look into it: BEN

I like that site. Thanks!

I wonder what kind of jobs they're talking about with a litst like this. It can easily vary from city to city. I'd be back in a heartbeat if I could actually find a job in my field. I haven't seen it yet though.

I think each city had at least 2 or 3 related to health care companies. I find that disgusting considering what is going on in this country - specifically Florida and their canidate for governor who ripped off millions from the government while running a hospital.