LT Bell's injured... Awesome.

until the Bills fire Modrak and hire some real NFL talent evaluators, they are capable of blowing picks of any position in the draft.

this year it will be a more expensive bust than every year since Mike Williams

Really doesnt make any sense because they are able to find some players later on. Its more who is making the decisions then who is scouting.

You look at the major busts since 2006, Whitner, McCargo, Maybin...they all fit what Jauron wanted his defense to be, smaller and quicker. So I think we had a philosophy problem more so a scouting problem.

The Bills started the season with Bell, Wood, and Green all gimpy. They've already cut the swing tackle that was here all off-season and the 2 draft prospects were (1) injured and (2) cut. Maybe Wang and Bell can share legs or something...

so we would have a three legged wang??? he would never get pushed over :w00t:

Really doesnt make any sense because they are able to find some players later on. Its more who is making the decisions then who is scouting.

You look at the major busts since 2006, Whitner, McCargo, Maybin...they all fit what Jauron wanted his defense to be, smaller and quicker. So I think we had a philosophy problem more so a scouting problem.

Who are these star players that the Bills found later in the draft exactly?

For the last 2 names you list, is the problem really that they were scheme players or that they are bad football players? Because I don't recall those 2 playing a lot in the scheme they were drafted for either. The first name even lost his starting job to a rookie.

Why does your list not include busts, non-achievers, and blink-and-he's-a-goners like JP Losman, Mike Williams, Roscoe Parrish, Willis McGahee, Josh Reed?

You see, when a team drafts a lot of drek, it's a scouting problem.

so we would have a three legged wang??? he would never get pushed over :w00t:

If it works. ;)

Move along, folfs, move along! <cop directing traffic> Nothing to see here..

Bell, like Wood are STILL re-habbing very serious 'lower body' injuries from less than a year ago. That they got through an entire game last outing is medically amazing! -to say nothing of their performance!

It's called good, common sense. He'll be holding down the left side of the line Sunday, where he's needed most.

"Starting left tackle Demetrius Bell(notes) returned to practice Thursday. Gailey says Bell is expected to play, and was given Wednesday off to rest his surgically repaired knee."

Dudes, this isn't a new injury. It's just resting his old one. What's wrong with people on this board??

"Starting left tackle Demetrius Bell(notes) returned to practice Thursday. Gailey says Bell is expected to play, and was given Wednesday off to rest his surgically repaired knee."

Dudes, this isn't a new injury. It's just resting his old one. What's wrong with people on this board??

NOW THAT is a good question. One that deserves it's own thread.

Don't get too crazy thinking Bell is worthy of anything. I was at the Ravens game and was flabbergasted at some of his botches. Fred and CJ both got stuffed in the backfield a couple times and Bell is just standing there staring at his man who did the stuffing. Like a matador, ole'! Fitz was often the reason they didn't get to him much...he identified the coverages and got the ball out quickly and decisively.

I count 11 spots on d, though maybe tackle is not one as I like Williams and Troup, so 9, or 10 if the Bills go 3-4 D

I feel CB and FS are on lockdown as well. If they go to either of those positions in the frst 3 rounds, I'll vomit

Don't get too crazy thinking Bell is worthy of anything. I was at the Ravens game and was flabbergasted at some of his botches. Fred and CJ both got stuffed in the backfield a couple times and Bell is just standing there staring at his man who did the stuffing. Like a matador, ole'! Fitz was often the reason they didn't get to him much...he identified the coverages and got the ball out quickly and decisively.

Agree with this. I still think this kid stinks and always will. Seems overmatched as a starting LT in the NFL. It was nice to see Howard step in and perform well with no experience...between he and Wanger maybe we find a player, so there's hope that we have 4 legit starters on the roster right now. That aint too bad. But I'd really like to add a Tackle in the first 2 rounds of the draft.

Edited by Big Bad Broise

I don't know what you all are reading but from what i got from that article & BB.com Bell was given a rest day because they didn't want him to over do it after playing his first full game .

Beside it said he was back at practice ---- so i don't know where the worry is coming from just read the stuff available & you'll know at least what they want us to know .

Is it me or is Bell injured an awful lot?

Well, unless others agree that being injured once, having surgery to repair it, and then taking it easy as the surgery continues to heal, counts as "injured an awful lot", I'd have to say, it's just you - and everyone else here who can't understand the text of the article.

Haha ... you are asking what's wrong with people on this board???

Oh my ... now that could be a very interesting discussion!

I wrote this in another post but if this offense gives us a few more decent games and allows this OL to play together we may have the makings of a good line for years to come. BELL, LEVITRE, HANGARTNER, WOOD, and HOWARD. Four of them are very young and it is even possible to imagine Wood moving over to center and Urbik sliding into the RG slot. Suddenly, out of nowhere, we might have an offense ... give Gailey the credit!