No Nomination for Fitz

It sucks that Fitz didnt get nominated for the NFL Fed Ex Air player of the week. You would think 370 yards passing and 4 TDs that he would at least get nominated. Especially playing a top defense like the Ravens.

If Brady, either of the Mannings, Brees, Favre, or Rodgers had those stats, you better believe they'd be nominated....

What's even more ridiculous is the fact that Joe Flacco, obviously from the same game, was nominated. Flacco, passing at home against probably the worst defense in the NFL, as opposed to Fitz on the road against the 3rd ranked D. Of course Fitz had 2 interceptions and Flacco had 0*, and the Ravens also won the game... which are likely the main reasons. I bet if the Bills won Fitz would win the vote outright.

It sucks that Fitz didnt get nominated for the NFL Fed Ex Air player of the week. You would think 370 yards passing and 4 TDs that he would at least get nominated. Especially playing a top defense like the Ravens.

Come on, this fitz stuff is getting ridiculous. Yes he had a good game but you do realize that Fitz threw 2 ints to start the second half that heavily contributed to the loss as Balt scores on both to take the lead and never trail the rest of the game right? And there is that pesky thing about him losing this week...

The over reactions on this board are fascinating to watch

Edited by Alphadawg7

Come on, this fitz stuff is getting ridiculous. Yes he had a good game but you do realize that Fitz threw 2 ints to start the second half that heavily contributed to the loss as Balt scores on both to take the lead and never trail the rest of the game right? And there is that pesky thing about him losing this week...

doesnt change the fact that he had a hell of a game against an elite defense...

I couldn't agree more and I was livid when I heard it myself.

Suprisingly, the Fantasy Football community is starting to notice the Bills Offense however many are still sending a message to 'approach wth caution.' In 4 games Fitz had the highest average fantasy football producion for a QB (24 points.) :worthy:

You're even negative when the team does somethimg, somewhat correct. :doh:

Have some fun with our new 'decent' offense, it may not rear its' head for another decade.

Edited by BillsFanInLV

Suprisingly, the Fantasy Football community is starting to notice the Bills Offense however many are still sending a message to 'approach wth caution.' In 4 games Fitz had the highest average fantasy football producion for a QB (24 points.) :worthy:

Have some fun with our new 'decent' offense, it may not rear its' head for another decade.

I picked him up and will start him this week.

What position does Fitz play on defense again?

My reply wasn't intended to be a jab at Fitz. Up to this point, Fed Ex literally hasn't nominated any QBs that were on a team that didn't win their game. Period.

Huh? I am negative because I am honest? Dude, whether your homer glasses allow you to see it or not, Fitz was a big contributor to that loss with 2 bad INT's to start the 2nd half that allowed Balt to take the lead and never trail again. That doesnt get you player of the week nominations no matter how much you want it to. I dont even know which guys were nominated, but off the top of my head, these guys are way better choices for player of the weak then Fitz as they had HUGE games and WON:

1. DeAngelo Hall: 4 INTS and 1 ret for TD

2. David Bowens - A LB who ret 2 INT's for TD's to pull off a huge upset of the Saints when his QB McCoy only passed for 74 yards

3. Roddy White - 11 rec, 201 yds, 2 TD's

4. Kenny Britt - 7 rec, 225 yds, 3 TD's

5. Darren McFadden 16 car, 165 yds, 3 TD's

I could even make this list longer, but they usually only have 4 or 5 nominees and these guys crushed it this week in big wins for their teams. I am not being negative about Fitz, I am being honest.

Did he have a big week against a tough opponent: Yes

Was he key to us almost pulling the upset: Yes

Did we win the game: NO

Was he a key piece in why we lost with his costly turnovers: Yes

Is there a reason to be optimistic moving forward: Yes

Did I pick him up in fantasy: Yes and I am starting him in 2 of my 3 leagues this week as a bye week replacement and a replacement over Romo instead of using Palmer on my bench.

There is no way anyone can argue his game was better than any of those 5 listed who all won their game...so on what grounds does he deserve to be player of the week over those 5 people? Those were all huge wins for those teams in one way or another and those players were all huge in those wins. Its hilarious how needy and self entitled some fans are for any kind of acknowledgement about an 0-6 team. I mean up until this game most of you wanted to see Brohm and were calling this team one of the worst ever, now many of you are talking Pro Bowl, passing on Luck or another top QB, etc over ONE game.

The bigger question here anyway is can the OL hold up as well as it did moving forward too.

Edited by Alphadawg7

Huh? I am negative because I am honest? Dude, whether your homer glasses allow you to see it or not, Fitz was a big contributor to that loss with 2 bad INT's to start the 2nd half that allowed Balt to take the lead and never trail again. That doesnt get you player of the week nominations no matter how much you want it to. I dont even know which guys were nominated, but off the top of my head, these guys are way better choices for player of the weak then Fitz as they had HUGE games and WON:

Except the OP was referring to the nominations for NFL Fedex Air Player of the week which is a category open only to QBs.