$5 Trillion in new debt since Pelosi vowed no deficit spending

At the time, it was about as speculative as a shot in the dark while John Goodman is wearing night goggles and the barrel is resting on the temple of the target.

I was referring to the speculation that unemployment would be at 20% right now w/o Obama's ARRA "stimulus", not TARP, which is certainly not a given by any stretch of the imagination.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The liberals want more entitlements and the neocons want more toys that blow up. Both are for out of control spending

I want toys that blow up people living on entitlements.

If you're single and can't afford to have babies....don't have any. Why should I pay for your childcare?

So it has nothing to do with that "Great Recession" thingy? :doh:

I can't stand the woman, but this is just a petty partisan attack.

Even Bush attempted to stimulate the economy with a tax rebate in 2008--before the collapse of Lehman.

Drawn in by the wackos, revisionist and liars I see. I guess I am too. The spin masters need to do a bit more research both in numbers, and cause & effect.

I didn't realize Pelosi, who obviously issued a check her butt couldn't cash, was far more powerful than Bush

in those days. For the record, for the fiscal year ending 9/30/07, Mr. Bush had the national debt standing at

basically 9 Trillion (remember it was at 5.8 Triilion approximately when he first got to approve his first budget). He approved the 2007, 2008, 2008, and 2009 budget (set 10/1/09) and when his final budget (and TARP bailout, etc) was done, the debt was at over 11.9 trillion. That's almost 3 Trillion directly attributed to Bush and the GOP. While Obama's first budget year came in in the range of 1.5 Trillion, it still did not reach to levels of Bush's final budget, war, and bailout.

No revisionist history here, just redirecting this "issue" back to have responsibility borne by the GOP party that has been responsible for near 80% of our countries debt. The GOP has no issue with accruing debt as long as it gives trillions to the ultra-rich, but denies a billion or two for the middle class or poor (citing the infamous, "how you going to pay for it" line of there's that never is mentioned when handing out huge tax breaks or gifts to the rich when there exists no way to pay for those.

Yet the blind still refuse to see. The GOP supporters seek an end to deficit spending through the party that has raped, pillaged, and plundered our treasury the most. Strange days, strange days indeed.

However, on whether Pelosi is an idiot or not, she is....

Why should I pay for your childcare?

Because you are an angry, non-compassionate ex-cokehead that never had children... What better person to ask and bear the burden. Kinda like social atonement :nana:

Only JOKING... This by no means is meant to be an incendiary statement...;)

Anyway... A compassionate person should feel good when they help others, even at the sacrifice of oneself... Not bad.

Boy.. Does it just piss you off when I act like an ass...

And like Gary M said: "I say so."

:D

Edited by ExiledInIllinois