Officals!!!

nmocdr

I was not pleased with those refs at all. I don't care about some silly rule, Corner had an obvious interception that could have changed the outcome of the game. :wallbash:

Let me get this straight...you dont care about the rules? So in other words the refs should rule in favor of the Bills to make you happy even when the rules say otherwise? Man, it gets deep on this board sometimes...

1. We got some favorable spots today

2. The INT was not an INT according to the rules of the game, however there was PI on that play that was missed...probably because the ref was on the opposite side of the players

3. Play should have been stopped for forward progress

So, some stuff didnt go our way, but we didnt lose this game becuase of the refs, we lost this game because of our D and 2 costly INTs by Fitz in the 2nd half...

So stop blaming the refs for the loss...sure it wasnt officiated very good, but we still lost this games because of our D and turnovers

Edited by Alphadawg7

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me get this straight...you dont care about the rules? So in other words the refs should rule in favor of the Bills to make you happy even when the rules say otherwise? Man, it gets deep on this board sometimes...

Okay, maybe I should have said rule instead of rules, but I personally think that that particular rule was wrong in this instance.

Too bad that rule shouldn't be even in this discussion, his elbow was down INBOUNDS. Interception.

Too bad that rule shouldn't be even in this discussion, his elbow was down INBOUNDS. Interception.

No, the FRONT of his elbow was in bounds right next to the line...you CANT see if his elbow breaks the line or not, so you DONT know if he was in bounds and neither do the refs...

There has to be indisuputable evidence to overturn a call...there was not, there was no angle to see if his elbow was fully in bounds or not. There fore, according to the RULES, it cant be overturned.

So, it was the RULES that kept this play from being over turned.

There is only one thing worse than refs.

People who cry about refs.

As official myself for over 20 years, this was one brutally officiated game. Yes it seems the calls went against Buffalo but until you turn the corner and become a good team they usually do. Worse than pointed out it was a horrible officiated game is pretending it wasn't. For myself I have had bad games I know if I stunk, Unfortunately I cannot blame my age like this crew today. Its old and fat guys who can't move or get in position to see plays when they are lucky enough their eyes fail them. Get younger refs

Is it too much to ask to have one game that the Bills lose NOT be because of officiating according to TBD?

It would seem so.

<sigh>

I haven't heard too many complaints about the refs this year... At least not from Bills fans.

As official myself for over 20 years, this was one brutally officiated game. Yes it seems the calls went against Buffalo but until you turn the corner and become a good team they usually do. Worse than pointed out it was a horrible officiated game is pretending it wasn't. For myself I have had bad games I know if I stunk, Unfortunately I cannot blame my age like this crew today. Its old and fat guys who can't move or get in position to see plays when they are lucky enough their eyes fail them. Get younger refs

THIS

No, the FRONT of his elbow was in bounds right next to the line...you CANT see if his elbow breaks the line or not, so you DONT know if he was in bounds and neither do the refs...

There has to be indisuputable evidence to overturn a call...there was not, there was no angle to see if his elbow was fully in bounds or not. There fore, according to the RULES, it cant be overturned.

So, it was the RULES that kept this play from being over turned.

Ohh, you got me there. I thought it was ruled an interception, then overturned. Had to go back and check. Point: Alphadawg7

Is it too much to ask to have one game that the Bills lose NOT be because of officiating according to TBD?

It would seem so.

<sigh>

Dude, this is the first time since homerun throwback that I felt the officiating did take a game away from the Bills. You know how it works in the NFL though when your bad you have to work 5 times as hard to earn a win and no one ever gives you the benfit of the doubt. When you are the Jets, Patriots, Colts, Ravens etc.. The officials give you every call because, after all, you are "Good" according to the masses. It propetuates a self-fufilling prophecy.

These guys have been coached since Pop Warner or Pee Wee league to play until the whistle blows. If Nelson does his job and keeps both hands on that football until the whistle blows, this is a non-issue. Don't leave it up to the refs! Play fundamental football and cover it up, especially when the game is on the line!!!! Not excusing bad refereeing, but control whats in your control...THE BALL!!!!!

How was the Reggie corner pick, not a pick? He caught the ball probably 4 full yards in front of the end line.

When you get a chance to look at the play again. Notice Corner's elbow. Everyone was looking at the feet. I saw the right elbow hit in bounds. Was it just me.

No feet down. No body down. A bizzarre technicality cost them the INT. I was imagining that if you caught the ball at the hash in the air, a strong LB could carry the WR out of bounds for an incomplete. Just a variation of the push-out rule. It was the right call...but strange.

I actually thought it was the wrong call but I am not clear on the rule. He had on foot down, and his second foot landed on the Ravens ankle not the turf. It looked like his elbow landed inbounds before he was thrown out of the end zone. So he has a foot down and an elbow down.

Does that mean anything?

Let me address all in one:

1) There was still forward progress as the Bills were still pushing the pile forward. Valid strip and correct call. No excuse for not having both hands on the ball.

2) The Bills got a couple very favorable spots in key times.

3) The non interception call was correct. Never got 2 feet down. As far as PI goes, both players were abusing each other all during that play. Could have called PI either way. Probably a correct no call though a tough one as far as the Bills are concerned.

4) The Bills player throwing his helmet down was inexcusably stupid. That may very well have cost the Bills the game. And again, the correct call.

Good teams find a way to win when they are playing bad.

Bad teams find a way to lose when they are playing good.

I usually agree with you on these issues but I have to say that forward progress was clearly stopped and then he was stripped. Edwards blew it and he should have taken care of the ball but the refs made the wrong call.

I will agree that we have too many players that do not know how to win. Add Spiller to the list with his stupid kickoff return and fumble at the end of the half.

Was I the only one today that thought the Refs were from Baltimore? Every call went the Ravens way.

I agree.

The no INT on Reggie Corner? Even so if that wasn't actually an INT (which I don't see how?), no offensive pass interference or a holding penalty on Boldin?

I saw two horse collar tackles from the Ravens defense that wasn't called.

Why wasn't the last Bills fumble not reviewed? Even the announcers we're questioning if Nelson's forward momentum stopped.

none of this was as bad as the blown call in the SteAlers-Dolphins game earlier. If you haven't seen it, Big Dumb Rapelisburger dives for the goal line. The defender hits his elbow causing a CLEAR fumble which goes into the endzone. The Dolphins are shown coming out of the mad scramble with the ball. The side judge cannot see the fumble and calls TD because he thinks he made it over the goal line and that the ground caused the fumble.

So on to the review. It was clearly a fumble. So the Dolphins get a touchback? No way. Since the refs were standing around, thumbs in asses, they apparently claim that they don't know who recovered the fumble. Even though there is actual film of the Dolphins coming out of the pile holding up the ball, which the official clearly sees, since he's looking right at him. NOPE. The ruling is: SteAlers ball on the two yard line.

That, my friends, is just plain negligence on the part of the officials. Incompetent boobs...

There is only one thing worse than refs.

People who cry about refs.

I didn't watch a down of FB today,in fact just got home and knew nothing of the days events. First thing I do is ck the scores to see how badly the Bills were beat. Needless to say I was shocked. Wow I think TBD must be buzzing over this, and as I was opening it up my thought was "I wonder how long till I get to a post blaming the referees? Well I overestimated. Didn't even need to open a thread.

I agree.

The no INT on Reggie Corner? Even so if that wasn't actually an INT (which I don't see how?), no offensive pass interference or a holding penalty on Boldin?

I saw two horse collar tackles from the Ravens defense that wasn't called.

Why wasn't the last Bills fumble not reviewed? Even the announcers we're questioning if Nelson's forward momentum stopped.

This was a missed call you don't get to hold up a guy for 3 minutes...blew it fitting end to one missed call after another. When the other team has better players you can rarely over come two blown calls regardless of the sport. When it get to be 4-5-6 even though you out played them you not gonna be able to win it. If your even on talent sometimes you can. Good thing we are not a good team or these would really kill.

I actually thought it was the wrong call but I am not clear on the rule. He had on foot down, and his second foot landed on the Ravens ankle not the turf. It looked like his elbow landed inbounds before he was thrown out of the end zone. So he has a foot down and an elbow down.

Does that mean anything?

Two feet = one elbow or knee.