jake locker on the road

Estro

Locker vs. U. Of Arizona on the road tonight. Heads up for anyone curious, could be a Bill next year.

We'll see what happens tonight. It will be a tough test for him. Arizona has the best defense in the Pac-10 and Locker is playing hurt tonight.

I thought he looked pretty good last week vs Oregon St throwing 5 td's. I know they are not the best but his 2 overtime td's was pretty impressive. We will see if he can cary last weeks form with him on the road?

I'm watching the Arizona game at the moment and so far he is looking pretty good. Shame Washington's 0-line or defence isn't.

Locker vs. U. Of Arizona on the road tonight. Heads up for anyone curious, could be a Bill next year.

That was a beatdown by Arizona. I would be hesitant to draw any conclusions about Locker from that game though. The offensive line was horrendous. Locker was playing with a deep thigh bruise and a rumored broken rib. He was clearly not himself tonight as he didn't have one designed run and missed a couple of passes that he is typically automatic with.

I dunno, I've made an effort to catch the games of our top QB hopefuls for next year - Luck, Mallett, Locker, etc - and the only one who really impressed me was Luck...but even with him it seemed like his longer passes had a lack of zip, which worries me for playing in B-lo. I'm really thinking that we should go LT/D front 7 with our top few picks, and find a QB in free agency. I'm really uneasy about using a top pick on a QB with this bunch.

I was at the game and came away very unimpressed with Locker. I went in with low expectations and he didn't do anything to change my position. He may be banged up, but you have to be able to play with those injuries in the nfl. He panicked under pressure, took too many sacks, missed open receivers, all in all a very poor showing. Don't see how any team can grade him as a 1st round talent.

That was a beatdown by Arizona. I would be hesitant to draw any conclusions about Locker from that game though. The offensive line was horrendous. Locker was playing with a deep thigh bruise and a rumored broken rib. He was clearly not himself tonight as he didn't have one designed run and missed a couple of passes that he is typically automatic with.

You mean Locker wouldn't do well unless there was a good offensive line in front of him, and would need 3 years of grooming? We think he's going to go to a team who can give him both the line and the time.

UW has a junk team around him. By far and away, he has the least talent surrounding him of any major QB. Plus, the Pac 10 might be as good as any conference top to bottom in the country. Add to that, he can't practice all week because of his thigh and ribs. Thus, he misses a lot of valuable practice reps.

I think the guy is a total gamer and made to look a lot worse because of the team and injury. He is Jim Kelly-tough and has every physical skill you want. I really believe if Locker doesn't go in the top 10, some team is going to get a huge steal. However, patience will needed to be practiced.