Ngata expected to be drafted by the Bills

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know its been beaten to death, but this is the first time I've seen Ngata himself say this, which is why I posted.

I want the Buffalo Bills to come clean and say WHO pushed the Whitner pick through? Was it Marv? Was it Modrak? WHO was the genius that decided Ngata was not who we needed? I want a real answer, dammit. No offense intended to Whitner -- you probably couldn't see it coming that you'd be taken at the 8th pick. But I want a NAME -- none of this -- "it was the scouting department" or "Ralph always gets the final say-so" or that BS. I want to know WHO said "No, fellas, we're going to take Whitner". If that individual is not already gone, it's time to make that happen.

Edited by ChasBB

sigh :unsure:

the what ifs. I thought this guy looked like a beast coming out of college. I remember when whitner was picked everyone in the room going whattttttttttttttt

Why take him when they NEEDED a safety, even though he was the 56th rated player on the board

I don't dislike Whitner, but I just don't get how you pass on the best player in that draft, oh well typical Bills at work on how to screw themselves

I want the Buffalo Bills to come clean and say WHO pushed the Whitner pick through? Was it Marv? Was it Modrak? WHO was the genius that decided Ngata was not who we needed? I want a real answer, dammit. No offense intended to Whitner -- you probably couldn't see it coming that you'd be taken at the 8th pick. But I want a NAME -- none of this -- "it was the scouting department" or "Ralph always gets the final say-so" or that BS. I want to know WHO said "No, fellas, we're going to take Whitner". If that individual is not already gone, it's time to make that happen.

You'll never know and even if you did what are you going to do? Get pissed? Fire him?

The Bills organization is deeply dysfunctional from top to bottom. If the owner doesn't do anything about it, then what's the point?

Why take him when they NEEDED a safety, even though he was the 56th rated player on the board

I don't dislike Whitner, but I just don't get how you pass on the best player in that draft, oh well typical Bills at work on how to screw themselves

That's why you don't draft for need. Textbook example.

Let it all go. It's in the past. Nothing we can do about it now.

If the guy who didn't take Ngata is STILL with the organization, then is this REALLY in the past? That's why I want to know Modrak's role here. *IF* Modrak was instrumental in bypassing Ngata, then I want Modrak out of here. If Modrak wanted Ngata, but was overruled by Levy or by committee, or whatever, then Modrak gets a pass. That's why I want NAMES. It is time for the people responsible for past draft debacles to be held accountable (yes, fired, if need be).

Edited by ChasBB

Can't wait to start up this discussion again.

Until Tom Modrak is gone this is a reasonable topic of discussion.

Modrak didn't think Ngata could fit into Jauron's scheme because he was a space-eater not a penetrator.

Um, NO. Ngata leads the league in tackles from NT position.

From what I understand, Jauron needed a safety to run his vaunted Tampa 2, and felt that Whitner was the best fit. Ironic that Whitner's struggles in his first few years have been blamed on his inability to properly operate in a 2 Deep zone---- although he's struggling in coverage this year, as well.